First ODST foam build need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
he4thbar where do your get your box cutters from? Also where’s a good place to buy foam? I’ve been working with 10mm pads of foam from Lowes
I buy my "husky" blade from home Depot but any blade that you can buy refillable blades for is good (don't get the disposable box whole cutters).
The 9mm are also perfect for interior cuts to make sharp angles with no showing on the outside.

I've heard many places are good to buy foam from TNT seems to be a hot item RandomRanger might be able to help more, I bought mine from foamfactory.com which is a bit more expensive but I bought in bulk so it made sense (and I bought xple foam instead of Eva for this build).
10mm is perfect size though so you're good there.

Here's a link to a discussion I had with he4thbar about comparing different foams. Honestly, someone should probably pin this post somewhere by now. PerniciousDuke do we have a place for this sort of thing?

You should definitely read it, and the quoted text within it.

Foam: Harbor Freight floor padding, they have 2 different thicknesses and inexpensive.

Blades: Harbor Freight again.
To save money on buying blades, you may also want to get a carbide or ceramic sharpener/rod. It will save you time and money.

Loctite Professional: Home Depot 2 for $5.
This is the red and blue bottle. Great for holding seams but go back on the insides and use hot glue for strength.

Honestly, someone should probably pin this post somewhere by now. @PerniciousDuke do we have a place for this sort of thing?

I vouch for pinning the post as well. The thread gave me a good bit of information about costs, quality, and practicality. For people looking for new foam, it's definitely worth a read

5800D8D0-D76D-4F2E-A452-953785E6253E.jpeg
E44557E5-5245-49B0-8591-7A898B7419D7.jpeg

Just started on the back piece wanted to go with the part that I found was more difficult to make. I beveled the inside of the lower piece to try to make the lower part curve in it didn’t curve in as much as I wanted but I think it turned out alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back