fraudulent trade with ithica and love bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys i am about to make you aware of current events that have transpired,and to start YES i am well aware dave is in iraq, but here goes , If you go on youtube to daves or my channel you can see where i traded him my war machine suit and he re did it, I also sent with it one of my complete arc reactors, a complete storm trooper helmet, an Im helmet with airbrush blue flames, an extra arc reactor kit and a damaged im helmet for exta, This was under the agreement that he would be casting me a mc suit minus the helmet, I also mailed him(and you can see in my vids) a jorge helm that he was to mold and send me back copies in exchange. To this day i have recieved nothing,Its been over 4 months , I have been given fake tracking numbers, Been told my package is lost in the mail, been hung up on by britt, called day and night to get an answer ,and the only time in 2mnths i get an answer is when i text from a different number, and still when i call britt i get no answer and the mail box is full, ive sent numerous text offering to pay for the shipping jus to recieve my items, the few times i did email/talk to brit or dave they both had diff things to say about my items being shipped, Also i see where the damaged helmet i gave him was sold on ebay as a ''high quality helmet'' and the neg feedback shows it was horrible, see for yourself, I know this will prob not help me get what is owed to me or replace the $120 it took me to ship it, But i would like to make it aware to other 405th members as well as the bunch of you i trade with ,that this is ridicoulous and shoud not happen, I hope this does not get me banned but i feel i need to put it out so some one dosent get burned and ripped off of the money and time we put into our artwork...... thank you -Jp

That really sucks dude. Maybe you should PM Adam about this or another mod since public "witch hunts" are frowned upon. It's odd the Dave would do that since he has seemed to trade well and be a generally good guy with other members. Now I understand why you're nervous about trading, I'll get that package out as soon as possible.

yea , thx morphen, i have contacted a few mods, and actually nintendude suggested i post my story, It does seem odd , but im out allot with nothing in return

Bro, Dave is in Iraq while his wife is at home sad and worried and you just keep calling them demanding your stuff, Dont you think that stresses her out?

What if his wife doesnt know how to cast? What id his wife doesnt want to touch his props because of sentimental value or to remember his husband who could die in any moment?

Think about their feelings too. Life is not easy Bro.

Agreed Ithica may be a good guy and we can understand him going off to Iraq but when you leave like that you do your best to get the customers and friends taken care of as best as possible before going. To me this is about as bad as the level of a recaster. I've had my share of broken promises from people on here as well not from Ithica but other people which has been enough for me to not want to do anything for anyone anymore.

on the contrary she was the one casting my armor in flex foam .....not really worried about feelings when im being ripped off bro I havent got to demand , neither replies back...

Well, a very valid excuse for the shipping problems may be that Dave was flagged by the American postal service/Government for his shipping of these “weird and possibly dangerous” items . This has happened to me before because of my buying/selling of armour parts and prop weapons, and I did not know of the “problem” until a few weeks later when I received a notice from the Canadian government and a few phone calls to set up a court date to “appeal for my actions”. As a result, the packages were all confiscated, and the tracking numbers all became non-existent.

After a lot of hacking at the problem in court with me constantly saying “They’re only props that by no means are to be used as real weapons in any way, shape or form”, my case was appealed and my shipping rights re-instated. After receiving shipping clearance and sending out new packages to “replace“ the ones that had been seized, the initial packages I sent out made their way back to me 8 weeks later… Boy, what a crazy world we live in.

This may be the case with Dave aswell. He is in Iraq, so it is possible that he was flagged without even knowing it. His chances of being flagged are even higher due to him being deployed, aswell as having a “history” of shipping large packages with “weird” items inside.

Don’t rule out the possibility, as it would explain the “phony tracking numbers”.

As for being hung up on/ having your calls go unanswered, Britt may be fed up with your calling. After a certain amount of time, she may have thought you were trying to scam her and Dave… It’s only natural that she thinks something is fishy…

Perhaps this is a huge misunderstanding? I wouldn’t rule out that possibility.

