Your favorite Halo cutscene and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh...cutscenes - I've got a couple.
Halo: End cutscene of Silent Cartographer (two reasons)
First: "Look on the bright side, Foe-hammer - the last thing the covenant will expect is an aerial insertion, from underground..." Second: To this day still, I have no idea where the geometry for the tunnel/shaft is in the map, as the pelican descends - and I've looked!

Halo 4: Cortana's Goodbye.
This has got to be the most emotional scene of any game I've played. It's so sad, and you're sure it will all be fine - but you know it won't. It's really hard not to cry, having developed such a strong emotional connection with the characters.

Halo 4: Cortana's Goodbye.
This has got to be the most emotional scene of any game I've played. It's so sad, and you're sure it will all be fine - but you know it won't. It's really hard not to cry, having developed such a strong emotional connection with the characters.

well i'll i got to say is I Love Bees.

'most of me is down there.' earth is below them so yeah some guy just got very lucky.

and then there's the part on requim and the part in the didact.

so this isn't good bye this is just see you later.

'most of me is down there.' earth is below them so yeah some guy just got very lucky.

and then there's the part on requim and the part in the didact.

so this isn't good bye this is just see you later.
Cortana's line "Most of me is down there..." is actually referring to the rest of her fragments being scattered across the Didact's ship/Composer, in an attempt to stave off her rampancy as long as possible, while still helping Chief to the end.
Also, no - none of her fragments are on Requiem.

And for all we know, it could be goodbye - but we won't know until the next game answers those questions.
I suspect [REDACTED] will play a key part in Cortana's possible [REDACTED] - but you know how it will end: [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED]. Right?

well now i'm mostly just worried about the chief finding out that palmer shot halesy.

"SHE DID WHAT?"- cheif

"she shot her cheif don't freak out."- lasky.

"i need her so she can find Cortana, i need her alive, you know i'm going to see plamer, might want a clear the war games deck too."- cheif

(lasky key's plamer.) "you might want to run commader."

"why."- plamer

"i'm going to kill you *****"- cheif line goes dead.

that's just what i think would happend.

Cortana's line "Most of me is down there..." is actually referring to the rest of her fragments being scattered across the Didact's ship/Composer, in an attempt to stave off her rampancy as long as possible, while still helping Chief to the end.
Also, no - none of her fragments are on Requiem.

I can agree with you for the most part, MS7. But, part of me hopes that the Librarian AI backed up a copy of Cortana's code, and that she can be re-introduced either halfway through H5, or in H6.

I suspect [REDACTED] will play a key part in Cortana's possible [REDACTED] - but you know how it will end: [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED]. Right?

Gahah, that one made me laugh...

cortana will become human and the touching will be more [REDACTED] and then we well have [REDACTED] [REDACTED] and then the didact show up and with [REDACTED] with a new [REDACTED] and in halo 6 we [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] and the cheif is saved by (what the heck) Bornys.

My fav would have to be the scene in ODST when your jumping onto earth.

me too a lot of people was hating on the game but it's quite good I just like the moment when we see mickey. "want to live get your @#$ out of the street."

Oh God, so many awesome cutscenes, here are a few of my favourites;
Cortana's goodbye
ODST beginning
Halo 3's ending
ODST's ending
To name a few

ODST beginning
"Tell 'em to make it count," when Jorge throws six from the Corvette, in Reach
Lone Wolf cutscenes from Reach
The scene in Halo 3 where the Humans are on the Shadow of Intent, and they are taking Covie weapons, while the Elites are taking Human weapons.

My favorite is "prepare to drop".
because it shows a piece of halo 2 and its shows the cockyness of ODST.
Also it show's you want its like to be inside a drop pod and have everything possible go wrong and its pretty epic being the reinforcements that rain down from space.
On a side note if Jorge didn't take off his helmet when him and 6 where on that corvette he could have survived because that corvette and center of the super carrier had to have gone somewhere we just dont know where???????

On a side note if Jorge didn't take off his helmet when him and 6 where on that corvette he could have survived because that corvette and center of the super carrier had to have gone somewhere we just dont know where???????

just think about this the ship just jumped plus, if we knew slip space drive's could do that to a enemy ship I would have put up a mine field of them above the planet,

"it must be the whole damn covenant fleet."

"active the mines"

"75% of the enemy ships have been wiped out."

"amen."

It's likely that Jorge would not survive the trip through slipspace. Every time we see a character go through slipspace outside the confines of a ship (mostly in Halo 4), they are protected by that ship's shields. There's no telling what slipspace would do to someone without that protection. While the corvette did still have power, I doubt the shields would be up, since it was docked with the carrier, and obviously the carriers shields wouldn't work without power (which I would assume was lost when the portion of the ship was separated from the rest of it). Add that to the fact that there would probably be no way to exit from slipspace once in.

Nah, Jorge died in slipspace, with or without his helmet.

And, @foxleader, that's an interesting thought, using slipspace mines, if not for the comment Carter made by using "the single most expensive piece of equipment made by man" as a makeshift bomb. It would make more sense (and cost less) to use nuclear warheads as mines.

nukes don't work on covenant ships due to shields and then you have to think of all those ships that where on the ground at the end of the game, how many of them had drives? the slip space passes shields.

and side note the covette was parked like foreword unto dawn was in halo 3.

nukes don't work on covenant ships due to shields

Good point.

and then you have to think of all those ships that where on the ground at the end of the game, how many of them had drives? the slip space passes shields.

Not sure where you're going with this. Any spare drives would be reserved for other ships that were under construction. This is all of course using the logic that I experienced while in the Navy and how they utilize resources, and assuming that it wouldn't change in 500 years.

and side note the covette was parked like foreword unto dawn was in halo 3.

True, but they also used the portal rather than going into slipspace under their own power, so the conditions could have been different (more efficient due to it being a Forerunner portal). The FUD's shields would still have been down, relying on the carrier for protection. I'm not sure why it was necessary for them to dock with the carrier to go into the portal.

wait... what? when did the dawn have shields? none of the UNSC ships had shields and yet we jumped into slip space all the time.

and the level i'm talking about is the end of halo reach the area that is called dry dock/ boneyard. lots of ships and I bet lots of spare drives, due to in one of the books they say those things shouldn't be worked on once they go active. so that mean's a lot of drives not being used and if they where, then where was all the ships?

wait... what? when did the dawn have shields? none of the UNSC ships had shields and yet we jumped into slip space all the time.

Ok, you're right with that respect. Looking at the Halo wiki regarding slipstream travel, UNSC ships are lined with Lead Foil to absorb the high level of radiation inherent with slipstream travel. It is presumable that that same material could exist inside a spartan's armor, so I almost concede that point, but if that was the case, why was Cortana so adament that the Broadsword's shields were not rated for slipstream space (maybe the broadsword itself wouldn't survive the trip, but the armor would)?

and the level i'm talking about is the end of halo reach the area that is called dry dock/ boneyard. lots of ships and I bet lots of spare drives, due to in one of the books they say those things shouldn't be worked on once they go active. so that mean's a lot of drives not being used and if they where, then where was all the ships?

Even if there are a bunch of decommissioned ships on the ground, don't forget about all the ships that are under construction in orbit at stations like Anchor 9. It would be cheaper to re-purpose drives and other equipment from decommissioned ships for the new ships (modern-day Navy does this all the time).

well that clears up the whole service hall out see said. but still they said on the end of tip of the spare that 60% of the UNSC battle fleet was coming and yet when you look up you don't see fighting in space or ships falling to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back