Dark Polar's Cardboard MA5C

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkpolar

I wanted to divert from Pepikura and come up with an "eyeballed" design, and take a few pics along the way. If it works out, (crossed fingers) I will do a tutorial. The pictures here do a good job of showing how I am trying to do this. These are the middle sections and I will fit the front and back pieces to this. Upon completion I plan on bondoing and detailing. I just wanted to be a contributing member! :unsure:
Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

this may help you sir. I have a scale version of this in jpeg and ai form you can print out and layer in cardboard. making it a scale size and durable. just layer side one then layer side two.

assaultrifle.jpg

BenStreeper said:
this may help you sir. I have a scale version of this in jpeg and ai form you can print out and layer in cardboard. making it a scale size and durable. just layer side one then layer side two.

assaultrifle.jpg
Ben, thank you. I actually used this as one of my pictures models and I am going to do exactly as you mentioned for the handle-half of the rest. Kudos my friend, thank you. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
This gun looks real good, I like the way you built the structure inside, instead of just building the exterior to shape. Nice.

Ready to caulk, bondo, shape and paint. Be gentile, I did this by just looking at pictures. Enter in weapon section?
Picture008.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

drgon47 said:
These recent projects with cardboard are amazing.

Yeah, it seems that cardboard is starting to prove itself as an exceptional weapon material.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used some "Liquid Nails" adhesive to secure joints and create smooth seams. The next picture should be the last. I will sand a bit or Dremel and paint. The Liquid Nails worked great. It has great work time and cleans after a couple minutes from your fingers. The first side I did this afternoon has dried , already, and looks great. So far, so good.
Picture015.jpg

Oh yeah, my wife is very angry I destroyed our upstairs computer desk with the razor knife and disposable scalpels etc. Oh well, I wanted a new one anyway! :mad:

Yes I plan on using them. I am going to home depot today to buy a short wooden dowel for a barrel. I will drill out an inch or two from the top. I have a real nice LED flashlight also. It is tinted green and a bit thicker than the Mag-Mini. I did not put extra support in but i think, upon examination, the barrel will be no problem because it will be light. I might have to cut open a small panel for the light, underneath, to put a support in. Should be a snap. Also doing LED's. Thanks Link for the TUT!

OK so i lied. 1 more pic, after this! I bought the "Premium" Bondo from Meier. Took a while to Bondo the whole rifle, but I wanted the seams to be smoother and more realistic. I will Bondo the helmet after the gun is done. Only the cool kids rock blue bondo. (y)
Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back