Another Reach Mark V Torso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, i apologize for the lack of updates recently everyone! Im working 40+ hours a week and then coaching for about 15-20 on top of that and havnt had a lot of "me" time in some time! I plan on eventually doing files for most if not all the chest attachments. I will work on the Grenadier piece next since it was asked first, but it is still 2nd in lie as of now behind the female base torso. Its completed, i just need to finish breaking it down in pep. Im on christmas vacation now till the 3rd so ill have some time to do some stuff. Expect the female base in the next couple of days probably. And the Grenadier to be at least 2 weeks after that depending on how much time i can spare.

Sorry for the double post!!!

Just a little preview of whats coming :D
Untitled-4.png

You can expect these and the female base armor in the next day or 2!

Well, everyone, the wait is over! All of this is also in the first post. Enjoy!

Download here:
Male Torso
Untitled4-1.png
Female Torso
femalebase.png
UA/Base Security (M)
UABaseSecurity.png
HP/Halo (M)
hahalo.png
ODST (M) - ALL CREDIT FOR THE ODST GOES TO HUGH HOLDER, HE WAS KIND ENOUGH TO LET ME EDIT AND USE HIS FILE, THANKS AGAIN!
odst.png

I having some issues with scaling. When you say to measure my shoulder width, how should i be measuring? should i be measuring from the outer older of my shoulder or from where? o.o

Done with pep on this 1 looks sweet, But can't fig out were to cut it yet to put it on for size. any one with a idea on this pls. msg me. AND Thank you very much for this pep file its great.

this is amazing, i always though that the size of the torso was a problem because it would be seperate from your body, but this solved that problem. welldone

Hey, here's mine, I added an inch and it fits perfectly.
(Click on to enlarge)
th_Img_3883.jpg

looks like it does fit you perfectly. Where does it sit on your shoulders? Does the shoulder sit on the edge of your shoulder bone above your rotator cuff or something? Gonna start my build and thinking that I should measure it by the width, is that what you did?

I having some issues with scaling. When you say to measure my shoulder width, how should i be measuring? should i be measuring from the outer older of my shoulder or from where? o.o
In the first post before any of the files there is a scaling formula that should get you very accurate scaling for the file.

The last part which I need for my friend's Kat armor !
Thanks a lot !
Of course!! Glad I could help!

looks like it does fit you perfectly. Where does it sit on your shoulders? Does the shoulder sit on the edge of your shoulder bone above your rotator cuff or something? Gonna start my build and thinking that I should measure it by the width, is that what you did?
Again, in the first post, there is a scaling method that is very accurate.

@L3X BLU3R1V3R
You are a very skilled guy. I want to say thank you for shearing your hard work with us.
Thank you! I'm glad everyone likes them so much!

The add ons arr really cool. I assume you use the same scaling number as the torso.
Yep! If you change the scale of the base, just copy the scaling number and paste it in the attachment and it will be rescaled to your base.

I managed to finish it, and it looks freaking amazing. I love the detail and work put into it. Such a great looking piece. resinined the back today, a relatively light coat. Im taking it super slow, because if this this warps, i am going to be incredibly discouraged from the whole pep building idea. This is the third Reach chest ive made (First two were lgandersons). His were nice, yours is better.

this Chest is great. As for the sizing all I did with mine was take out 2 inch's on the lower belt to tapper it, and it fits perfect. No rescaling or math needed. Thanks again for all you're great work on this 1

12am and I got further along.. Yes the neck area is a tad too snug to just throw it over but I believe it is pretty darn close to how it is supposed to be. For my test fittings the neck will be put in last as well as the back panel. So far it is a great fit!

With the addition of the soft armor sides (which is perfect ) it would be a challenge not to make this a 2 piece and keep the scale correct. I had fun just crawling into it with the back off. I believe he nailed the proportions down well. Neck is not a slip over design for the scale to fit my shoulders. I figure collar is supposed to be rubberized anyways.

Recent updates.

That's an amazing pep dude, one question, where did you get the file for the float part on the back of the torso, i don't know the actual name of the part, but it is that one on the lower back. I would love you to help me get it. Thanks.
and also thanks to L3X for this excellent model.

That's an amazing pep dude, one question, where did you get the file for the float part on the back of the torso, i don't know the actual name of the part, but it is that one on the lower back. I would love you to help me get it. Thanks.
and also thanks to L3X for this excellent model.
You cn find the "float part" on the back of the file for lgandersons slim chest model. Just gotta make it fit with the right scale.

This is a formula I used for getting the vent from lganderson's model to fit the scale of L3X's :)

*Model Height of L3X's Chest* ÷ 1.25 = *Height to scale lganderson's model*

Then simply find the pages for the vents and print only those

Just note, it may not be EXACTLY correct, I guesstimated on my own attempt and got it about right so I'd advise printing the surface of the vents on normal paper and measure it to see if it's right before you use that valuable cardstock :)

- X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back