Blackula and Hypers ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperballistik

Hey everybody im making this thread basically for Blackula's ODST build but he is to lazy to start a thread, What he is doing is making a complete ODST suit in time for MegaCon in February 2012.

Im helping Blackula out by building some parts for the armor, one being the helmet, as he does not have an ODST helmet to go with the suit, I like building detailed helmets so I offered to build him one also I hope to build my own ODST set of armor also so we will be molding and casting alot of armor parts to speed things along, I also needed to make a build thread because it helps to keep my motivation going especially when building a helmet, I will post progress shots of the helmet as I go, I belive Blackula will also post updates in this same thread.

Here is pics of the helmet as it sits right now, sorry no pics of the paper stage (we see alot of those on here anyways and know what that looks like) It is Hughs ODST file, I looked thru alot of screen shots and Hughs seem to be closest to game accurate as in shape also it does not have alot of the detail stuff on when you pep it out, I prefer the pep file this way as I like to add details my way, hope you guys like it, let me know if you have any comments or advice
DSC05028.jpg

DSC05029.jpg

DSC05033.jpg

All of the pics above show just a smoothed helmet and I got most of the lines on the top cleaned up, I still have to carve lines in the front cheek area and do all the detail work but this is my blank canvas and now its time to add the details

lol thanks for the push buddy. Also, you know you wanted a suit too :)

Well, here is what I have so far towards the project (Hugh's Chest, Unfold by L3x) (Kirrou Shoulder W/Joint).

575260f3.jpg

c3d3a1c6.jpg

73bf42ba.jpg

Well, thats all I have now. I'll update as the build progresses. I'm not quite as fast as Hyper, but I'm doing my best. These parts still have some work but hopefully I can get this completed and molded ASAP.

Keep building 405!

Tony

wow, didnt see the helmet! those look really good! 5/5 i can tell that this is going to epic, and elite showcase worthy.

Thanks Roce, I appreciate the comment.

Update...lol

Yeah, so I threw this together tonight too.

aa4254e8.jpg

bc388af3.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Tony

Holy! Look 0o0 very nice. I love the helmet and you 2 sure make a good pair. ( for the armor making) ;)

The helmet looks great hyper! Tony, the chest piece is coming along nicely. Are you still using parts from Sean's kit for your build?

Holy! Look 0o0 very nice. I love the helmet and you 2 sure make a good pair. ( for the armor making) ;)

Lol, Thanks Sandy!

The helmet looks great hyper! Tony, the chest piece is coming along nicely. Are you still using parts from Sean's kit for your build?

There is a good chance that I'll be using certain parts from the Bradley suit for Megacon, but I am trying to get the complete suit finished with the help of Hyper. It's funny, I had no intentions of building the complete suit from pep, but once I got into this (Hyper forced me, I think he wants to do a fan film - staring himself called Halo: PuddleJumper...lol), I kind got the bug to do it. Anyways thanks for the comments vshore. I may be contacting you by the way...lol

Be good buddy,

Tony

There is a good chance that I'll be using certain parts from the Bradley suit for Megacon, but I am trying to get the complete suit finished with the help of Hyper. It's funny, I had no intentions of building the complete suit from pep, but once I got into this (Hyper forced me, I think he wants to do a fan film - staring himself called Halo: PuddleJumper...lol), I kind got the bug to do it. Anyways thanks for the comments vshore. I may be contacting you by the way...lol

Be good buddy,

Tony

I think im going to have to pass up the offer to star in a film called Puddle Jumpers, I just can't do it man lol

And everybody else thanks for the comments so far but please be honest, When I build a helmet the comments let me know if im missing something or need to improve something

Anyways thanks for the comments vshore. I may be contacting you by the way...lol

Be good buddy,

Tony
Okey dokey.:)
And everybody else thanks for the comments so far but please be honest, When I build a helmet the comments let me know if im missing something or need to improve something
Fine then. The helmet is ugly and you need to send it to me for proper disposal and start over.
(jk. You know i'm only kidding about it being ugly. However, the other part....not so much!):)

Slight update,

Got bored and banged out these side plates last night (File/unfold by Hugh Holder), They still need to be finished, but not much work needs to be done on them.

6ce296c7.jpg

9f28c0c0.jpg

660dfec7.jpg

c186a585.jpg

During lunch today...lol

180bb211.jpg

Anyways, more to come, plan on building the Hughs Gauntlets this weekend.

Dagum, you did get busy with it. :)

Lol, thanks Vshore.

Another slight update. Well, maybe, I may repep these as I had a slight debacle towards the top. I'm going to pep the other Gauntlet first and see if the first looks to wonky vs the new one. Let me know what you think.

Heres a little scale comparison (yes, I know the mirror needs a cleaning)

df4451f5.jpg

e48ae80e.jpg

adb38ead.jpg

e0efc454.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Tony

Im not even going to ask what exactly that is on the mirror LOL

Lol, I'm not at my house and its my kids bathroom at their mothers. who knows? My daughter likes to act like she's cleaning by grabbing toilet paper wetting it in the sink and then wipes the counters down leaving white paper bits everywhere, it drives me bonkers when I catch her. She's 6.

Anyhoo, have you built anything lately...lol, JK

the build looks good... i got scared of hughs files because you had to piece them together, and that sounds tough to get them all in line...

but to steal you question to Hyper, i am in progress of some foam Gondorian Armor. i will be makeing a thread when i am farther in the build.

And yet another Epic build, I'll be watching to see how high you raise the bar on this one.

Blackula and Hyper? This can mean only one thing......

One of the greatest ODST's of all time!!!!!!!!

Seriously it is really cool when two awesome armor makers come together to make a suit!!

the build looks good... i got scared of hughs files because you had to piece them together, and that sounds tough to get them all in line...

but to steal you question to Hyper, i am in progress of some foam Gondorian Armor. i will be makeing a thread when i am farther in the build.

Lol...True, thats why Hyper did the helm. Also, good luck on your build and the subsequent thread, look forward to watching the progress

And yet another Epic build, I'll be watching to see how high you raise the bar on this one.

Thanks thorn, Hopefully Hyper and I can do the suit justice. With Hypers attention to detail, I'm sure his parts will look great. I just hope I can keep up. Thanks again!

Blackula and Hyper? This can mean only one thing......

One of the greatest ODST's of all time!!!!!!!!

Seriously it is really cool when two awesome armor makers come together to make a suit!!

Much appreciate Rhinoc, hopefully we can do a good job. I know the ODST has been done before, but I really like the armor and I'm hoping it turns out good.

Thanks for the comments everyone and thanks for viewing our thread.

Well, here is yet another update. THe question is did you all get your tickets?

........for what you ask, well, the Gun Show of course...lol.

e5323ae1.jpg

Left & right gauntlet pepped, again, may redo the first if I can't get it to look decent when I harden them.

2f7535f3.jpg

8b8e61de.jpg

45dfb421.jpg

Well, i went to the Walmart today, to snag some spot putty and I found these beauties...lol

5477649d.jpg

They will either be used for my suit, or used for when I pep...lol. I feel all recon on them:)

Anyways, thanks again for viewing guys and keep building 405!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back