My advice, call again at a reasonable hour and politely talk everything out. Ease off of the phone calls, and perhaps call from a friends phone/phone booth to avoid being automatically hung up on. I strongly doubt you’re being scammed, and remember, Britt is at home alone with the kids, when Dave would normally be there to help out. She may be VERY busy, especially now that school has started.

Dave hasn’t fallen through on any people who have purchased items from him yet (or, at least not to my knowledge), and I refuse to believe he is scamming you. Again, this may be a huge misunderstanding.

That’s just my opinion.

Good luck with figuring this stuff out,

Jake
Xtreme TACTICS 101

I can say for sure that your parts have been cast and at least boxed and labeled to ship, I saw it done with my own eyes while visiting them in texas. I know that they want to get this stuff to you, they were going to drive some 6 plus hours out of their way coming back from d con if it had been possible. This I know because I was in the car. Sometimes things happen, I know, I have been on both the receiving and shipping end of things in delayed transactions. You made out like a bandit on your trade, trust me, I think they deserve a little patience and understanding.

Well, a very valid excuse for the shipping problems may be that Dave was flagged by the American postal service/Government for his shipping of these “weird and possibly dangerous” items . This has happened to me before because of my buying/selling of armour parts and prop weapons, and I did not know of the “problem” until a few weeks later when I received a notice from the Canadian government and a few phone calls to set up a court date to “appeal for my actions”. As a result, the packages were all confiscated, and the tracking numbers all became non-existent.

After a lot of hacking at the problem in court with me constantly saying “They’re only props that by no means are to be used as real weapons in any way, shape or form”, my case was appealed and my shipping rights re-instated. After receiving shipping clearance and sending out new packages to “replace“ the ones that had been seized, the initial packages I sent out made their way back to me 8 weeks later… Boy, what a crazy world we live in.

This may be the case with Dave aswell. He is in Iraq, so it is possible that he was flagged without even knowing it. His chances of being flagged are even higher due to him being deployed, aswell as having a “history” of shipping large packages with “weird” items inside.

Don’t rule out the possibility, as it would explain the “phony tracking numbers”.

As for being hung up on/ having your calls go unanswered, Britt may be fed up with your calling. After a certain amount of time, she may have thought you were trying to scam her and Dave… It’s only natural that she thinks something is fishy…

Perhaps this is a huge misunderstanding? I wouldn’t rule out that possibility.

My advice, call again at a reasonable hour and politely talk everything out. Ease off of the phone calls, and perhaps call from a friends phone/phone booth to avoid being automatically hung up on. I strongly doubt you’re being scammed, and remember, Britt is at home alone with the kids, when Dave would normally be there to help out. She may be VERY busy, especially now that school has started.

Dave hasn’t fallen through on any people who have purchased items from him yet (or, at least not to my knowledge), and I refuse to believe he is scamming you. Again, this may be a huge misunderstanding.

That’s just my opinion.

Good luck with figuring this stuff out,

Jake
Xtreme TACTICS 101

I call and no one ever answers, i might be tempted to be understanding... if there was communication, this trade is 4 mths old, I dont know britts situation and personally dont care, dave told me she was taking care of it and it was out of his hands, I dont care about personal feelings, i just want what is owed to me or all my original items back the way i sent them. Simple really,but the point of this is to warn others. I was told my stuff was insured/went to my local usps and had the lady help me track it, but there were no packages mailed from daves town or area to mine period.within the dates i was given.

I can say for sure that your parts have been cast and at least boxed and labeled to ship, I saw it done with my own eyes while visiting them in texas. I know that they want to get this stuff to you, they were going to drive some 6 plus hours out of their way coming back from d con if it had been possible. This I know because I was in the car. Sometimes things happen, I know, I have been on both the receiving and shipping end of things in delayed transactions. You made out like a bandit on your trade, trust me, I think they deserve a little patience and understanding.
Ive given 4 months, and ive got no word, no tracking numbers and when i did finally make contact was told my helm was never shipped, then told it would shipp a week ago , and for a week i cant get intouch with anyone

I call and no one ever answers, i might be tempted to be understanding... if there was communication, this trade is 4 mths old, I dont know britts situation and personally dont care, dave told me she was taking care of it and it was out of his hands, I dont care about personal feelings, i just want what is owed to me or all my original items back the way i sent them. Simple really,but the point of this is to warn others. I was told my stuff was insured/went to my local usps and had the lady help me track it, but there were no packages mailed from daves town or area to mine period.within the dates i was given.

