But where do they all come from?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loochboy

Hello everyone,
I must say, there are some amazing costumes on this site-kudos for everyone who has put out this incredible effort! My question is this: How do you get the pep files in the first place? Forgive my ignorance, but is there a machine where you toss an action figure in, and it flattens it for you? Is there a monastery in the Himalayas doing this? How do I take an armour figure from a comic or movie and convert it to a pep file? Hopefully, these questions aren't too dumb-thanks for listening!

3d programs and modeling. they take reference pics and make a 3d model on the computer and convert it to a pepakura file so we can build them as paper models

You know the newbie would probably be better off with the link right?

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/

He's asking where the Pep files come from, not where the program comes from.

Like matth101 said, individuals will find reference photos, and use those in a 3D modeling program to create a 3D model of the piece that can be opened in Pepakura. It is not necessarily a quick or easy process. And that's not all. Once the file is opened, it has to be unfolded correctly so that the piece is as easy to assemble as possible. Again, this is best done by hand, and is not a quick process.

This is why us builders tend to have great respect for the modelers and unfolders; they put in a lot of time in effort for us!

Or he could have said that. Hopefully newbie likes to read large amounts of boring, dead threads, and stickies.

3d programs and modeling. they take reference pics and make a 3d model on the computer and convert it to a pepakura file so we can build them as paper models

Or he could have said that. Hopefully newbie likes to read large amounts of boring, dead threads, and stickies.

He did basically say that....

Tbh I think it's nice to see new peeps on here. Not yet come across a boring thread on the site myself, it's intriguing to see what everyone makes, from Newbs to Elites, everyone has their own take.

He did basically say that....

Tbh I think it's nice to see new peeps on here. Not yet come across a boring thread on the site myself, it's intriguing to see what everyone makes, from Newbs to Elites, everyone has their own take.

Exactly. I created my account a month after actually finding this site! I was so intrigued by it I forgot to make an account :p I then wanted to help out so I made an account :D

Also to make the pdo file you get a 3D modeling program like blender or skethup then upload it to pepakura designer. Then when you do that you unfold it.

Wow, I try to answer a simple question and I end up a bad guy? He mentioned Pep, implying he already knew what Pepakura was. If he said "what is pep", or "where can i get pepakura" or where he could get a 3d modeling program, i would have answered the question in a different way with a link....

Most of the tutorials have corrupted pictures and paragraphs.

I think that's why ALmost all the new members are so: dude WTF man what do I haz to do to get the armor done.

Just my opinion of the situatuion.

Also like everyone on this thread has said before me: Modelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back