chest piece with scratches (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK got a little done. here is where i am at now:

0911001406.jpg

did anyone else have to do some serious trimming to get the boot to fit let alone to just be able to your foot in the darn thing?

looking good there!
yeah i think everyone has to trim the bottom, some people remove the bottom back part and attach it with velcro or magnets.
i know i had to trim and ive only got little feet ahaha :D

thanks Nat. that makes me feel better. figured i had screwed it up.. lol. OK made some progress today. tomorrow going to be a long day. hope to have the lower body ready for paint. might make it by reach but not pressing my luck. here is where i stand now:

DSCN1553.jpg

and one of me and the son fooling around just for fun.

0911002044.jpg

ok had to have some type of gun to carry.. can't just walk around gotta defend myself.. lol.. needless to say got it done. will work or a rifle later but have to get the armor done.

0912001801.jpg

Thanks, I got what I was looking for!

???

ok got one leg partially painted will be striping it up tomorrow. was thinking, when i go somewhere it would be nice to be able to carry some of my things with me.. (phone, money, ect.) so i was thinking of making an attachment for my leg that i could keep some important things in. think i will play with that tomorrow while paint dries.

OK played with the idea today. decided on a leg attachment to be able to carry small important things. here is what i came up with:

0915001759.jpg

0915001939.jpg

0916001100.jpg

0917001744.jpg

0917001744a.jpg

0917001745.jpg

i think i need to run the gold accent stripes all the way to the top to even it out. all i have left to do is run some strapping and Velcro to hold it closed.

also while i was at it i got to thinking about my gun. really didn't want to have to carry it in my hand the whole time in case i needed both for something. i also made a hostler:

0917001748.jpg

0917001748a.jpg

0917001749.jpg

have to put a strap and Velcro on it to hold the gun in. thinking of butting a snap button on it to make it a little more secure so i don't brush up against something and it fall out. figure it out when i get back to it. first 2 coats of paint dry time to stripe what i have done out. back at it I had my break.

Nice work!

I've also thought about where to keep all the stuff I usually carry around, but besides actual pouches on a belt (like on the Mjolnir Mark V) I haven't come up with anything good for the exterior yet. So my thought was to hide a little pouch away somewhere on the inside of the chestplate. That wouldn't be very spacious, but a better place to store a key than inside my boots :)

(And you may also find it interesting that I have the exact same stand for my soldering iron!)

thanks ventrue and yogi-ben. yea that stand is handy isn't it. this is my first build so i wanted it to be different (me). my next one is going to be true to form (cannon) armor. this one is the learning and have fun know i with it one.

one more day of vacation left and did not get as far as i wanted. i did get one leg almost done today. tomorrow i hope to have half the other leg done. i still have to pep one shin, one boot and the hand pieces. and for some reason i am avoiding the cod piece. for some reason i am dreading working on that. (could be that i know i have allot of bondo and sanding to do, warped the heck out of part of it i have to fix.) but at any rate here is where i stand.

right leg:

DSCN1571.jpg

Holster:

DSCN1570.jpg

total:

DSCN1569.jpg

still have to finish painting the boot and mount.

These scratches looks awesome man.

I hope that my details look also as accurate as your's
You did a gread job, keep on working we wanna have more Pics :D

You're chest looks like it would actually fit me. What were the sizes you scaled it to? And what file is it?
By the way, the idea for the extra carry case is great. For anyone who has had to spend time out and about in a full suit for a few hours, being able to store your id and creds, and get to it easily, is a huge thing.

You're chest looks like it would actually fit me. What were the sizes you scaled it to? And what file is it?
By the way, the idea for the extra carry case is great. For anyone who has had to spend time out and about in a full suit for a few hours, being able to store your id and creds, and get to it easily, is a huge thing.

i am at work right now.. (don't tell anyone) i will hit you up with the size of my chest piece. i am 6'4" if that helps any. but once i get home in the morning i will get on my computer at home and pm you the size and the file.

HOLEE SNOT! Dude, when you started the paint job did you realize how labor intensive it would be. Nice zebra stripe. It looks like you're avoiding a repetitve pattern. NICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back