Armor Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagtagVenom

Hey there, I’m trying to pool some Suggestions together for some much needed Updates to my suit.
Basically the only parts I’m absolutely happy with are my Helmet, my Torso, and my boots; everything else was done in a hurry to get Con-Ready and are basically just thrown together.
My question is; in your personal opinion, what are some of the easiest/simplest files to make;
-Forearms
-Shoulders
-Thighs
-Shin guards
-Butt Plate
I’m particularly looking for input on two different styles of Shoulder Armor, as I’m a big far of A-Symmetry, so I like having a bulky shoulder and a thin shoulder.
That being said though I’m also looking for more of the sleeker designs, so not tooooo bulky.
And lastly; where would a good spot be to attach the sheath to my knife, and is there a template for one out there?
(Also I’m mainly looking at Halo 4/5 styles)

When typing a post, next to the button "Post Reply" is one that says "Upload a File". Click that, find your picture and that will put it into a queue. Put the text cursor where you want it and then insert the photo as a thumbnail or full image.

When typing a post, next to the button "Post Reply" is one that says "Upload a File". Click that, find your picture and that will put it into a queue. Put the text cursor where you want it and then insert the photo as a thumbnail or full image.
Ah, this miiiight be why then; I don’t have a computer; I’ve doing this on my Phone

I use my phone primarily too. I think the mobile version and desktop version are identical in most ways. Only thing I've noticed is the mobile doesn't show the post number for each post.

Last edited:
This is the button you need :cool:

20180427_104025.jpg

Other than swapping out parts of your armour, do you plan on weathering it? Make the suit look dirty and scratched up can really change the look and feel of the suit.
Unless your original intention iz the new out of the box look.
Either way your suit is pretty sweet looking.
Just in my limited experience of foamsmithing, I found that thighs and shoulders tend to be a little easier to make.

Other than swapping out parts of your armour, do you plan on weathering it? Make the suit look dirty and scratched up can really change the look and feel of the suit.
Unless your original intention iz the new out of the box look.
Either way your suit is pretty sweet looking.
Just in my limited experience of foamsmithing, I found that thighs and shoulders tend to be a little easier to make.
I’m going for fresh, out of the box look; until I get natural wear and tear and THEN aim gonna try my best to weather it.
And I’m just trying to get a gauge for some of the easiest pieces to do; of course I’m not just going off of that criteria, but I’d prefer to not kill myself making these segment improvements

I’m thinking for one shoulder I might do Phil’s new Halo 4/5 Master Chief style shoulder armor, but I’d like to track down a good slim shoulder for my other side; and track down some sleek, easy forearms, and legs. And a good good spot for my knife sheath

We usually discourage any "what armor should I do?" threads. Since every armor should be personal and meaningful to you.

But, it seems you're asking more like what armors files are easy to get, small, and easy to make... only the people who have made them would be able to answer to that, so I wouldn't wait around for them. It will take some poking around. Check out the H4 permutations.
Or you can deck your H5 spartan out on Waypoint (My profile -> Service record -> Halo 5 -> Click Customize Spartan above your image).

Once you know what one you want to look for head to the armory. If you have trouble there just PM me. If it's not there then someone may be willing to unfold it for you here. Or you can look up how to unfold them yourself as most of the OBJ files are available in the armory.

Huh; That’s really neat! Ya know; for the longest time I’ve been wailing about wanting to mix and match pieces for each area individually like in 4; but I think if I do Hellcat for everything else, that shootouts be perfect for me!

I believe that they are paper files. usually only files labeled foam are foam, but if you wanted to make sure you could open them and see if peices are pulled out of the patern
Ah, I’m trying to but I’m on an iPhone; I can’t unzip the folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back