Another Reach Mark V Torso

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i know that A LOT of you will be angry and excited all at the same time when you see this, but...

MaleTorsoV4frontnback.jpg

V4 coming soon...

Disclaimer: What you see is not the final product.

Changes include but are not limited to:
1. Better (wider) collar
2. Completely rebuilt ab plate, plus the little thingy above it
3. A lot more detail (at the moment its there, but if things prove difficult for pepping ill remove some of it)
4. The staggered plates on the lower back

And for anyone who wants to ask. Yes, all the attachments ive made will already fit this when its done.

PS- Pony, please, if you see this, DON'T EXPLODE from its awesomeness!!! I know you'll want to, but I really dislike bits and pieces. :p

LOL I would love the high detail version when you are done, regardless of it's pep-a-bility

Well out with it all ready... Just joking. But I still have time to take a few parts of the new one and add them to the old build. And I just wanted to add thank you so much for all you're hard work.

I see how you are....I get more than half way done with a foam build from your v3 release, and bam, now this. :D Aaahh I'm just kidding buddy. It looks like most of the additional details can be reworked and added. Thanks for your hard work sir, it looks faaan-tastic.

-Matt

pure awesomeness L3X!! As usual!! Here's a little request... could you maybe put some more structure supports in it? Also, is the model mostly the same as V3? Like could I just pull off the ab plate on the one i have pepped and put the ab plate from this model on if its the same scale?

OMG OMGOMG OMGOMGOGMOGMOG! This made my day! XDDDD
Awesome! Its been a while since Ive made someones day lol

LOL I would love the high detail version when you are done, regardless of it's pep-a-bility
Will do sir, will do.

Well out with it all ready... Just joking. But I still have time to take a few parts of the new one and add them to the old build. And I just wanted to add thank you so much for all you're hard work.
Of course, it keeps me occupied, plus i figure i should share it with everyone here!

I see how you are....I get more than half way done with a foam build from your v3 release, and bam, now this. :D Aaahh I'm just kidding buddy. It looks like most of the additional details can be reworked and added. Thanks for your hard work sir, it looks faaan-tastic.

-Matt
Actually, for the most part, this is exactally the same as the V3. so you should just be able to cut pieces out of your build and replace them.

pure awesomeness L3X!! As usual!! Here's a little request... could you maybe put some more structure supports in it? Also, is the model mostly the same as V3? Like could I just pull off the ab plate on the one i have pepped and put the ab plate from this model on if its the same scale?
Sure, i was actually planning on adding supports in anyway, but i usually dont add them till the end. And yes, all you would have to do is cut off the ab plate and replace it with the new one, though the new one wont be actually attached to the torso.

I laughed so hard when i saw that this was all you posted lol

I laughed so hard when i saw that this was all you posted lol
Glad you liked it, buddy. The good thing is that you won't have to pick up pieces XD

I can't wait for the new files, buddy. Keep doing to that top-knotch work!

Okay, so i decided to throw it in to pep to see how its looking and i came across a situation... it appears as if there are extra faces appearing in random places and i dont know how to get rid of them. Ive tried everything i can think of while editing the model and nothing ive tried can get rid of them.

Heres my example if your confused: The model is white on the outside and gray on the inside. You'll notice there are gray spots on the outside and large white spaces on the inside... any ideas?
Untitled2-3.png

And btw, this still isnt the final version, though its very close :)

What happens when you try to unfold it as is? Maybe Pepakura is just struggling to deal with all the faces?

Hey L3X, since you seem to be having trouble with the model in pepakura, send it my way if you want and let me see if I can fix it for ya. I think I may know what the problem is and may be able to fix it. Just PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address so you can e-mail me the file so you don't have to upload it or anything yet. :) Just make sure that the file is at least in .obj format. :p

Since I don't think we use the same modeling programs, I can't explain how to fix it, I just know what to do. XD

Okay, so i decided to throw it in to pep to see how its looking and i came across a situation... it appears as if there are extra faces appearing in random places and i dont know how to get rid of them. Ive tried everything i can think of while editing the model and nothing ive tried can get rid of them.

Heres my example if your confused: The model is white on the outside and gray on the inside. You'll notice there are gray spots on the outside and large white spaces on the inside... any ideas?
Untitled2-3.png

And btw, this still isnt the final version, though its very close :)

It could be several things but the most common are:
Faces that are reversed: (can be fixed in 3ds max with the "flip face" button)
Multiple faces overlaying on top of each other: Possible left over faces from before you you started altering the model
Faces that are welded to the wrong vertices in the model

I'm willing to look at it if you would like

Hey L3X, since you seem to be having trouble with the model in pepakura, send it my way if you want and let me see if I can fix it for ya. I think I may know what the problem is and may be able to fix it. Just PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address so you can e-mail me the file so you don't have to upload it or anything yet. :) Just make sure that the file is at least in .obj format. :p

Since I don't think we use the same modeling programs, I can't explain how to fix it, I just know what to do. XD

It could be several things but the most common are:
Faces that are reversed: (can be fixed in 3ds max with the "flip face" button)
Multiple faces overlaying on top of each other: Possible left over faces from before you you started altering the model
Faces that are welded to the wrong vertices in the model

I'm willing to look at it if you would like

Alright, so ive never come across this in any of my models before but ive discovered something about it. This only happens when i export it to .obj. So far the list of things ive tried are copying it to a new file and then exporting it, selecting everything and unhiding all geometry/ making all geometry viewable even when hidden and none of that came up with any extra geometry. When i export it in to 3ds it doesnt give me this problem. After ive completely finished the model which will probably be tomorrow since im moving today, ill send it to both of you and hopefully one of you will be able to figure it out. I really appreciate both of you of you offering too! :)

Heres the model from sketchup:
th_Untitled1.jpgth_Untitled2-4.jpgth_Untitled3-3.jpgth_Untitled4-2.jpgth_Untitled5.jpgth_Untitled6.jpgth_Untitled7.jpg

looks like some stray geometry. can't be sure without actually having the model, but If that's all it is it should be an easy fix.

th_Untitled4-2.jpg

L3X, you know I'm always willing to help out too. Shoot me an email or a PM if you would like it.

Any updates? :D
Yeah, I too am a bit curious to know where this model stands right now. NOT that I'm trying to rush you or anything, I'm just wondering how the model is coming. :)

There is another con in september that my husband just HAS to go to and I want him to dress up and I think I may want to use this torso for him. :p

Any updates? :D

Yeah, I too am a bit curious to know where this model stands right now. NOT that I'm trying to rush you or anything, I'm just wondering how the model is coming. :)

There is another con in september that my husband just HAS to go to and I want him to dress up and I think I may want to use this torso for him. :p

Im just waiting on a pm from someone and then ill be sending this out to a few of you to get it checked out. All i have left to do as of these pics is add a few more floating faces. :D

th_MaleTorsoV45.pngth_MaleTorsoV4-1.pngth_MaleTorsoV44.pngth_MaleTorsoV42-1.pngth_MaleTorsoV41-1.pngth_MaleTorsoV43.png

EIDT: Just got the PM back, and ill be updating shortly with some new pics that will make you really happy! :D
A special thanks goes out to Carpathiavh99 and Ruze789 for graciously allowing me to add some of their models to my torso file, making it EVEN BETTER! Behold...

MaleTorsoV46.png

Carpathiavh99's Armor Ability model and Ruze789's lower back plates perfectly scaled to the new torso file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back