Dawn Under Heaven - Fan Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to work on a donation at some point in time, keeping my fingers crossed, not necessarily for the files, but to support the cause. Getting access to the great models that you all have done is a great added incentive, though, so good thinking. Now back on to suggestions, when you think of Covenant weapons, what about a Reach Gravity Hammer? Just a thought. Great job on everything by the way!!

-Matt

Great one Matt! We'll put that on the list. Also, we will have the standard 3 i.e. Plasma pistol, needler, and Plasma rifle.

Anyone else have requests?

This looks awesome guys! I can't wait, and I'm definitely interested in a donation.

Just one question, though. Actually it's more of a suggestion and a question. Anyway, as I understand it, if you make the $50 or more donation, you get access to the pepakura files, only AFTER the needed amount is reached, right? If so, in my opinion, this might turn people away. I feel like people who are looking for files want them asap so releasing them at a later date might discourage them from making a donation. I will be donating here very soon. I would love to donate more than $50 because I love the idea of fan funded films, but at the same time I know that I cannot wait a few months to start my build. I also thought that those who are willing to spend money on this project for the files might seek other modelers to pay and get their files faster.

Ultimately, it is up to you guys when and under what circumstances you release them. Maybe a donation over the $50 mark could be set up for immediate release of the files? I know I would jump on that immediately, and I'm sure others on here would as well.

This was just a thought I had while reading this thread. I completely understand the idea behind waiting for the goal to be met, and I can respect the fact that you guys have put a lot of work into these files and don't want to work on them for nothing or for free. Again, thank you guys so much for all the effort you've put into growing both the Halo and the 405th community. Can't wait to see the whole movie and I will be donating very soon!

-Daniel

can you post a pic of the magnum file?
because I have been waiting to see some more
weapons. Plus I might use it for my fan film.

All these files look really great, but I can't afford to donate. Not only that, these files are for the male versions. That won't help me any. XD

Its pretty much still in WIP form, but the finished product will have a removable slide.

magnumwip1.png

definately donating now! but when do we get the files when we donate?

Our deadline is Aug 20th. If we don't get enough raised by then we don't get anything, and nothing happens.
If we reach our goal, then files will be released as they are finished. The ones we put up earlier will be available right away. But as the movie progresses more files will be released.

okay so let me get this stright the film itself is $20 and i still get my name in it right. but i'm only using cash how will that work out.

So I decided it would be a little better if I posted some renders instead of pep screenshots, just so you can get a better visual. Plus I really just like these better.

MKV B
MKVBprofile.png

MKVB-1.png

Commando (Ruze's model with details added and adjusted with his permission )

commando1.png

commando.png

Chest ( Built by lganderson and dystorted inc from scratch )

front-1.png

back-1.png

Default Bicep ( built by dystorted inc from scratch )

bicep2.png

bicep1.png

Forearm ( built by dystorted inc from scratch )

forearm-1.png

One more double, sorry.

Cod with Ab details ( lganderson and dystorted inc from scratch )

pelvis1-1.png

pelvis2-1.png

pelvis3-1.png

Thigh ( by dystorted inc from scratch using references provided from forged reclaimer, great shots! )

thigh-1.png

Shin ( lganderson and dystorted inc from scratch )

shinback-1.png

Boot ( dystorted inc from scratch )

Boot-1.png

AR ( lganderson from scratch )

ar-1.png

DMR ( dystorted inc from scratch )

dmr-1.png

beautiful renders sir, hats off. so far as the movie great job thus far! I especially appreciate the drop pod, do you make them in C130 airdrop mode? lol..

Ok one last render, I decided that people may actually want to see everything fit together on a model. I even took the Beta model, and replaced all of the armor with ours. The result was astonishing at how close they came out. The proof is there.

fullsuit.png

Small update here. The crew is hard at work preparing to shoot the new trailer. In preparation, I did my part by doing what I do best. Here's a sneak peak from the storyboards:

Screenshot2011-07-19at120545PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back