Soft Parts another great undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galohan

I was looking at the other threads, and noticed that they havent added this website.

www.morphsuits.com

they have many different colors, but if they didnt have black i wouldnt have even mentioned it. The material is probably a bit thin, but you can always wear clothing underneath.

More commonly known as "zentai suits". Yep, that would probably do the trick. I noticed the other day that Walmart (in Eastern Canada, at least) is selling "performance suits" (sort of a nylon / lycra blend) for about $20. That might work too. I'll have to give one a try for the MKVI I'm working on.

In Quebec? :D
So, 20$? Does it have plating like motorcycle body armor? :D
And what's the point of a morphsuit other then looking like -BLAM-ing idiot? xD

For Halo armor, you usually don't want something skintight like that. Unless you have the musculature of a Spartan already. If not, it will make your arms and legs look like either sticks or blobs, depending on your body type.

However, I've seen some very attractive females use it for costuming, with... very nice results.

Also, good for Power Ranger suits.

I have no dout that it would look great on females. I really think that if you put some stuff onderneath, especially in the places where it would show black, then you could look bigger. This stuff is meant to stretch.

For Halo armor, you usually don't want something skintight like that. Unless you have the musculature of a Spartan already. If not, it will make your arms and legs look like either sticks or blobs, depending on your body type.

However, I've seen some very attractive females use it for costuming, with... very nice results.

Also, good for Power Ranger suits.

It would be pretty easy to make a Cortana costume if you got your hands on a weaving machine.

I have no dout that it would look great on females. I really think that if you put some stuff onderneath, especially in the places where it would show black, then you could look bigger. This stuff is meant to stretch.
Err, don't wanna be a jerk, but I don't think it was appropriate to post that....

lol, i just realized that had another meaning! haha, woops, sorry guys, i was replying to your skintight part. I implied that you could put clothing underneath the morphsuit. The "MORPHSUIT" is meant to stretch.

lol, i just realized that had another meaning! haha, woops, sorry guys, i was replying to your skintight part. I implied that you could put clothing underneath the morphsuit. The "MORPHSUIT" is meant to stretch.
I think he was referring to the comment about the ladies. :p

In any case, do want, but only for the sheer novelty one of those things must provide. Looks kinda wimpy for an undersuit.

Plenty of people use thermals. They're a particularly good starting point for ODST undersuits. And really, a lot more cost-effective than crazy bodysuits. A good-fitting long sleeve shirt and pants can fulfil the same purpose, even. Total price: $20 maybe?

Most Spartans need to bulk up a bit though, so people who can afford it usually go with things that have thickness, or padding (like motorcycle armor).

Plenty of people use thermals. They're a particularly good starting point for ODST undersuits. And really, a lot more cost-effective than crazy bodysuits. A good-fitting long sleeve shirt and pants can fulfil the same purpose, even. Total price: $20 maybe?

Most Spartans need to bulk up a bit though, so people who can afford it usually go with things that have thickness, or padding (like motorcycle armor).

So then where would I find a good thermal suit for 20 bucks?

I made my own undersuit for my spartan using a top and bottom spandex pieces and sewed them together then used vinyl fabric for detailing.

But if you're really set on a bodysuit, I recommend this ebay seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Shiny-L...223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aacf58fef
That's the person who I got my Cortana, Blackcat, and soon Hexadecimal bodies from. (because I was far too lazy to make more bodysuits).
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34206-Hyo-s-Cosplay-WIP-s

But yeah, I would agree with everyone else in that having a skin tight suit under your armor, unless you're built, don't do it. Use the opportunity to use something to 'bulk up' parts that aren't covered by the armor, that if you don't, will make you look funny.
ie my knees in my spartan suit.

Well I have a lycra undersuit, no padding on the areas without armour other than the 2mm foamies used for detailing. I think it looks ok, but, what do you think? *edited- I'm only 73kg and 5'8" but suit up at 6' 2" with a little help from some home made risers/platforms*
BMP.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back