Cortana Data Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to know that someone will actually find this useful. :)

I saw that quite a few people already downloaded it too! If anyone successfully builds it, I would like to see it. :) Just post your creations here in this thread. I would like to know how it turns out for others. :)

I finished one...took a few creative liberties on it, partially since i needed to make it bigger, but its now a fully functional flash drive.
halo__cortana___a_i__chip___usb_by_crimsonstrife-d30qb7j.jpg

Looks cool but for the actual flash drive you might want to look at a sony micro vault. They are paper thin. Atleast the old generation were. And they would be perfect for this kind of project.

I just looked at those online per your suggestion, however they seem no smaller than the one i used, the actual size of the drive isnt really a facter though since i took off the shell to begin with.

Edit: i did find the Sony Micro Vault Tiny USB flash drive - 8 GB
however its $100...and id rather not spend that much on a piece of hardware that could very well get messed up.

Yeah those Micro USB drives are crazy.

It is so cool that this was pepped, and I cant wait to see more pictures from people

In terms of inserting/removing it from your helmet, my laptop has one thing where I slide the piece in and pop it in, and to get it back out, I press in and it pops slightly out so I can grab it. Idk what this is called, so if someone does that would be cool.

As it comes to the actual Cortana chip, isnt the center circle lit up?

it should be yes, and i was going to use the LED on the drive, but due to its positioning on the drive the light couldnt be refracted through without being able to see the board through the hole...

Dude amazing flash drive.....
I am gonna try and put one of these in my helmet, and was going to sculpt one, but thanks to you, halogoddess I won't need to!!

Just came to thank HaloGoddess for the template, I copied it by hand into a circuit board editor.

Gray areas will be silver and shiny. There are 6 surface mount LEDs that will be run from a CR2032 button cell battery on the back side.
Collaborating with jlhR2 for a 405th run of these.

5412607471_1915ff7bde_m.jpg
BOTTOM
5413230832_f065d674ce_m.jpg
Halo Cortana Chip by thatdecade, on Flickr

Just came to thank HaloGoddess for the template, I copied it by hand into a circuit board editor.

Gray areas will be silver and shiny. There are 6 surface mount LEDs that will be run from a CR2032 button cell battery on the back side.
Collaborating with jlhR2 for a 405th run of these. [...]

I love it!

Although I don't actually have use for it, I'm really starting to get the "want to have" feeling right now :-D

Hey, this is neat, thanks! Now I want to turn one of these into a USB flash drive.

A flash drive? nice idea man but isn't the AI chip bit thin for that? i would combine it wth an SD card, thats thin.

BTW nice icon, the road to el dorado's a great movie

-konstantin

A flash drive? nice idea man but isn't the AI chip bit thin for that? i would combine it wth an SD card, thats thin.

BTW nice icon, the road to el dorado's a great movie

maybe you skipped the list of rules when you signed up for this forum. NO NECRO POSTING.

Halogodess, should i use really thick card stock/foam/wood for your template? or is there some other method?

whats necro posting? I guess I didnt read the rules, im a noob and.....thats all i have to say for myself.

-Konstantin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back