California Halo Costuming Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, just giving you all a small update.

I'm starting to update the little image gallery of props and whatnot over on the FB page, so if you have a prop or costume you'd like showcased on there and don't see it up already, or have an updated version to put up, please leave a message here, on the FB page, or e-mail me directly at yuan.daniel (at) gmail.com

hey guys, i will also be attending wonder con this year.

Name: Miguel

Xbox live Gamer tag: psychomike66

Completed costumes/projects: Halo Reach ODST Spartan

WIP's: Dead space 2 security suit

Hey guys.

I'm uploading a few new costumes onto our photo gallery right now. Again, if you have props you'd like showcased, please let me know here.

RoxyRoo from Arizona wanted to extend an invite to any members interested in attending Phoenix Comic Con. It takes Memorial Day weekend in...wait for it...Phoenix, AZ!

I will be unable to attend due to commitments to Fanime in San Jose. However, if anyone wants to go, I can help facilitate the details.

That being said, with Memorial day coming up, is anyone planning to attend Fanime?

I may, but if I do it will not be with any more than a helmet, school eats up too much free time... so it might be better to go without it lest I look janky!

Name: Dylan

XBox Live Gamertag: xSURR3NDERx

Completed Costumes: I finished a whole suit a while back but decided to scrap it and start over so no pic so far

WIP Costumes: Mark V helmet and a full Mark VI suit

About me: I'm a student. Also a DJ/producer of electro house music. Really into cars and graphic design too.

Just added myself onto the map. And look for my WIP in the next month or so, i'm definitely pasting the emblem somewhere on the suit

I'm planning on going to the Midnight release of Halo 4 at the Santa Clara Microsoft store with some friends, maybe we could meet up then? (all armored up of course)

Woah, another Santa Clara county halo-er? I'm going to try my darndest to get my red mkV done by November.

Sorry not going to Fanime, but I am going to the BigWow! Comic Fest the week before and it's at the same place XD

Sorry for thread bumping, i hope i can still join...

Name: Michael Vasquez

XBox Live Gamertag: ASSTASSTICMKO

Completed Costumes:none..YET

WIP Costumes: Mark IV helmet, CQB helmet, Mark IV armor

IMAG1204-2.jpg

IMAG1205-2.jpg

just a comparison between the helmets:
IMAG0131-1.jpg

IMAG0132-1.jpg

Just finished the Mark VI today just need to get it resined and fiberglassed.

My armor is almost done, I started work on it in June and have plans to test fit on Halloween and wear to HALO 4 Midnight release and start going to conventions.

About me: I came across the 405th after watching a video by backyardFX video on halo armor and it got me wanting to make one. I have lurked on here for some time and read alot of tutorials and looked at completed armor and it kept pushing me to finish mine. I am a fan of this cartoon called Winx Club and i like the faires in it (YES FAIRIES, I REGRET NOTHING). I Have been a fan of halo since it came out and I just love the armor and guns.

Name: PJ Reindel

XBox Live Gamertag: Don't have one, I usually watch my kids play campaign more than I get to play myself

Completed Costumes: Unfortunatly, I don't have any pix of my Halo stuff right now, it's all torn apart and being upgraded, upsized or rebuilt. I recently purchased a foam CE Chief set in need of TLC. I can show you my Mandalorian costumed from the Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club.

The character is Hondo Karr from Star Wars Legacy #41:
285772_542449395770763_1147047886_n.jpg

WIP Costumes: I will hopefully be starting a thread here soon in the newb forum

About me: I've lurked the 405th boards for awhile, I've always wanted to do a Halo build but, never thought I had the time. Over the Christmas/New Year's span, I acquired a set of CE foam Chief armor. It needed some upgrading and upsizing to look it's best and fit me right so, I am in the process of that. Kinda going a custom route with it. I have been a costumer for 6 years. I was the Personnel Officer for the Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club for 5 years before stepping down at the first of this year. All of my experience is in the Star Wars realm. So, learning a new genre and new materials is kinda a breath of fresh air for me. But, I bring some skills and idea that may be applicable here. I'm a big guy... about 6'6" in real life. Ive added some lifts to the boots on my WIP and fully suited I should be just about 7'00"!

I look forward to being a part of the community, learning and helping if I can. Hopefully I can meet up with some of ya'll at an event sometime.

I plan to "test drive" my kit at Wonder Con in Anaheim in March, along with 3 buddies in their kits and my 3 boys will be in ODST's!

Hey, I hope I can meet up with some of you guys this year at SD Comic con. California is a long ways from home.

Nick Barella

San Francisco

i have not finished a suit yet, I have started some things but lost interest. some friends and i are building costumes for comic-con, hope we can start some kind of build time, pepping in groups is fun.

Name: Joey or Jo. Though I respond to kiffren verbally as well.
Location: Encinitas, CA on the weekends, Santa Barbara on the weekdays
XBox Live Gamertag: kiffren (only have halo 4 with me at college)
Completed Costumes: Nothing Halo yet. I do have a set of Mandalorian armor (like Falin above me. I really am stalking him now I guess. And yes, I'm going to keep calling you Falin :p)
Image link of mando armor
WIP Costumes: In the star wars universe I'm working on a tusken raider and upgrading my current mando armor. I haven't yet started my halo kit.
About me: I'm 19 and a physics student. I do a lot of writing and reading, and I'm decent with my hands.

I'd be very interested in meeting with some of the other people in san diego. Getting a chance to look at your completed armor would be fantastic, and I'm sure you all have wonderful information on what not to do.

About me: I am 19 and an animation student who has no real completed costume yet but I have a mostly completed Mandalorian and a H3 Hayabusa helmet and I am a regular attendee at SDCC every year

Name: Vincent Kim. Vince or Vinny is fine.
Location: Currently Loma Linda, CA (right next to Redlands and San Bernandino). I hang out in LA/Orange County a lot.
XBox Live Gamertag: I sold my Xbox a long time ago, but I am actually debating on picking up Xbox One.
Completed Costumes: Nothing Halo yet. I have done a Big Boss (Solid Snake MGS3) back in like 2005 I think it was.
WIP Costumes: UNSC Trooper (making two sets, one for my wife and I)
About me: I am a 24 years old. I am currently deployed overseas. I have worked in and played in the airsoft industry for the last 10 years. I am some what mechanically inclined, more so when it comes to airsoft guns. I enjoy working on things that are firearms related (real and make believe). I would like to meet others that are into the cosplay universe because it has died out for some of my friends now.

NAME: Dylan Rainer
Location: Moreno Valley (Riverside County/ Southern Ca.) Gamertag: FlusherCape26
Complete Customs: ODST in progess
About Me: Im a JROTC Cadet Im 16 I shot real guns and I'm planning on making a halo fan film soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back