Status
Not open for further replies.
This has gotta be one of the greatest Reach Cosplays I've ever seen. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see it finished.

This is super informative and inspirational! I'm just getting familiar with building a Spartan suit for myself. You've done a stellar job! Just have to source files/materials. Thank you for sharing your work with us all!

I'm just sitting here speachless scrolling through this thread. The attention to details, the excellent foam work. I... I don't know want to say. I think this thread right here will be a big help sometime in the future when I start making my own spartan cosplay

WOAHHH! So thats how you made patterns! This is such an amazing build so far and I cannot wait to see it done! You keep getting closer and closer, keep at it girl! Really want to see that helmet with your chest haha!

Keep up the wonderful work!
Thank you!!!!! It was so great to meet you at DragonCon!!

I've always used this thread as a reference for an undersuit (and just that sweet sweet clean foamwork) and it seems 3 years later I am still doing it. Can't wait to try some of those techniques myself soon!
Thank you!!!! After wearing it I'm both surprised at how well some things held together, and at the unexpected pieces that are struggling lol

I'm convinced that you aren't a builder, you're a magician.
This is absolutely incredible work, wow...

I also am liking the black and white foam, it looks so clean it's almost a shame to paint it :lol:
Thank you so much, thats so nice!!! Same here, seeing the unpainted foam is such a cool part of the process!!

This is the most impressive foam work ive ever seen! Absolutely incredible!! I can't wait to see it when it's all done!
Thank you so much, thats such a great compliment!!!!

Jaw, Meet Floor!
Ahh thank you!!!

I’ve been following your build on Instagram. I love it! I’ve used some of your photos for reference for my own as well. Keep being awesome!
Thank you so much, I'm so glad its helped you with your craft!!!

Alright guys, I got the suit wearable for Dragoncon this past weekend!! I'll take the time pretty soon to get this updated with the last couple months of work and some more "finished" photos. This build definitely isn't done yet, I had to put off some undersuit details, and most armor attachments to have it wearable for the con, but it was so awesome to get to wear it and have it look like a finished suit, and especially to get to hang out with my 405th peeps again.

Without further ado, some on the go photos of the current state of this suit by Lunaractual (who kept me hydrated and snapped pics the whole time), dmr by mwmanus , and outer visor layer by NobleofDeath16 . Also huge shout out to my sister for always helping me get suited up, communicate, stay alive, and look the best that I can in photos, and to my brother for getting some dope video content. And a thank you to my husband for helping me so much in the last few weeks when I needed an extra set of hands to try things on, usually late at night during my peak crafting time :lol:

IMG_20220903_011014.jpg

IMG_20220903_204400.jpg

IMG_20220903_165322.jpg

This came out so amazing. The seamless transitions between parts are so good. And the robotic arm is such a cool addition.

Yess girl! It was soooooo beautiful in person. I have so many questions I am trying to hold back because the proportions and everything is so perfect, it blows my mind!

Seriously though, I cannot praise this build enough and it was absolutely worth the time you put into it. Cannot wait to see more photos in the future!

Last edited:
I have followed you for a long time on this build and seeing the finished or almost finished build is like, really super exciting. It's not even my build and I feel that "wow i'm really pleased with how this came out" feeling. As KaeSpoon said, this blows my mind, and I would love to know how every little thing works! Your build is absolutely beyond words and looks fantastic. Keep up the phenomenal work!

Amazing work! I'll definitely try your method for the undersuit for my next build. Again superb work!!!

Only just seeing these replies for some reason!!

Your foamwork and organization are phenomenal! Can't wait to see the final result.
Thank you so much!! It always feel incredibly disorganized so I'm glad I'm able to translate what I'm doing through here and others are actually understanding it xD

This has gotta be one of the greatest Reach Cosplays I've ever seen. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see it finished.
Ahh thank you, that's so kind to say!!!

This is super informative and inspirational! I'm just getting familiar with building a Spartan suit for myself. You've done a stellar job! Just have to source files/materials. Thank you for sharing your work with us all!
That's so great to hear, thank you so much!! Good luck with your build! It can be overwhelming to start but seeing stuff come together is so fun :)

I'm just sitting here speachless scrolling through this thread. The attention to details, the excellent foam work. I... I don't know want to say. I think this thread right here will be a big help sometime in the future when I start making my own spartan cosplay
oh wow thank you so much!!! That's so good to hear, I'd love for this to help people out!!

Stunning! Absolutely stunning!
Thank you!!!! :D

YESSSSS we can finally bask in it's glory!
Hehehh or in like 90% of its glory! Gotta get to finishing touches sometime soon!

Outstanding! I will need to refer to here when I give this a shot
Thank you!!! So happy it can be helpful for future builds!!

This came out so amazing. The seamless transitions between parts are so good. And the robotic arm is such a cool addition.
Ahh thank you so much!! That was a huge thing I was trying to accomplish, a full body look where the undersuit didn't feel like a totally separate thing, so thats amazing to hear.

Yess girl! It was soooooo beautiful in person. I have so many questions I am trying to hold back because the proportions and everything is so perfect, it blows my mind!

Seriously though, I cannot praise this build enough and it was absolutely worth the time you put into it. Cannot wait to see more photos in the future!
Thank you so much!!! Your support has been soo appreciated! It took quite a bit of building and rebuilding but its good to know it paid off for the proportions! I cant wait to see your build progress as well!!

I have followed you for a long time on this build and seeing the finished or almost finished build is like, really super exciting. It's not even my build and I feel that "wow i'm really pleased with how this came out" feeling. As KaeSpoon said, this blows my mind, and I would love to know how every little thing works! Your build is absolutely beyond words and looks fantastic. Keep up the phenomenal work!
Omg your comment is so nice, thank you so much!! It makes me so so happy to see other people invested in this, and it makes the work even more worth it. I will try to go into depth and give you guys more insight on the inner workings (and failings after finally wearing it lol) soon!! You definitely made my day

Amazing work! I'll definitely try your method for the undersuit for my next build. Again superb work!!!
Thank you so much!!! It's been a journey getting this undersuit wearable but hopefully my attempts can be a big help for future builds!!

Looks Good! I'm going to be starting with my undersuit here soon and will use your post for reference

Thank you for sharing. I'm going to be emulating your undersuit. I'm going to break down and do a duct tape dummy of myself too. I see a lot of duct tape in my future. Great job documenting the process

Hey everyone! This will be where I post progress and details of my new Reach suit. I've created two Reach suits in the past, one for myself and one for a friend. Hopefully this one will be even better looking and better functioning. This suit will be pretty much all foam, made with pep patterns and freehanded. The undersuit is probably gonna be upholstery foam, huuugely inspired by Lost Viking Props. Halo:Reach armor is my all time favorite design, so I hope to make a suit that I feel like I don't even have to improve upon after it's done lol!

Here's what I'll be making:
View attachment 264132
View attachment 264133
View attachment 264134

I started on a chest piece a few months ago but I'm pretty sure it's too small, so I started this new one last night, hopefully it'll be the right size:
View attachment 264135
View attachment 264136

That's all I have right now! If you have any questions about how I've done something or how I plan to do something feel free to ask! I don't have a specific deadline for this, I'll just be working on it as often as I can. Have a great weekend ^-^
looking good

This is amazing! Seeing the entire process as your working on it makes me even more excited to make a spartan suit myself! Couldn't possibly rate this any less than 11/10!

Amazing work!!! That undersuit looks soooo clean. Did you end up stitching it all together in the end or is the made up of multiple pieces? I’m looking to mimic how you did it for my build. Soooo good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back