Zombies

Status
Not open for further replies.
vanalla said:
Plan 1:drive to fort knox. C'mon guys, the most secure place in North America?
Plan 2:Go to canadian tire, take every single rifle, sword weapon and food item they have, and camp out the elevator entrance of the CN tower. (might need my friends help for that one.)
Plan 3:Just drive. Drive until I can't drive anymore.
Yes there is, cheyenne mountain. Its a military base built into the side of a mountain. Here is why it is one of the most secure places in the world:

The Operations Center itself lies along one side of a main tunnel bored almost a mile through the solid granite heart of the mountain. The tunnel is designed to route the worst of a blast's shock wave out the other end, past the two 25-ton blast doors that mark one wall. The center was designed to withstand up to a 30 megaton blast within 1 nautical mile.

The underground Combat Operations Center (COC) was originally intended to provide a 70% probability of continuing to function if a five-megaton nuclear weapon detonated three miles (5.6 km) away, but was ultimately built to withstand a multimegaton blast within 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi). It was also designed to be self-sufficient for brief periods, have backup communications and television intercom with related commands, house personnel during an emergency, and protect staff against fallout and biological and chemical warfare.

The main entrance to the complex is about one-third of a mile (540 m) from the North Portal via a tunnel which leads to a pair of 25-ton steel blast doors. Behind them is a steel building complex built within a 4.5 acres (1.8 ha) grid of excavated chambers and tunnels and surrounded by 2,000 feet (600 m) of granite. The main excavation consists of three chambers 45 feet (15 m) wide, 60 feet (20 m) high, and 588 feet (180 m) long, intersected by four chambers 32 feet (10 m) wide, 56 feet (17 m) high and 335 feet (100 m) long. Fifteen buildings, freestanding without contact with the rock walls or roofs and joined by flexible vestibule connections, make up the inner complex. Twelve of these buildings are three stories tall; the others are one and two stories.

The outer shell of the buildings is made of three-eighths-inch (9.5 mm) continuously welded low carbon steel plates which are supported by structural steel frames. Metal walls and tunnels serve to attenuate electromagnetic pulse (EMP). Metal doors at each building entrance serve as fire doors to help contain fire and smoke. Emphasis on the design of the structure is predicated on the effects of nuclear weapons; however, building design also makes it possible for the complex to absorb the shock of earthquakes.

Blast valves, installed in reinforced concrete bulkheads, have been placed in the exhaust and air intake supply, as well as water, fuel, and sewer lines. Sensors at the North and South Portal entrances will detect overpressure waves from a nuclear explosion, causing the valves to close and protect the complex. The buildings in the complex are mounted on 1,319 steel springs, each weighing about 1,000 pounds (450 kg). The springs allow the complex to move 12 inches (30 cm) in any one direction. To make the complex self-sufficient, adequate space in the complex is devoted to support functions. A dining facility, medical facility with dental office, pharmacy and a two-bed ward; two physical fitness centers with exercise equipment and sauna; a small base exchange and barber shop are all located within the complex.

Electricity comes primarily from the city of Colorado Springs, with six 1,750 kilowatt diesel generators for backup.

Water for the complex comes from an underground supply inside Cheyenne Mountain, deposited into four excavated reservoirs with a capacity of 1.5 million US gallons (6,000 m³) of water. Three serve as industrial reservoirs and the remaining one is the complex’s primary domestic water source. They are so large that workers sometimes cross them in rowboats. About 30,000 to 120,000 US gallons are actually retained at any given time.

Incoming air may be filtered through a system of chemical/biological/radiological/nuclear (CBRN) filters to remove harmful pathogens and/or radioactive and chemical particles. The fresh air intake is mainly from the south portal access which is 17 ½ feet (5.3 m) high and 15 feet (4.6 m) wide and linked to the north portal access which is 22 ½ feet (7 m) high and 29 feet (9 m) wide. The entire tunnel from north to south entry portals is nine-tenths of a mile (1.5 km) long.

My zombie plan (even though i dont live in the US) is ultimately to go there.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my honest opinion, if there was a zombie outbreak where i live, i would put my awesome plan into motion.
Pretty much my plan is this, get old car that would be easy to hotwire and wouldn't have an alarm system in it, drive car to gunstore where i would get access into the shop armed with a tire iron, then i would look as much ammo as i could for a hunting rifle with a good hunting scope, and also some pistols and ammunition ( no idea on weapon preferences, just what weapons to grab) then i would go back to where i live, grab as much food as i could from my house and the houses around (and get sledge hammer) then go to the buildings accross the street from me and set up camp on the highest floor, destroying the staircases with the sledge hammer and creating a big enough hole that the zombies would fall through, but not too big so that i couldn't grab doors from the building and use them for a bridge accross the hole when i needed to go and get food and supplies :p then i just sit it out and shoot the zombies from my vantage point :)

not as awesome as said above plan and the utilization of that awesomely huge facility. But still a solid plan that could work for some time. At the moment i need to work some factorizations into my plan now, to see whether it is plausibly to get to this complex in America from where i am in Australia.

I used to live in Colorado Springs and I'll tell you the one reason why you'd never ever ever ever be able to get into NORAD:

No one really knows how the hell to even get to the front door! I used to hike all over Cheyenne Mountain and Never once did I even stumble upon even a mere fence that said property of USAF, trespassers will be shot! My parents were both in the Air Force and even went to the Academy and they don't even know where the front door is! The only evidence that it's even there is the antennas sticking out of the top of the mountain.

