CEREAL'S - Making Master Chief - ** A Step By Step Tutorial (My Way) **

Status
Not open for further replies.
New favorite thread! I've been working with bondo for the better part of three years, and never had it occurred to me to shape it and work it while it was still setting. Love it! It's also great to see how some of your detail work is built up. I can't wait to see the rest of these vids! Thank you so much for this!

Well man, as posted on your video on youtube, another excellent video. I'm learning so much, thanks so much again

Will all of the videos eventually be in a single post, or does the forum limit the number of video links per post? It'd be a shame to see the videos spread out amongst 30 pages of "I like the video" replies, as not only do noobs hate reading, they also hate looking past the first page.

Lol I know what you mean. That is the reson why I will be making my foam tutorials. Well one of um.

Yeah...
So.. when are those video's coming??
C'mon man! I wanna learn some foam techniques! ;)

New favorite thread! I've been working with bondo for the better part of three years, and never had it occurred to me to shape it and work it while it was still setting. Love it! It's also great to see how some of your detail work is built up. I can't wait to see the rest of these vids! Thank you so much for this!

Lol, Glad I helped you learn a new skill...
Don't know if it's an actual skill though... I don't think I've actually every seen anyone before me work with "un-cured bondo", using it to implement details and layers!

Hrm... Hey... I should coin the process!! Since I'm the first to use it!!! :)
Maybe I'll call it.... "CEREAL SCULPTING" :)
Mmmm... I like that!

Here it is in an example sentence: "That will be a hard detail to implement because of it's shape and size.... I'd CEREAL SCULPT it if I were you!"

Yes... I like it!

Well man, as posted on your video on youtube, another excellent video. I'm learning so much, thanks so much again

Glad I can be of some help man!

Will all of the videos eventually be in a single post, or does the forum limit the number of video links per post? It'd be a shame to see the videos spread out amongst 30 pages of "I like the video" replies, as not only do noobs hate reading, they also hate looking past the first page.

...?
Uh... are they not all available in Post # 001? :rolleyes
I'm pretty sure there is a list of links, they are all there 1-5. I will be adding to it with each new video that is added to this thread. :)

Noobs just need to pay attention for more than 12 seconds!!! lol ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant the in-line videos, not just the text links. Paying attention, just not being clear enough.

I am gunna jump in here. I think what Katsu is trying to ask is is there a limit on how many embedded videos you can insert in one post.

Katsu, cereal is putting them all on the first post on page one but they will also be spread across the thread as well. Basically he is posting updates as the thread grows but is making sure he links the vids on the first pages as well.

As for your question personally I'm not sure if there is a limit on how many embedded vids you can have on one post but I guess if there was Cereal could just change it to a list of text links instead. That's what some one did on BenStreepers vid thread. Shame he didn't moved the list to the first page for the impatient noobs that Cereal mentioned is I am sure alot of them would have benefitted from it. Ah well their loss.

Hopefully this has cleared up what I think has been some misunderstanding.

Tom.

Ahhh, just because there are four in-line videos on the first page, and the fifth is on the second page. I just get the feeling some noobs will be too hassled to click links, and want the videos all sitting on the front page ready to view. We can't coddle them too much, but I always like to avoid people spamming with questions on where stuff is. It's no big deal, just a random, passing musing.

Ok I see what's happened. Katsu check page one mate.

Cereal maybe add to the thread title "full list on page 1" for those that don't go to the start of your thread and assume they are scattered across it.

Tom.

P.S. You must have missed it but my glue gun died last week hence no tutorials. Been waiting for my new special one with infrared, ultrasonic, laser guided systems :p. It's arrived now but it's a case of finding time to film them as got lots of wedding shoots on atm plus my full time job too and ofc the baby.

No, I got that the list is there, I meant the embedded in-line videos. My question was just about whether they can all be put in a single post as embedded videos or not. This is getting out of hand, so I'll just say nevermind!

Ok, I'll jump in now!

You are both right! Lol ;)
My original intension was to add the list of videos to the first post as "enbedded videos" as the normal updates are.

However... There is indeed a limit per post!
I have hit this limit already with images. The image per post limit is around 14~15. Thus, I will assume the enbedded video limit is the same, or likely less. Hence the reason that I went with hyperlinks instead.

Here's hoping that there is not a similar limit with hyperlinks as well!
If I do encounter such a limit, at that point I will speak with the powers that be, and figure something out!

Sorry for the confusion all! :(
Hope this clears everything up! :cool

Dave/Cereal.

lol glad thats all cleared up :)
Hopefully you should be ok with the hyperlinks as I think BenStreepers list is something like 20 vids long. If you end up making that many videos then I don't see why any one would to look any further on how to become a master builder :)

Hrm... Hey... I should coin the process!! Since I'm the first to use it!!! :)
Maybe I'll call it.... "CEREAL SCULPTING" :)
Mmmm... I like that!

Here it is in an example sentence: "That will be a hard detail to implement because of it's shape and size.... I'd CEREAL SCULPT it if I were you!"

Yes... I like it!

Noobs just need to pay attention for more than 12 seconds!!! lol ;)

XD heck yeah thats awesome! Im totally going to call it cereal sculpting now lol

yeah, its not hard to read stuff. they are just impatient lol

Thanks so much cereal, this really puts everything into perspective and gives awesome insight to the new guys like me. Can wait for the battle damage vid

I watched that the moment you posted it to youtube, and I gotta say, it wasn't quite what I was expecting. I had thought you'd do the straps like everyone else, but man was I surprised! I love it, and thank you for the idea. Now I wish I had waited to cut my MkV chest so I could make it more like this! I can't wait for you next vid or two to see how you do that battle damage, though!

I watched that the moment you posted it to youtube, and I gotta say, it wasn't quite what I was expecting. I had thought you'd do the straps like everyone else, but man was I surprised! I love it, and thank you for the idea. Now I wish I had waited to cut my MkV chest so I could make it more like this! I can't wait for you next vid or two to see how you do that battle damage, though!

I approaced the design of the chest as I do with everything else, always having function in mind! The first thing I did after seperating the front and back chest was put it on! Not for the usual reason of wanting to see how it looked, butwith the intension of figuring out how everything would work. Very quickly, I realized that strapping and clips were NOT an option as there would be no way for me to reach in and unclip them! Hence necessity being the mother of invention... Magnets were the way I would go!

As far as the straps, same deal... Always thinking about "what if". What if the magnets fail? What if I trip a bit? Im guilty of thinking a situation to death! This is one of the times though, Im glad that I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back