Zombies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texan2012 said:
All I need is alot, and I mean about several to tens of thousands of rounds, of .30 Carbine ammo for static defense.

Why an M1 Carbine? Here is why:

1. it is a battle proven weapon that is good for medium to close quarters fighting.
2. it has the same reliable mechanisims as its big brother, M1 Garand.
3. the gun is light and has a relatively low recoil.
4. it is a magazine fed semi-automatic rifle, forcing you to make each shot count.
5. there is a folding and colapsable stock available.
6. if you travel, you can carry a few hundred rounds easily.
7. the ammo is actually rather common at gun shops, making collection of ammo easy.
8. easy to clean and maintain.

This is a perfect example of a zombie war weapon. Trust me, you'd want one if you could get one.

I've never found a lot of Carbine ammo at gunshops. Hell I didn't see that much when I was at the gigantic Ft Worth gun show a few weeks ago. Out of a giant convention center where they were selling MG42's and Thompson's, I only saw 2 venders carrying a couple hundred rounds.

Best ammo to use is the really common stuff used in hunting rifles and common among many differing militaries.

So .30-06 that my Garand takes well. 7.62 and 7.62 NATO. .45 ACP. .38 .22 long rifle, 12 gauge etc.

You can get most of those at Walmart and the 7.62 is one of the most common at gunstores because so many guns use it.

And if you guys are so worried about sound then fire .22 shorts out of a .22 rifle. The subsonic ammo sounds like a silencer on the rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take my ninja-to.
(BTW, you guys are aware that some idiot is getting ready to have personal weapons confiscated?)

My trusty trench spike will be one of my best defenses :D .

Found it at a garage sale for a steal. Brass knuckles, a thick butt, and about an 8-9'' blade are perfect for CQC and a quick kill.

I don't own any guns yet so I would be pretty screwed in that area :lol: .

M07Marauder said:
My trusty trench spike will be one of my best defenses :D .

Found it at a garage sale for a steal. Brass knuckles, a thick butt, and about an 8-9'' blade are perfect for CQC and a quick kill.

I don't own any guns yet so I would be pretty screwed in that area :lol: .

A real 1917 trench knife (not a repro) is worth about 500 bones. You could get a nice Webley revolver for that, or a Russian .38, or any other number of neat pistols. Classic 8mm Mausers and Nagant's you could pick up for around $300.

Or you could trade me for some armor! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of armor, you could add leather to the areas not covered by the thick plastic of motorcycle armor. In short, take Ithica's MJOLNIR undersuit and add pieces of leather to the blank places to improve the protection, make it harder to bite through.

@ Sigma- you know, you might be right about the .30 carbine ammo. If I can't get much more of it, I'll just have to continue to stock up on .22 ammo for my Ruger 10-22, but even that is hard to get since the gun and ammo grab started just pre-election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back