Zombies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan-118 said:
simply nice, i want you in my mall lol. But wont a shovel or crowbar also splatter blood? Yopu need a rapeir for fast brain take-en-out-age
Any melee weapon will splatter blood. (splatter's not really the right word I guess, zombie blood is always clotted from about a day after death.) so yes, but they are good examples of effective ones.

And Leading, whatever you do, don't use your bare hands. You get blood on your hands, you get the tiniest scratch, you get infected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 169 said:
Hmmm...I'd probably go to my grandfather's house and get his .303 Britsh. He has a 10 round clip and boxes upon boxes of hollow point rounds. Then I'd make some simple armour out of aluminum sheets (Protect the neck, collar bone, arms, legs, abdomen, feet, etc).
Then get my friend and go to the nearby town to his fathers house to get his .303 and double barrel 12 gauge. His father also has katanas and a .357 magnum, but no ammo. I'd make my friend and my GF amour also, and travel in the smallest group possible. (My friend and I get bored easy, so we plan for things like this :p) Vehicles would be no problem to acquire, nor fuel.

glad to see people still use the old .303 British Enfield. i have one too with a 10 round clip, and i rebuilt it with a synthetic stock and a scope. its nice.

for my weapons, id carry:

2 crowbars (in case one gets stuck in something, or i meet up with another non-infected person who needs a weapon). crowbars are the perfect weapon/tool. they dont break, and they can be used in countless situations as a tool.

1 .303 British (in my closet right now) but i doubt i would use it in the initial outbreak. i would probably use it once my crew set up the base.

1 30/30 winchester (in the same case as the .303). this stubby rifle packs a huge wallop, and its short enough to manuever with. the winchester action is quick to cycle shells, and its quick to reload.

2 .22 semi automatic ruger pistols. both have big clips, and you dont need a lot of knockdown power at close range. if im forced to use handguns, i want something that isnt going to recoil a lot, and wont wear me out when im shooting.

i would wear good fitting jeans and a motorcycle jacket, as well as comfortable skate shoes (they are grippy and if you tie them tight, really supportive). being mobile is the key, so id be carrying the case with the .303, one .22 handgun, one crowbar, and all of the ammo in it. id have the 30/30 slung over one shoulder, with one crowbar in hand, and a .22 pistol at my waist, opposite of the 30/30.

transportation would be my honda civic until i could "police" something else. id search for a hybrid, or a horse. it would have to be a horse that doesnt spook easily, but the zombies wont attack it, so in times of trouble ill kick my feet up and fend them away from my body with the crowbar.

as far as a base, theres an awful lot of old Forts around new orleans. most of them are only accessible by boat, so id head over to my grandfathers house, scoop up the generator and whatever else i can get from there, and hop into his boat. once we were on the water, we would be safe for a while, and then head to a fort. from there it would be hit and run tactics to gather more supplies and survivors. and a lot of waiting.

optimusaint said:
glad to see people still use the old .303 British Enfield. i have one too with a 10 round clip, and i rebuilt it with a synthetic stock and a scope. its nice.

for my weapons, id carry:

2 crowbars (in case one gets stuck in something, or i meet up with another non-infected person who needs a weapon). crowbars are the perfect weapon/tool. they dont break, and they can be used in countless situations as a tool.

1 .303 British (in my closet right now) but i doubt i would use it in the initial outbreak. i would probably use it once my crew set up the base.

1 30/30 winchester (in the same case as the .303). this stubby rifle packs a huge wallop, and its short enough to manuever with. the winchester action is quick to cycle shells, and its quick to reload.

2 .22 semi automatic ruger pistols. both have big clips, and you dont need a lot of knockdown power at close range. if im forced to use handguns, i want something that isnt going to recoil a lot, and wont wear me out when im shooting.

i would wear good fitting jeans and a motorcycle jacket, as well as comfortable skate shoes (they are grippy and if you tie them tight, really supportive). being mobile is the key, so id be carrying the case with the .303, one .22 handgun, one crowbar, and all of the ammo in it. id have the 30/30 slung over one shoulder, with one crowbar in hand, and a .22 pistol at my waist, opposite of the 30/30.

transportation would be my honda civic until i could "police" something else. id search for a hybrid, or a horse. it would have to be a horse that doesnt spook easily, but the zombies wont attack it, so in times of trouble ill kick my feet up and fend them away from my body with the crowbar.

as far as a base, theres an awful lot of old Forts around new orleans. most of them are only accessible by boat, so id head over to my grandfathers house, scoop up the generator and whatever else i can get from there, and hop into his boat. once we were on the water, we would be safe for a while, and then head to a fort. from there it would be hit and run tactics to gather more supplies and survivors. and a lot of waiting.
Awesome go to my interactive game

Maby we could commender a plane and fly to Canada or Alaska were its to cold for the virus to fully operate or infect?

