Age discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it did ever change, make it where you put in your birthday and lots of other info, so it makes it seem like its not a big deal when they're regestering and hopefully put their real one in. And then ban their IP address for a while.

If you have that stupid thing that you click "I'm over the age of 13" and "I'm under the age of 13" then it never works right, all it takes is a little lie.

Thanks to those that are participating. A quick poke in the eye to those who seem to think that legal issues are insurmountable, regardless of being told otherwise, and even being shown examples of it around them. Another poke if you're still thinking "but.. but.." :lol:

lol

While we're at it.. a swift stomp on the toes of anyone who still thinks that these forums are disappearing from under their feet.

A swirly for anyone who missed the fact that we're trying, we really are, and that your participation out here, directly inpacts the decisions that will be made as we get to that point.

oh.. and a foil Gold star sticker for anyone who hasn't been injured while reading this post (y)

Okay, lookin at the first 2 pages and last 5 posts, I'm gonna try to get back in my own conversation.

I personally say 16. Mainly because of the money and license thing, but also because 16 is the point were almost (not all) teenagers have more or less matured (Don't hold me to that). If I were 14, I would type something like this.

1 t0taly say tat da 4o5t shud n0t has an age l1m1tz.

Or something like that. I don't know 733t or gamer talk (amazingly).

While I understand that the issue is older w/ younger members, there isn't a very high likely-hood that one of you will do something. Like, IE, I would personally trust Vrogy. He was my first friend on the 405th and has been very friendly and helpfull. In fact, most people on the Forums are extremely nice and polite and compliment each other even if the work isn't particularly great. Not trying to offend anybody.

Maybe 405th memberships should require checks in the Child Sexual Assault database (or whatever the bloody-hell it's called)?

Now, the forums at Black Mesa Source scare the holy hell out of me. On of the Mods, Raminator, is a complete jackass.

But that's just my standpoint. If you bring legal into this, I'm officially against, unless there is something we can do, like a waiver.

18. Why? Purely hope that the Charter can be done before DragonCon.

@Vex: I got banned for posting that gif somewhere.. roffles.

DoC ByTeS said:
I think you underestimate the numbers of the above 18 year old spartans, and least in the "active" community. While I have no problem with a lower age, I think it's more about the way you act on the forum. The people that necro topics for fun, don't search topics first or read stickies before posting question, and the rude or childish, should be the main focus of carving out the deadwood so to speak. The bad news with this is that the majority of these people are an average age of 13-17. I support the idea of an age limit, but for those that act older then there could be exceptions. I have 13 year olds on my friends list and see them contributing, yet remember whatever happens is for the good of the group.

Your completely missing my point why kick people off the form when you can resolve this by have member stats that can access member sections. You can't expext a 13 year old to know hwo to run and maintain a site(in some cases they due aka my cousin). Like I said I am 21 so not like I'm under 18 trying to work my way up. I know theres quite a number of people over 18.

Last edited by a moderator:
ODST-RAGE said:
Your completely missing my point why kick people off the form when you can resolve this by have member stats that can access member sections. You can't expext a 13 year old to know hwo to run and maintain a site(in some cases they due aka my cousin). Like I said I am 21 so not like I'm under 18 trying to work my way up. I know theres quite a number of people over 18.
Toes hurt yet? They should.

Vrogy said:
VeX: I got banned for posting that gif somewhere.. roffles.

Banned from where?
Who could hate on that gif? It's priceless.

Thanks to those that are participating. A quick poke in the eye to those who seem to think that legal issues are insurmountable, regardless of being told otherwise, and even being shown examples of it around them. Another poke if you're still thinking "but.. but.." chuckle.gif

Never said 'insurmountable', just hard to get done properly. It took me 4 months to get a simple terms of use and privacy policy from my IP lawyer =\. It can be expensive and time consuming is all. Just trying to be realistic in terms of time and effort =\. Some dedicated soul could get this done, but it shan't be fun lol

Purely hope that the Charter can be done before DragonCon.
Poor mods XD They've got a lot of fun stuff to pour over.

ODST-RAGE said:

Deadguy said:
Toes hurt yet? They should.

Deadguy is right. You seem to still misunderstand that the forum will be staying the SAME! The age limit would be restrictive to the Cos Play or Armor club, not kicking people off the forum. The forum is setup to help all no matter what age, I do believe had you read all the post from mine till now you would have caught that by now. ;)

[ :lol: Joke]
Don't get their hopes up... we are secretly biding our time so that we can kick everyone out but 6 people... the super secret low member number club, funded by our parents parents... ;) you know who you are 1337ist.
[/ JOKE :lol: ]

Seriously, in all seriousness like manner of speech to follow. I would love to have some of the younger people around. But disregarding the fact the the Adults are legally responsible for the welfare of the minors, but the minors are not legally responsible for the adults, it benefits no one to intermingle the age groups outside what is made possible by law, because the repercussions are to great for the adults should something happen to a minor.

