Dragonknight's Mk Vi Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I just joined the 405th today but I've been wotking on this for a few weeks now. It's my first pep armor so I doubt it's perfect but here is what I have so far. Any tips area appreciated.
<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'>th_PICT0037.jpg
th_PICT0038.jpg
th_PICT0039.jpg
th_PICT0040.jpg
th_halocostume008.jpg
th_halocostume010.jpg</div>

cool name. :) *has a thing for dragons* heh. really nice peping so far! Looks like you have most of the trouble-spots on the helmet started and looking good!

Looks like a fine start! Good job starting on a high def helm rather than the low, you won't regret it.

Also, I think I had your profile pic on a calendar of mine. Is the The Crimson Shadow? :eek:

You're off with a good start.

Every noob here already started on their armor even though they weren't a member yet, and i've been a member for a year and still got nothing

Well I don't know about everyone else but as for me you can blame SkullCandyGirl (have no idea if I spelled that right). I was looking for a way to make a set of halo armor when I found her vid tut on a how to website and that brought me here. Where I found everything I needed to start and while looking around I liked how everyone was supportive of everyone else and thats when I decided to join when I could and thanks Adam for opening up registrations so I could do so ^^

hey TheSpartanMjolnir, i hear yeah on that one man lol. i still got nothing for armour as well and all the noobs i see are already showing me up !! haha

but yeah, folds so far look pretty nice. should look pretty slick when you get it all together man =D i take it, you are doing a straight up Mark VI ?

Alright heres some update pics of my helmet. As you can see I finshed pepping it and plan to start to resin it later today.

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'>th_halocostume006.jpg
th_halocostume007.jpg
th_halocostume010-1.jpg
th_halocostume011.jpg</div>

Hi guys I'm thinking about using something unusual for the under armor and how it attaches to the armor. I want to use a set of coveralls and attach it to the armor by literally resining it to the armor. I'm not sure if its a good idea though or to use the traditional method so any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi everyone sorry about the wait for the update but here it is now.

This is my progress so far. The helmet is resined and I finished the left shoulder.

th_halocostume007-1.jpg

A close up of the helmet. I think I used to much resin. ><

th_halocostume008-1.jpg

My inside and outside work areas. XD The helmet is the same one for both pictures.

th_halocostume010-2.jpg
th_PICT0057.jpg

And my captive audience lol. They watch me everytime i work on this stuff. They're my "Halo-fish" lol.

th_halocostume013.jpg

Thats all the updates I have for now. I'm going to try to post updates every week of my progress.

Happy armor building. (I have no idea where I got that lol)

Dragonknight said:
Thanks I got a little less then 3 months left to get this thing done. :mad:
Why do you only have 3 months? You should take your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great start! If you want to finish it by 4th of July
you should be able to do it with hard work and dedication :)
it took me 2 months to finish my armor but I didn't bondo it :(
didn't have money nor time but I'm building a 2nd set now.

Looking great so far DragonKnight! I'm building an ODST suit right now. Same sort of deadline, trying to get it done before Halo 3: ODST comes out. I can't wait to start my Mk VI though. Keep up the great work!

Looks pretty good from the pics so far man, Anyway to get a bigger pic? When I click on them I get "The action that you were trying to perform has failed"
I've got faith in ya for making your deadline (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back