Spartan-118 said:
Maby we could commender a plane and fly to Canada or Alaska were its to cold for the virus to fully operate or infect?
The virus can infect in any temperature above freezing. This is because below freezing, because zombies are basically walking corpses, all the Z's freeze and cannot bite you. Unless you go to somewhere that is permanently below freezing, you'll have preserver zombies thawing in summer and coming at you, slower than usual, but quite surely.

I'd get angry. You won't like me when I'm angry, unless I'm angry at the Zombies and not at you. Or, I'd just let loose my angry hordes of underlings.
Wait, what do you mean, I'm out of underlings? I thought I told you to order some more!
Man, good help is hard to find. Stupid do-gooders, always breaking into my secret-underground lair and killing my underlings. :cautious:

Move on up to the local Army Cadet detatchment. They got a small .22 range and enough ammo there to take out a hoard of zombies. After that, I'd move off to one of the larger Cadet camps and crack open the weapons stores there. GPMGs, LSWs, L98s... all weapons I'm trained in, and each have a range of about 50m. Assuming my housemates aren't infected, we load up a decent car with weapons and ammo, and scoot off over to a larger Army base. Assuming it's not deserted/overrun, we work on getting that garrisonned. There's ammo, strong buildings, watchtowers, and most importantly: food. Those places are stocked up with MREs and ration packs which can supply a modest squad with food for roughly a year. Plus, fortified areas are where people will come to first for help - with the correct organisation you can mount an effective resistance.

Assuming the base runs out, we take what we can, load the trucks up with as much as possible, and go to raid the next camp. Trucks would be ideal purely because they can transport lots of supplies and people, as well as being fast, relatively fuel-efficient, and armored.

And we carry on in this way until we run out or the outbreak is resolved. If we run out, we line up and pop a bullet in our own heads. Tough, but realistic.

all youd have to do is go to an island, such as melba or bermuda, as to minimize the the amount of zombies that you have to interact with, and kill. the island should be a relitively small, isolated island the had a population at one point, so you could commandeer their farms and villages. from there you could just go to the mainland and take out zombies one by one, slowly cleansing the world, going back to your little island outpost as often as you wish

Anybody ever read, "The Complete Zombie Survival Guide"? It's pretty good.

I'd use a machete and a 22. caliber rifle. Most people will say that it's too weak, but it can actually penetrate the first layer of your skull, but not exit it, and bounce around inside of a zombie's head, destroying it's brain.

1 - Move supplies to upstairs of my house

2 - Fill up all upstairs bathtubs, sinks, buckets, etc. (You'll never know when they cut water mains)

3 - Bring candles, lighters, matches, portable generators upstairs for light and power

4 - Once everything that is needed is safely upstairs, destroy the staircase. Then barricade where the previous staircase would enter in the second floor of your house.

5 - Get on the roof and try and signal for help or rescue.

I've read the zombie survival guide, as well as the World War Z audiobook.

#1 weapon: Shaolin spade. wide shovel on one end, crescent on other. About 7-8' long.
Think of it as a polearm designed to decapitate with both thrusting and slicing blows.
No fuel or ammo needed. Pretty quiet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaolin_spade

#2 weapon: heavy chu-ko-nu. A chu-ko-nu is a chinese repeating crossbow.
If one was fitted with a strong modern prod and materials, and very simple bolts were utilized- say, one-piece steel rods with sharpened tips, you'd get these benefits:
-skull-shattering.
-cheap/easy ammo
-very quiet
-fast rate of fire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chu_Ko_Nu

#3 weapon: machete/falchion. Can wear it at all times. Great for taking things off.
Again, no fuel or ammo needed, and pretty quiet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machete

Armor:
articulated vacuum-formed polycarbonate, based on medieval patterns.
-mass-produceable.
-impervious to zombie claws and teeth
-quiet
Helms would probably be bubble-shaped, and special attention would be paid to the neck protection.
Gauntlets can be leather, with polycarbonate plates over knuckles and wrist areas- lets you operate machinery and use weapons.