Cheyennemtn_0126.JPG

Secondly, it'd already be locked from the inside behind 20 tons of steel and reinforced concrete by the time you got there.

...they do have an ABM site there though which would be perfect to use against zombies!

Tell you what I'd do, commandeer a nuclear sub along with every non infected playboy bunny from Heff's mansion and wait it out under 500 ft of water. I think I could find a way to pass the time... :D

my weapon we be an M4 and a 357. Revolver

sword, blade, machete etc.. because blades don't run out of ammo lol

and one day when i was bored i duct taped my arms and to my surprise they were bite proof

so get a thick jacket and duct tape your chest arms and legs rofl.

and thats what i call make shift zombie armor :)

my plan would be to get to my high school gym
idk why it just seems secure.

iizahsum said:
I still think my plans best, Cover every entry to your yard with razor and trip wires.

If your going to do that, be sure you can make some pipe bombs or something as effective in case you have zombie crowd control problem.

Also, homemade AP (Anti-Personell) mines can be very effective if you make them right.

Texan2012 said:
If your going to do that, be sure you can make some pipe bombs or something as effective in case you have zombie crowd control problem.

Also, homemade AP (Anti-Personell) mines can be very effective if you make them right.
heres my idea, and i know the spartan ditch is a crazy idea, but if you got your neighbors to help it could happen.[attachment=7774:zPlan.JPG]

and not a single bullet used.

iizahsum said:
heres my idea, and i know the spartan ditch is a crazy idea, but if you got your neighbors to help it could happen.[attachment=7774:zPlan.JPG]
and not a single bullet used.

Very nice, but not practical.

You'd be better off holding out in an old pre-Civil War fort on the coast with all of your supplies. I've been to a few, and the ones with moats have only 1 or 2 access points with draw bridges, several old and probablly usable cannons, and whatever scraps of stuff for crude grapeshot (think useless gift shot trinkets). After that, just hold the fort until help arrives by boat or helicopter, or use it as a zombie killing center with constant resupply from outside sources.

If anyone read the zombie outbreak guide. . the best weapon to have would be a Crowbar. They are blunt and easliy break skulls. . Since smashing a zombies brains is the only way to kill them. Also a crowbar has a ton more uses. Killing for one. . breaking closed doors, smashing locks. you know. .But if all weapons were possible I would use an energy sword.Because thats just a ton of fun. lol. And worst comes to worst, I dont think I would mind being a zombie. Seems kinda fun.

eclipsetuner018 said:
If anyone read the zombie outbreak guide. . the best weapon to have would be a Crowbar. They are blunt and easliy break skulls. . Since smashing a zombies brains is the only way to kill them. Also a crowbar has a ton more uses. Killing for one. . breaking closed doors, smashing locks. you know. .But if all weapons were possible I would use an energy sword.Because thats just a ton of fun. lol. And worst comes to worst, I dont think I would mind being a zombie. Seems kinda fun.

Careful on the necro's!

Check dates before posting!

1st resort = IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZAR
2nd resort =A reliable ROFLKNEIF
3rd resort = MONGOOSE MOWDOWN FTW

If all else fails? You could always borrow Arby's army of deadly lesbian space robots - only to be beaten by LAAZAR BEEEMZ which the zombies shouldn't have access to.

I'd wear my halo armor and be the hero of the day, basically rescuing people from being eaten alive then i'd go hand to hand with the zombies because everyone knows once you put on that helmet you become the ultimate killing machine. :cool: But animals can't get infected, after reading my trusty zombie survival guide only humans get infected. :rolleyes :p Why not just create the 405th zombie squad and have everyone basically team up and save the world? :p

I'd use a Raging Bull revolver, a crowbar, plus essential supplies for survival. All while wearing my SPARTAN armor.

I would camp out on my roof with cases of grenades provided by the local gun store. Oh, and a .30 cal. setup on a tripod.
Everytime them zombies come around, I'll go " beast mode" and start dropping grenades and shooting rounds into the hordes of zombies. I'll eat whatever I have, then I'll eventually go scouting for more. I'll team up with some buddies.

pshhh no halo armour chain mail is where its at and all you need is a knife and a whole lot of luck to defeat swarms of zombies and save the world :D

rocketman1 said:
I would camp out on my roof with cases of grenades provided by the local gun store. Oh, and a .30 cal. setup on a tripod.
Everytime them zombies come around, I'll go " beast mode" and start dropping grenades and shooting rounds into the hordes of zombies. I'll eat whatever I have, then I'll eventually go scouting for more. I'll team up with some buddies.
Silly rabbit, gun stores don't sell grenades...

I'd use my airsoft gun.. and probably get eaten. I do have a nice wooden baseball bat in my room though...
I might use the power of rock though, grab my guitar crank up the amp and rock out (y)
I might also go to the top of mt. Everest and fight them off.

Bigalt424 said:
I'd use my airsoft gun.. and probably get eaten. I do have a nice wooden baseball bat in my room though...
I might use the power of rock though, grab my guitar crank up the amp and rock out (y)
I might also go to the top of mt. Everest and fight them off.

Perhaps we should all kick the zombies into the pit of death like in 300? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back