Disappointed With Reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon McClain said:
I must say, I have really enjoyed it. Yes, there is a lot to get used to, but I enjoy the challenge. I have never been a huge fan of online play, but there is enough variety to keep my interest piqued... So, my take on Reach, love it, can't wait for the Campaign!!

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
I believe Reach is just Halo: CE with some new weapons, old favorites, and better graphics. That is why I love it.

Also, THE PISTOL IS BACK, BABY!

Ditto on both counts.

COD MW1 & 2 have been the only real online multiplayer gaming I have gotten into purely because they were what was out when I'd just gotten net connection, then a better net connection. And while I love them for an element of realisim, the Reach Beta so far is- JUST FREAKIN' SO MUCH FUN!!! :D

I could go into detail but it's just easier to say- LOVE IT! LOVE IT ALL! so I can get back to playing more of it! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the beta! It took a while to get used to the controls. But one thing I don't like, is that it is almost impossible to return the flag! Every time you step to much away from it, the return reset!

I love invasjon the most, since there you get to use the vehicles^^ I have always been a big team fan^^

It is in no way close to Modern Warfare 2 at all, class types don't turn a game into a Modern Warfare clone. It has borrowed ideas from many games before, for the small amount that ever played Starsiege Tribes. That was the first thing that came to mind with the Halo idea when i first played this game.

At first i was sorta like, sure it's fun, probably a little more fun than halo 3... but... then invasion came out!!! this is so amazing and is the best idea ever! it's so much fun when you have some friends really working good together to actually achieve a goal other than killing or getting a flag! i think it is really fun!

the only things are... grenades are a lot more powerful than they should be (maybe, cause it IS sorta fun...), sprint and or roll should be default, and the vehicles look less cool than the other games... =/

all in all it's great!

why are people so afraid of change..........CHANGE IS GOOD ESPECIALLY IF IT'S A CHANGE THAT........IMPROVES THE GAME!

why are people so afraid of change..........CHANGE IS GOOD ESPECIALLY IF IT'S A CHANGE THAT........IMPROVES THE GAME!

Oh yeah?! Tell that to Stewie!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUglJQP3uKg[/media]

-Pony

I agree totally. ;) Even though I can't play until the 15th, I can promise you, the new additions will be a welcome roadblock for me. Once I get over them and adapt, the game will probably so much more fun! Like I said, even though I haven't been able to play yet, I think sprint and armorlock will probably be my favorite. Or maybe I'll like all of them equally. :p

Yes! I can finely log in and bring my 0.02$

Yes it is new. Yes there are flaws. But aren't you glad that this way we can fix the flaws. The beta is going through changes already. As far as loadouts go, I like them. They all seem really even to me. If you think that armor lock is too strong, it isn't. I have been killed while in armor lock. Also it isn't like it does major damage when released. Though it does stall engines (brought a banshee out of the sky that way). I am a little skeptical about invasion slayer but that may be because my team all quit and I had to play 2 v 6.

I love it so far. Couple of complaints, however, more prominently Invasion. I don't know if I just suck or something, but it seems next to impossible for elites to win...

bobbio555 said:
I love it so far. Couple of complaints, however, more prominently Invasion. I don't know if I just suck or something, but it seems next to impossible for elites to win...

When Im an Elite I always win :p

CommanderFluffy said:
im dissapointed in all of it... spawn on only one team member? wtf? cant spawn on joe but can spawn on bill and the base. huh dumb idea.

loadouts.. sprint... shouldnt that be a default thing... kinda dumb if you think about it... armor lock... ok so let everyone wait for you to get out of it and granadae spam the guy... cloak with the radar jammer... what part of stealth dont you get? the redar jammer defeats the purpose of stealth.

spawns... they suck.. die... spawn at the base take 3 steps and the enemy spawns behind you... really?

jetpacks.. ok they are cool but only in some things...

ammo needs way way more of it...

weapons.. get rid of the bloom effect to make people really skill their shots... make it like all other halo games.

granades... are they really granades or are they freaking mini nukes.. even halo 1 granades werent this powerfull.

and the scoreing system... really.. i have the most kills on my teams and leist ammount of deaths... so i get a measily 90 points? and someone with 8 kills and lived for 30 seconds and has 13 assists gets 300 points and he is last on the team... something is really flawed here.

bungie you broke halo... yup this isnt even halo this is not even worth a halo name its that sad... sure the guns... the weapons and how you look is halo... but this does not play as any of the halo's have.. stop messing with a good thing and fix it... sure some things are ok... others.... well just no.. get rid of most of the stuff this isnt halo anymore.

It's halo Reach. God damn it, I'm not gonna let some butthurt people (not directly adressing you) that want the same damn thing for 9 years ruin what could possibly be the first FRESH Halo title since CE. Halo 2 was WORSE than Halo 1, Halo3 was a clone of Halo 2. The series takes it's first step up and you people want it to go BACK?

Some posts I've made on b.net about this.