Vehicles:
Horses, maybe wagons. If zombies break out, the supply chain is gone, and local alternative energy is nonexistent in the States. Horses are nice and easy to feed. Way quieter than a car or truck. If used in combat, barding armor is a must, and they work best in large groups.

Where to go:
#1:
Mountains. Rocky terrain and scarcity of prey discourages zombies. Cold freezes them. Lots of rock to build a stronghold. Fresh water in places. Open land means that watchmen can get a bearing on anything incoming.

#2:
A barrier island with fresh water. Near to industrial center or civilization is also a plus. Set up home base on a wide beach, construct defenses with natural areas where zombies will congregate, then smash their heads in from atop your battlements. Make raids on surrounding countryside for food, supplies, and machinery.
If the right barrier island is picked, the current between you and the mainland will take care of any bottom-walkers.

My weapon of choice for CQB is the M1A2 Carbine with selectable mode of fire. Semi-Auto for longer ranges, Full auto for emergencies only. ;)

Assuming that this is a legit question. I doubt any of you can really get any of those weapons, especially if you hear about a zombie outbreak. The term Zombie is so over used in pop culture that its just getting old. Infected sounds much better and is much more true to life.

Ok the Zombie case:

Lets analyze what their capabilities are, assuming that the movies are accurate.
Pro's -
- Slow
- Relatively stupid
- Have no knowledge of how to use weapons

Con's -
- High risk of biting you
- 1 scratch can make you into one of them

Zombies however are the Living Dead, which means they are really dead, meaning their concious mind works but their sub-concious (The mind that makes you think) is dead.

Now a more realistic term Infected:

As seen in 28 days later and 28 weeks later

They run fast, they can swim, they are SMART, they DO NOT tire out. They are subconciously alive and conciously alive as well but are infected and have a desire for blood and making everyone one of them.

What I would do in the case of a Zombie outbreak is to not panic. Thats the first thing you dont want to do. If you panic, you will most likely die. I would stop and analyze the situation. What I would do next is to check the perimeter of my house or apartment or whatever I live in for a likely threat. If its clear, I would immediately run to my car calm at the same time. Just drive and do not stop for anything. I will then go to my parents house and pick them up if they have not died yet. In my case I would have a baseball bat, or something to swing at someone if they try to attack me. If the entire country has been infected, dont worry! there is still hope. If the whole world has been infected, again, dont worry there is still hope left. I would drive out of the state assuming the outbreak is just there and nowhere else. I would then find a shelter and try helping out in any way possible. Again guys if this were to happen tomorow, I doubt you would have an m249, or a l96 just laying around in your house. If you do then you would extra prepared.

Hurray for relatives with hunting rifles.

But maybe some people collect military firearms? Sure they won't be full automatic, but they are semi-auto.

In any case, I'd just stick with my plan of being well protected. And always have my USMC combat knife on me at all times. (yay ebay)

plan a get my ak47 out get some land mines from the army get a m16 with a gernade launcher attachment a katana sword a 400 pound crate of ammo go to the saint lues science senter block off all the doors and make a concrete bunker in the middle of the bridge and place 5 trip mines at every door and place 2 windows facing the 2 ending pars of the bridges and place 2 gatlen guns in the bunker windows
plan b scream and run around in circles lol
id go with plan a then itll be
:tutu:

Massive Necro. But, since it was already bumped ;).

I personally aim at having everything that would be readily available and easy to get my hands on. So the weapons I would be carrying would be a .357 Magnum, something between a .22-.50 hunting rifle w/ a magazine, and a crowbar.

I never liked the idea of just staying in one place during a zombie infestation, but it would mostly depend on how fast these suckers move. If you have your normal, run of the mill slow walk zombies, my friends and I would wander the continent. If I find a good place to hole up, I will. If they are your nasty running zombies, like 28 Days Later and Left 4 Dead, I'm hiding on a roof.

All I need.

peach-katana-paul-chen-samurai-sword-blade.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back