ColFork85 1st Build - Agent Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true!

Pepped the right bicep, working on the left now. I want to get as much of the pep work done before I start the resin/rondo/fiberglass/bondo process, so I can just get that step done. Also fighting the clock as far as the weather is concerned, so far it's been Indian Summer, nice and warm, but as I said, I want to get more pep work done before I get to that. I can always build a heat box, it's just finding a ventilated place to work that's the trick.

Anywho, picture time.

You are working pretty fast and i dont see any mistakes so far.... but these biceps parts can be damn annyoing when resined ( warping is pretty sure even the hd with the straps ) so please be aware of the resin coats u use ! better less than more !

Yeah, just handling them as is I'm having to be careful, and it's the SD version.

I think I'm going to officially dub my build, "Agent Michigan". Since that agent is never mentioned in any way in Red vs. Blue, and there was an agent for every state(except Florida. Poor Florida.), it'll allow me to create one without the need for accuracy to the series, while still being related to it at the same time.

Bad news, shoulder/bicep piece is too small for me. I won't throw it away, because I'm sure I know someone that will want a suit of armor that's a smaller build than I. Off to rebuild.

if you have a look in the creations section there is a sticky by halogoddess, she has made the best sizing section i have seen, it will help to make sure the small bicep doesn't happen again :p

if you have a look in the creations section there is a sticky by halogoddess, she has made the best sizing section i have seen, it will help to make sure the small bicep doesn't happen again :p

Funny you mention that, as I did use it, I just messed it up, LOL. It worked well for my helm though!

worked for my second, the first one i made i had to cut off so much to get the bloody thing on, i try to add a half inch to the measurements i need because i found that when you resin and glass it there is a little bit of shrinkage

I know it's a bump, with no progress, but I haven't given up on this. Just had alot going on with work and whatnot.

Semi-Update:

I've decided, that for this build, instead of FibGla Mk. VI armor to go with my FibGla Mk. V helmet, I'm going to make foam Reach armor, with H4 foam boots(unless someone knows of some Mk. VI foam boot templates, or slightly more detailed Reach ones). I got the foam template for the reach boots, but they're, well, too basic.

How far will 80 square feet of eva foam get me? I need to make sure I have enough for my armor, and a set for a coworker who wants to make a set as well.

Real progress. Not alot, but actual progress s being made. I feel kinda stupid for realizing that I'll be able to hold on to the templates to make new pieces as needed using foam. I printed out, cut out, and was able to trace one forearm piece in only a couple hours. Big thanks to DBMike for answering some questions.

Apologies for the fuzzy pic.

I also grabbed a Nerf Recon to convert to an AR.

I appreciate that, however, it looks better in the pic than in person. I think I might be able to salvage it, but it's not going to be as good as it could've been. However, it provided a learning experience for me, and the next one should turn out better.

WooWhoo! I'll be re-posting my progress from the last 3 months, but it's good to be back.

Indeed. I just need to go back over my subs and stuff. Thank you for the hard work you and your team put into this place!

Made progress, and shifted my focus to some helmets, two extras for me, one for a friend who's building armor and one for a family member. My personal helmets consist of the Mk.V, Concept Commando and E.O.D.(not pictured, not started). The Mk.VI is still WIP at this time. Also remade the forearms, and have some bicep and shoulder pieces.

null_zpsd9a94691.jpg

null_zpsdbd631d1.jpg

null_zpsbab04e2c.jpg

null_zps3207d7b9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back