Exercise to get into it : An Unexpected Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good activity week last week. Hit and almost or did double my exercise goal 6 times. Sunday was a rest day, so I just did some stretching. M-F went for a 1.5mi (~2.4km) walk each morning and added a 30-40min strength training routine each evening. Saturday I walked 3.1mi (5k) before doing yard work for several more hours.

2020-08-31 07.08.51.png

I want to keep this going this week as last week felt so productive and relaxing. Just putting on some music and Zombies, Run! while I walk has been a great time to get out of the house and give me time to think without distractions.

Well I've avoided this thread for long enough. Yesterday I stumbled upon this app "Alter Titan" that's like a sci-fi rpg/PokeMon Go clone that uses excersize to level up your character. It's cheesy I'm sure, probably with poor gameplay mechanics, but if it gets me to excersize then I'm all for it.
My goal is to start with easy 15 minutes a day of simple excersize each day (e.g. pushups, situps, stretching). I'm hoping that I'll learn to like it and want to do more. At the very least let's stop looking like a desk jockey xD

This game also has "Platoons" so if enough of us got interested in trying it out we could potentially make a 405th platoon (though I don't think we can make it exclusive to our members) and then we could keep track of eachothers progress and inspire/encourage consistency :). I only got to download it this morning though, so I've no idea really if it's any good or not. Seems cool though.

Been neglecting updating here lately and just posting to the fitness-crew on Discord.

I've been more successful than not in getting in my daily morning walk, but I've not been as consistent in getting in the afternoon session. Also started the gallon a day challenge last month as I'm debating trying the 75 Hard Challenge. Even if I don't end up doing it, there are some elements of the challenge I'd like to apply to my life and training, such as drinking more water, reading more, and the 2x's daily workouts with at least one of them outside.

I've been seeing the scale slowly drop, but I never felt any different. This week however I noticed that I needed to start wearing a belt because my jeans were too loose. Small win, but good motivation.

Well I've avoided this thread for long enough. Yesterday I stumbled upon this app "Alter Titan" that's like a sci-fi rpg/PokeMon Go clone that uses excersize to level up your character. It's cheesy I'm sure, probably with poor gameplay mechanics, but if it gets me to excersize then I'm all for it.
My goal is to start with easy 15 minutes a day of simple excersize each day (e.g. pushups, situps, stretching). I'm hoping that I'll learn to like it and want to do more. At the very least let's stop looking like a desk jockey xD

This game also has "Platoons" so if enough of us got interested in trying it out we could potentially make a 405th platoon (though I don't think we can make it exclusive to our members) and then we could keep track of eachothers progress and inspire/encourage consistency :). I only got to download it this morning though, so I've no idea really if it's any good or not. Seems cool though.
How have you found this so far, is it fun? and is it working well for you?
im curious about getting it but im wondering if ill end up using it or not

I've gained a few pounds but not in the gut that's been going down still, I'm almost able to comfortably fit in my 42 pants again, I'm on the last notch of my job issued belt, but the 14 miles a day walking I do 5 days a week sure does help tremendously, Haven't had the time or energy after work to work on my arms much but my chest and shoulders seem to be bulking a bit up maybe from all the fidgeting with the BPV I have to wear, though I do believe my problem is no longer the waist line of my pants, its the Width of the leggings, I find that I'm going through a lot of uniform pants be busting the seam around the thigh line

Is there a 405th Fitbit group or anything? You'd probably take the walking crown haha
Hahaha I'd have an unfair advantage since I have foot patrol every hour, I just realized about the shirts and hoodies I had ordered...they are most likely just gaining dust in the closet unopened

I don’t usually stick to fitness regimens very well but I want to get back to 135 ish pounds. Hopefully I can do that but skateboarding a lot this summer and making my portion sizes smaller. Suppose I’ll should try not to sit all day doing my job either.. ahahaa

I don’t usually stick to fitness regimens very well but I want to get back to 135 ish pounds. Hopefully I can do that but skateboarding a lot this summer and making my portion sizes smaller. Suppose I’ll should try not to sit all day doing my job either.. ahahaa
Well I believe In you, you can succeed

You got this! Skateboarding is fun, just don't think of it as exercising and go do it!

405th skate group?
I picked up a new longboard to get back into it back in April and unfortunately haven't had too many chances to head out when the weather is cooperating. Summer's here though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back