Another noob enters the fray..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you 405th :D Especially to LongShot-X (for going out of his way to help me when I first joined the site) and Cereal Kill3r (for making such a well detailed thread and videos of his build)

Finished my helmet..the green looks a bit funky due to the camera, I'll get some daylight pics when I can.

DSCN4118.jpg

DSCN4121.jpg

DSCN4122.jpg

DSCN4123.jpg

DSCN4111.jpg

DSCN4112.jpg

^ Green looks a bit more accurate there.

Thanks for looking in

Really nice work buddy... I think I'm going to restart mine ... I'm doing te pep work this week for the whole outfit and on Sunday doing ALL my resin and fibreglass ... So just gonna start fresh..

I've never done this stuff before so keep trying new things and rushing it I think.

Jesmonite is great but it's not working as well as what other people's stuff is coming out as, y'know.. Well hopefully ill catch you up again :p

Really nice work buddy... I think I'm going to restart mine ... I'm doing te pep work this week for the whole outfit and on Sunday doing ALL my resin and fibreglass ... So just gonna start fresh..

I've never done this stuff before so keep trying new things and rushing it I think.

Jesmonite is great but it's not working as well as what other people's stuff is coming out as, y'know.. Well hopefully ill catch you up again :p

Same here dude, I had no prior experience with Pepakura, resin/fibreglass or Bondo type stuff so this has been a huge learning curve for me. My inexperience has cost me a bit in wasted time, money and resources but I stuck at it, took my time, payed attention to detail (kinda) and tried to do the best I could. I made a lot of mistakes - which hopefully I won't be repeating - but I'm sure the more time I spent enjoying this amazing hobby the easier it'll become and the better I'll get....I hope so anyway - I have entire suit left to build yet :D

This has come out really well, you should be proud. The battle scarring is pretty intense but it looks realistic, I like it :)

Handplates done and fitted to gloves

DSCN4133.jpg

DSCN4135.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments guys & gals - appreciated :)

@Sara - If you saw how bad I am at Halo you'd see why my armors battered ;)

@Sara - If you saw how bad I am at Halo you'd see why my armors battered ;)

LMAO, I know how you feel bud! I'm at about 2:1 death to kill ratio, basically a grunt eating up people's ammo lol.

The greeblies on the helmet were a nice touch, the detail on your kit is great. The green color looks great, looks spot on in the light. The hands look amazing too, keep up the great work.

If your suit fits to you properly (which I'm sure it will) I'm sniffing an epic thread in the making

LMAO, I know how you feel bud! I'm at about 2:1 death to kill ratio, basically a grunt eating up people's ammo lol.

The greeblies on the helmet were a nice touch, the detail on your kit is great. The green color looks great, looks spot on in the light. The hands look amazing too, keep up the great work.

If your suit fits to you properly (which I'm sure it will) I'm sniffing an epic thread in the making

Thanks man. Even though I've only just started this build it's been a massive learner curve and a real head scratcher at times. I've messed up and had to do stuff again, but then again some parts have just come together. I spent a lot of time looking for the right paint as I really wanted a generic, yet militant MC color that would be instantly recognizable and be a blend of the game type graphical image and the live action footage of MC...and still stop it looking 'plasticy' (spellcheck fail).
That sounded pretty deep didn't it lmao.
I'm pretty confident with the fit - I was linked to LongShots' sizing - he's 5' 9" (I'm an inch shorter) and he has the same build and waste size as myself so if his fits him, mine will fit me, but even if it is somehow slightly too big it will all be correct relative to each other so it'll still look good ;)
I'm not thinking far enough ahead to make it to an epic thread, but I would be very proud to bear that crux :D And with a bit more experience behind me...the next suit will be even better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back