Now I do agree that if membership means being able to say that your are a 405th Infantry Division member, and identify yourself that way while in costume and not, and that nothing would really change for the public forum, then by all means thats what would happen.

Being under 18, if you choose to attend a Convention in costume on your own, who's to stop you. Not everyone that will own a suit will be or want to be in the 405th. Just like there are Troopers out there who aren't in the 501st.

Give this a rest... go back to making armor, quit getting wrapped up in what you "think" is going to happen. No one hates you, we all like you. Take break from complaining, and try to help this community.

You'll find out about all of this when we do... thats been made apparent by the people that seem to know whats going on, or think they know whats going on, when they in fact know nothing thats going on, and only start arguments to argue to make other people think they know whats going on.... if you insist on being a nuisance, then I will send Chuck to see you to round house kick you all in the face... P#**#*#

18_chucknorris_lgl.jpg

This post is not directed at any one individual, so please don't burn me.

ODST-RAGE said:
ahh well to many post since I went to work so I skimmed :oops: .

That's cool, I know how that is sometimes. :D

Spase: Can you get Chuck to come over anyway there is a guy that took over my video camera this last weekend and I think he needs a "special" kick :confused:

J/k

Sorry Chuck, not
goonies_chunk.jpg

Since when did Chuck need Uzi's?

But your right. You guys should not be held responsable for us. Even if most of us youngins are mature enough and resourceful enough to do this, it still isn't your problem.

But all the same... I would love to be a part of the 405th Cos-play, and I would grudgingly wait out my aging process if I need too. But if there IS a way around it, I wan't to find it.

Maybe for younger members going to events under 405th representation, they would either require parental (their parents) supervision or a separate waiver (one per event).

But I don't think many of you go to Gen-Con in Indy, right?

Spartan137 said:
Since when did Chuck need Uzi's?

But your right. You guys should not be held responsable for us. Even if most of us youngins are mature enough and resourceful enough to do this, it still isn't your problem.

But all the same... I would love to be a part of the 405th Cos-play, and I would grudgingly wait out my aging process if I need too. But if there IS a way around it, I wan't to find it.

Maybe for younger members going to events under 405th representation, they would either require parental (their parents) supervision or a separate waiver (one per event).

But I don't think many of you go to Gen-Con in Indy, right?

By 405th cos-play i presume you mean marches and parades etc.. (like at Dcon)

Would i still be able to enter a cos-play contest at a convention with the 405th logo on my shoulder? providing i don't say I'm a member of the 405th. (the conventions I'm talking about Armageddon and E games both in Australia in November)
and if anyone asks me "hey dude, cool armor, how'd u make it" could i say: "go check out the 405th forums" Instead of explaining to the copious amounts of people all the different plastics, explaining what silicon rubber is etc....

Actually, is there any possibility of the people who made the recent 405th logo to create a 405th forums logo? That way, younger members can show representation of their aliegance without saying they are part of a group they arn't.

Well am I one of the 6? For the super lower # club.

I never read the stickys and do not know how to use the search thing... my bad

Please do NOT send Chuck Norris

I am still for the kids showing up at con and game stop in kit to troop. I think we can work it out.

...I thought there was 9 of us? I am out arnt I .... :eek:

When my armor's ready (hopefully within the summer) I plan to wear it to Gencon in Indy. Hopefully, I'll be at Dragon-con and Comicon in a variant suit sometime around 2013 (no school then!).

I would go to E3, but I heard that got closed to the public... :cry:

Rob - I am unable to process your post. I have no idea what you're saying or asking, and therefore, I'm posting my latest achievement as a responce.

Achievement-Chuck.jpg

Hope that helps.. ;)

Deadguy said:
oh.. and a foil Gold star sticker for anyone who hasn't been injured while reading this post (y)
Can I trade my foil Gold star for a cookie? If not, It's going on my armour.
BTW, to the mods, totally appreciate what your doing. Oh, and go for the age limit, even though that an age limit of 18 means I can't join.

Deadguy said:
Rob - I am unable to process your post. I have no idea what you're saying or asking, and therefore, I'm posting my latest achievement as a responce.

Achievement-Chuck.jpg

Hope that helps.. ;)

Look at it now I edited it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back