Crazy Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaninja

I don't know about everyone else, but I am sick of all the tornado producing storms already.
in DeSoto county alone, there have been 10 or 11 tornado warnings in just one month. That has to be some kind of record. If anyone here is in the path or in these storms PLEASE be careful. the storm today has a history for producing several tornadoes.

EDIT just got the 12th warning...

My wife and I have some friends that live in Arkansas. Tornados are hitting them pretty hard. Thankfully Kansas has been unaffected by this round of storms.

N.C. is under tornado watch all day today. We also got hit really hard several weeks ago. It has been really weird. N.C. almost never gets hit. I blame Al Gore.

How was that crazy wind last night?! It was a constant 60-70mph wind for about two or three hours!

Thankfully we haven't had any tornadoes this go round. The one a few weeks ago that came through Jackson, missed my house by about half a mile. You talkin about close!

N.C. is under tornado watch all day today. We also got hit really hard several weeks ago. It has been really weird. N.C. almost never gets hit. I blame Al Gore.

LOL. Why blame Gore? He actually tried to warn the community. Pffft. I hope I don't become involved in politics. It's a game where nobody really wins...

Suddenly I want to go watch Supersize Me...

How was that crazy wind last night?! It was a constant 60-70mph wind for about two or three hours!

Thankfully we haven't had any tornadoes this go round. The one a few weeks ago that came through Jackson, missed my house by about half a mile. You talkin about close!

that is cutting it a bit close. Back on the 4th, a tornado came by my house and it picked up and threw my trashcan across my yard and knocked an iron beam loose from my car port...

last night I think the wind speed around New Albany was at around 120 mph which is CRAZY!

I live in Alabama, and south of me in Tuscaloosa got hit by a huge tornado that ended up going north of me and right into downtown Bham. There is video footage on MSN right now. The thing was freaking enormous. I think we have 25 dead so far, and 15 more in Tuscaloosa last I heard. Pleasant Grove got hit real hard as well, my wife said people were coming out of their house with missing arms and stuff.

A tornado went directly over my shop, touched down 1000' away, and wiped out all 5 of my neighbors buildings. I was in the middle of welding, then looked out the bay door and was like OH ****. At that point the only thing I could do was shut the door and crawl into one of the heavy welding / fabrication jig tables made from 1" steel plate.

We got hit pretty hard in N.C. too, and some were the same storms, recently Snow Hill was leveled, and another tornado is over us currently, that has already killed over 120 people in Alabama. I saw the destruction at Snow Hill drivin to the airshow at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, and also on the way back. Bummed everyone out, kinda ruined the fun. Also, Seymour Johnson is a pretty funny name if u get the inuendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back