It plays like Halo. The golden triangle is all there. The weapons feel like Halo, the movement, while slow, is still Halo(the ramp of speed you get the longer you walk/ the slow controllable jumping). The announcer's there, the medals are there, the sound design is there, the character design is there, the weapon design is there, the menu is there, the hud is there, the maps are there, the shields are there... Even WITH AAs the game still feels like Halo, because the AAs are VERY Halo styled. Would armorlock or jetpacks fit in COD? What about active camo?

And noob friendly? You mean the extra time you NEED to use to line up your shots in order to get a kill? How you NEED to burst fire the AR to make it remotely useful? How the grenades are so strong,that you need to *gasp* GET OUT OF THE WAY when one comes towards you? Look at my stats. I suck ass at Halo reach. I suck at Halo 3 too! The thing is, I'm awesome with the BR in Halo 3, but I need practice with the DMR. You know why? A headshot weapon =/= a pro weapon. Any asswipe an spam the right trigger with the reticule over the head a few times. You need patience and finesse to make a 5 shot with the DMR. But then again, anyone can spam the DMR's trigger and get a kill pretty fast too. They just waste bullets.

Case in point, noobs playing like noobs with cheap tactics does not mean they're playing a noob game. It means they're playing in a nooby fashion.

And to all the ..."people" (or the deaf and blind, as they really are) complaining about the reticule bloom.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHwHfgT9yA[/media]

It's halo Reach. God damn it, I'm not gonna let some butthurt people that want the same damn thing for 9 years ruin what could possibly be the first FRESH Halo title since CE. Halo 2 was WORSE than Halo 1, Halo3 was a clone of Halo 2. The series take it's first step up and you people want it to go BACK?

Whoa! Calm down dude.

Let everyone say what they want to say. It's just a game. Sheesh!

If people don't like it, fine. Just don't scream at them just because they like the classics.

Look at Mario or Sonic for example. How many crappy games out for both of those characters.? How many of them enjoy playing the first games that came out?

Just relax.

-Pony

MikyVengeance said:
here's a list of what Bungie fixed so far in the beta.

thought some people would like to see.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_050710

Exactly, this is a TESTER!

check out these stats! (from your awesome link)

Total Players Day One: 1,170,112

Total Player Games: 14,205,611

Total Kills: 157,972,986

Total Seconds Spent Playing: 936,864,266

936,864,266 seconds = 29.6880712 years!!

thats almost 30 years worth of time played in the first day! :eek :lol

Wha?

Hating on them for liking the classics?

No.

Hating on them for bashing the people who are ENTITLED to make whatever changes in their own franchise they want? Yes.

Bungie didn't mess up at all. They're just experimenting after 9 years of the same damn thing over and over. Why the hell would you people chastise them for it?

It was mostly the comparison to COD that pisses me off. I'm so damn tired of hearing this same damn $#!T. It's not like COD invented loadouts OR sprinting, so f*** OFF.

What? Next thing you know the next Predator movie is gonna be a ripoff of AVP huh?

Oh, and that Iron Man. TOTAL ripoff of robocop.

Do none of you see the hole in logic here?

Guys, look this up.

There is NO unnecessary crap in Reach. Just a bunch of new features that all who complain seem unable to master. Or simply refuse to. Was dual wielding and hijacking unnecessary? Was Forge and Theatre unnecessary? Huh?

Why is it that everything NEW is called "unnecessary" until it's old?

Anyone remember when the internet was "unnecessary"? And cars?

Stop trying to label evolution. You can only lable things you understand. These AAs and loadouts are too new to Halo for us to understand.

xalener said:
Wha?

Hating on them for liking the classics?

No.

Hating on them for bashing the people who are ENTITLED to make whatever changes in their own franchise they want? Yes.

Bungie didn't mess up at all. They're just experimenting after 9 years of the same damn thing over and over. Why the hell would you people chastise them for it?

It was mostly the comparison to COD that pisses me off. I'm so damn tired of hearing this same damn $#!T. It's not like COD invented loadouts OR sprinting, so f*** OFF.

What? Next thing you know the next Predator movie is gonna be a ripoff of AVP huh?

Oh, and that Iron Man move. TOTAL ripoff of robocop.

Do none of you see the hole in logic here?

Guys, look this up.

There is NO unnecessary crap in Reach. Just a bunch of new features that all who complain seem unable to master. Or simply refuse to. Was dual wielding and hijacking unnecessary? Was Forge and Theatre unnecessary? Huh?

Why is it that everything NEW is called "unnecessary" until it's old?

Anyone remember when the internet was "unnecessary"? And cars?

Stop trying to put a label evolution. You can only lable things you understand. These AAs and loadouts are too new to Halo for us to understand.

A-effin-MEN

Hell, people have stolen shamelessly from Bungie since 94 when Marathon came out. No one said a damn thig when Unreal and quake suddenly had CTF. And it even took online coop a while to catch on after Marathon. (ironically, Halo was late to it's own game) Now Bungie takes a few popular and successful ideas and suddenly THEY'RE all hacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back