Another noob enters the fray..

Status
Not open for further replies.
74007_146553938827873_295993618_n.jpg

Right shoulder pepped...cod next.

Thanks for looking in

No...just no... You are no noob. You are far to good to be a noob. That helmet is fantastic!!! Your pep is very clean and it looks well scaled. I can't believe this is your first build. Subbed.

No...just no... You are no noob. You are far to good to be a noob. That helmet is fantastic!!! Your pep is very clean and it looks well scaled. I can't believe this is your first build. Subbed.

Thanks RT :D I certainly am a noob...for now at least ;) But with a bit of time and a little more experience maybe I can reach the hallowed ground of the elite forums :D
Nice to have you on-board...enjoy the ride.

Magic, out of curiosity, how did you get the tapered end of your forearm to assemble so well? I'm assuming it is, but when I got down to that end, it was really hard to glue together. Any suggestions other than just going superuser slow? I was referencing the 3D model, but I still could not seem to get the wiggly bits together @ the end.

so yes... RTWHOCKY is right, you are no nuub. =^_^=

I have been doing pepakura for a very long time, even earned a spot in the mentor program for teaching pep techniques, but I have never seen this kind of pepe work from a beginner. Hell...I don't think I could even come close to work like that. Good Job! Also, Love the green paint you use. everyone goes with the traditional dark green/olive drab but I think you hit the nail on the head with that paint (foreign planets have lots of bright colored plants!) Will be following this build definitely!

Thanks RT :D I certainly am a noob...for now at least ;) But with a bit of time and a little more experience maybe I can reach the hallowed ground of the elite forums :D
Nice to have you on-board...enjoy the ride.

i agree with RT. thats to good to be considered a noob. thats the cleanest pep work ive ever seen. even better than mine and i stay directly on line.

if you are new to making armor than you have some serious natural talent.

i agree with RT. thats to good to be considered a noob. thats the cleanest pep work ive ever seen. even better than mine and i stay directly on line.

if you are new to making armor than you have some serious natural talent.

Thanks Omni and I'm not just giving generic responses here - when I lack motivation to get on with the build or cba to post my progress, it's posts and comments like this from you guys that give me a kick up the butt to get on with it. It's really great and I appreciate every single member that takes the time to reply in the thread. I better not mess it up now had I :D

a_002_zpsb342dbbf.png

Well that's the right forearm pepped, so I've now pepped the whole top half of my armour (woot), just the thighs, shins and boots to do. Currently waiting on my Jesmonite to arrive and then the fun starts ;)

Have a fantastic New Year 405th, thank you for all your help <3

Wow, I really am enjoying looking in on your build. You have made amazing progress and for a noob like myself you are going along fast, I hope my current build turns out as good as yours has so far. Good luck man.

Wow, I really am enjoying looking in on your build. You have made amazing progress and for a noob like myself you are going along fast, I hope my current build turns out as good as yours has so far. Good luck man.

Thanks man. The main advice I can give you is cut carefully and make your folds super sharp - score the fold lines and fold them all first. IMO the folds are more important than the cuts ;) And don't rush.
Your helm looks like it's coming along pretty well dude :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back