Carpathia's Carter Build (picture heavy!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got something really nice in the mail today...

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

DSC04172.jpg

Woo Hoo!!

DSC04173.jpg

I'm going to get it installed this weekend, hopefully. On top of this, I also finished this...

DSC04168.jpg

I also finished hardening my shins and got my new gauntlets resined. I've also started work on a new torso, since I've determined that the second one was also too big. This time I went with Rundown's pep and I think I finally got the size right. It's pepped and mostly resined. I'll attempt to harden it this weekend, and the way I build it, I'll need very little bondo for detailing, so I didn't waste much time. Anyway, more to come.

Holy crap, man. You've got this beautiful set of armour in just over a month for the release date, and I'm struggling to get a pistol.

This is a real inspiration, and I hope that someday, I'll be able to make something this good. :D

I got something really nice in the mail today...

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

DSC04172.jpg

Woo Hoo!!

DSC04173.jpg

I'm going to get it installed this weekend, hopefully. On top of this, I also finished this...

DSC04168.jpg

I also finished hardening my shins and got my new gauntlets resined. I've also started work on a new torso, since I've determined that the second one was also too big. This time I went with Rundown's pep and I think I finally got the size right. It's pepped and mostly resined. I'll attempt to harden it this weekend, and the way I build it, I'll need very little bondo for detailing, so I didn't waste much time. Anyway, more to come.

Awesome pistol. I just got the paint fot mone and some more bondo, so I should have pictures up tonight.
Also, what face shield is that, normal or EC?
Oh and I put clear coat on after the paint right?

Its awsome, i can't wait for pictures with visor and your gun is really good, is it from wood?
Actually, the pistol is a pep project. My M6X pistol, check out my signature for the link to the thread.

looking pretty awesome! :D
any ideas on how your going to fit your visor?

nat
I've pretty well got that figured out. I'm attaching it with small bolts, the heads of which will be painted flat black so they are not very noticable. I can't remember who, but someone did that with thier ODST helmet visor and it looked pretty good, plus, that means the visor will be removable in case it needs cleaning or for whatever.

Also, what face shield is that, normal or EC?
Oh and I put clear coat on after the paint right?
Yes, the clear coat goes on after the paint, it should be the very last thing you put on the helmet.

hey! first off, your armour is pure awesomeness!! secondly, where did you get the visor from?

The visor I ordered from a seller on Ebay. It's not an acution sale, so it will be up for some time. Here's the link to that...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M2R-...QQitemZ360242456210QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

The visor was super cheap (the cheapest I could find) and the seller has a lot of other good merchandise. I also bought a motorcycle helmet breath deflector from him, which should cut down on the fogging of my visor.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was an awesome update carpathia! Can't wait to see the next one. Question, are you planning on molding any of your parts?

No plans on that for now, mainly because I don't think they're quite good enough for that since this is a bit of a rush project.

Does the size of the visor ever cause a problem with the size of one's helmet because I'm guessing there will be excess visor that is just covered up and not being a perfect fit within the helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back