California Halo Costuming Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roodkill said:
damn, I've been gone awhile. Sorry. But hey, I'm back (again) and this time I'll check in often. Good news, I have 7 sets of ODST armor. Yes, 7.

and I have pictures that I'll take of us later this weekend. More so, I have a big surprise I've been working on that's now done. A working, Nerf turret. I'll show later.... now bad news, several things like to come in short waves that hit you hard, sometimes indirectly and others right in your face. I'm doing much better and I'm glad I haven't caught swine flu...yet. It's widespread except MA, and Vermont. So be happy, don't worry, and Hello, 405th.

Roodkill-

p.s, human flood costume is 60% finished.

Welcome back Roodkill. Can't wait to see those odst's! On a side note, alright, I've finally finished my scratch ODST for halo-ween. You can find more pics in my thread here http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22287

California Group, Spartan 270 ready to drop!

4045586762_4475f7d638_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Alex

XBox Live Gamertag: Alex spartan177

Completed Costumes: I have not finished any costumes. sowwy :[

WIP Costumes: I am planning in making a ODST WETA costume

About me: I am a very cool guy, I am very chill and sometimes lazy, but when i need to work i do it inmideatly. I learn easily, so if you want me to do something I dont know how just teach me and i will learn. I dont have special skills in making costumes but i think im very good at pepping

======

Name: Nate

XBox Live Gamertag: Bobo_The_Pandax (changing soon)

Completed Costumes: Haven't finished anything.

WIP Costumes: Going to make either a Mickey ODST or Marine, probably marine because I have a deadline for Wondercon 2010

About me: I am chill, crazy, funny(I wish), and I love video games. I play Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, COD 4(and MW2 when it comes out), Skate 2, MX vs ATV,and can't stop playing Fallout 3 and Champions online on the computer.

Why do I want to join?: I would like to be able to go to a Con and not be the only 405th member, plus, it's always better to now that if you are really stuck on something that needs personal, direct help you have members near you to help.

Name: J

XBox Live Gamertag: None

Completed Costumes: Spartan in progress

About me: I am a firefighter I have a thing for making costumes now (thank you 405th)

I love it but my wife doesn't sometimes haha. Will update my Spartan progress on Friday 6th of Oct

this definetly sounds like a good idea. count me in.

name: james hill

gamertag: anubis117x

completed work : one master chief suit

[attachment=13394:jjjoj.jpg]

w.i.p. : one hunter suit

[attachment=13395:pICT0024.JPG]

about me: im a new member to the 405th starting out small but dreaming big and looking for others in this erea to work with, share ideas and of course do cool stuff in the armor we build.

Hey hey, welcome new members! Just wanted to say that the recent Halo Waypoint features

some of the members from the 405th and that I have yet to see any ODSTs....why???

Congratulations to those who made it, we should be seeing up dates with new members on

Halo WP as it progresses I hope.

In other news, I'm seeing a lot of San Diego members in our CA regiment. Are there

any takers for a possible fan movie?

( I have yet to see any footage from what I think is the 3 films that were being made? )

I have the material and the man power, just need extras and costuming.

who's in?

P.s I'll have flood images up in a little while, I've just been lazy.

comic-con 2009 my first year going and the best experiance of my life. he even inter viewed me for part of a costume montage.

Bobo The PandaX said:
Meh is no one near San Fran?

Dan is near San Jose every once in a while, pertaining to his duties in the reserve, i believe. but, we can make the journey to spend time with other CA HCG people. see, the acronym is already being used....well, once, that is. but keep it going. it sounds more official that way.

Movie is being filmed in 2 weeks. armors are on a marathon completion schedule.

nice, so there is a movie idea that will be started at least?

All I've seen are "yes, soon, possibly, I don't know, that'd be cool"

and suddently it's off the face of the earth. I've got a group of 6 who'd

be willing to offer their armor for a film, but it's a matter of location first.

Mean time, I'm still lazy and haven't taken photos of the flood costume.

(friggin' A)

but I'll make time to do so soon.

Roodkill out-

Thanks for the info Olaf. You guys are so lucky to be in so cal.....perfect dirtbiking/airsoft weather, lots of dirtbike tracks and airsoft fields, store for those, Hollywood, guitar center(the ones down there are beast), and a pretty high member base down there.

Roodkill said:
nice, so there is a movie idea that will be started at least?

All I've seen are "yes, soon, possibly, I don't know, that'd be cool"

and suddently it's off the face of the earth. I've got a group of 6 who'd

be willing to offer their armor for a film, but it's a matter of location first.

Mean time, I'm still lazy and haven't taken photos of the flood costume.

(friggin' A)

but I'll make time to do so soon.

Roodkill out-

I would love to be in the movie but I havent finished my costume and Im also working on a mongoose.

So PM when you are gonna start filming.

Hey everyone, I'm new here, and I was directed here by one of the moderators to ask a question.

I live in California too, near San Mateo, and I was wondering what retailers sell aqua resin and heavyweight cardstock. I can't find it anywhere. Thanks for any help that can be offered.

hey tsabo just like you i just joined after watching the indy mogul video. i found the cardstock at walmart for about 5 bucks, and ive been told Osh has the resin though i havnt finished pepping my helmet yet so i havnt picked any up.

and i live in the Bay Area btw.

Good, We have new members.

First Welcome to the 405th :D

Guys I have some tips for you so you dont start posting question threads, because members are gonna bombard you with "read the stickies" quote.

First like I said read all the stickies they are packed with info. The stickies are normally the first threads and say sticky on the title xD

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE.....

Have fun in your builds!!!!

If you need any help just hit me with a PM.

110 lb card - staples/office depot (walmart is rare, i know)

Resin - Lowes, Home Depot, OSH, etc. (same for bondo products btw). I usually try to make the trek out to walmart for that stuff, but you don't really need to.

I'd love to join this if I may.

Name: Lyle Kimble

XBox Live Gamertag: Rockthewarrior

Completed Costumes: I haven't finished anything yet...

WIP Costumes: But I am working on my Mk VI along with a Bruteshot.

About me: I saw a friend from Nor Cal working on a suit, he had pics on Facebook so I asked him a few questions and got to work. I am currently finishing up my bachelor's at CSUSB. Besides that not too much of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back