I would hope that this thread would bring a few people that may be able to get into contact with his wife and find out what is happening. There are probably people who are willing to help you out but the somewhat militant "I want what I deserve" won't help the situation at all. If I were a friend of This guy and saw how you were talking about not caring about thier situation or feelings I may be Hesitant to help you out. Maybe that's just me. I can understand your frustration totally though.

i have to say that as unfortunate as this may be, i agree with you. just because you have alot going on doesnt excuse you from previous deals and "contracts". i doubt that dave has much control over this, at this moment.
im not saying "oh his wife is bad and needs to get it together", not at all. im just saying that if the parts WERE allready casted and boxed (not doubting you brandon), it really doesnt take much to put them in your car and combine your next trip to the post office with something else. my mom has had to deal with myself and my brother school wise, health wise, ect. and the literaly dozens of apointments and meetings while my dad has been on t.d.y. (work travel). at the very least, she could message him and say that she's sorry that this is taking so long, just to keep him updated. ignoring calls on something as expensive as this is un-needed.

again, im siding with troubleis1983 but im also not trying to slam anyone or start a "witch hunt". i dont have all the details so i cant accuse but based on what ive read, he is in the right for bringing this up

hope this all ends well

I would hope that this thread would bring a few people that may be able to get into contact with his wife and find out what is happening. There are probably people who are willing to help you out but the somewhat militant "I want what I deserve" won't help the situation at all. If I were a friend of This guy and saw how you were talking about not caring about thier situation or feelings I may be Hesitant to help you out. Maybe that's just me. I can understand your frustration totally though.
It would be nice to hear from either one of them, that is the main problem, but i never said ''want what i deserve''. a trade is a trade,bussiness is bussiness, I traded 4mths ago for a halloween costume

It would be nice to hear from either one of them, that is the main problem, but i never said ''want what i deserve''. a trade is a trade,bussiness is bussiness, I traded 4mths ago for a halloween costume

You didn't say that exactly. But "I dont care about personal feelings, i just want what is owed to me " is very similar. I completely understand you wanting your stuff but having that attidute won't help anything. Especially if you want someone who knows them to help you out. I am just saying.

From the sounds of it they do want you to get your stuff. There have been two possible explanations and at least 1 confirmation in this thread that they tried/are trying to get you your stuff.

You didn't say that exactly. But "I dont care about personal feelings, i just want what is owed to me " is very similar. I completely understand you wanting your stuff but having that attidute won't help anything. Especially if you want someone who knows them to help you out. I am just saying.

From the sounds of it they do want you to get your stuff. There have been two possible explanations and at least 1 confirmation in this thread that they tried/are trying to get you your stuff.
dude a trade is a trade simple as that, if your in a situation and cant make a trade or follow through DONT, but hey at least let the guy your trading with know whats up, I mean should i really have to call from diff numbers just to get you to answer? Im sayin its not right!

dude a trade is a trade simple as that, if your in a situation and cant make a trade or follow through DONT, but hey at least let the guy your trading with know whats up, I mean should i really have to call from diff numbers just to get you to answer? Im sayin its not right!

It's not right, Sure. I'm just saying that if I were in this situation and I brought it up on a Community such as the 405th and was told by some reputible people (Brandon McClain's Post) on that board that they tried to get the stuff to me, I may be a bit more understanding. Especially if those people where well known on that bored as well. That's me though. Obviously you don't share that opinion.

Here's what Brandon said.

Come on guys, this has gone far enough. Dude, I understand what your saying but you've already said what you came to say now it's time to end this. Just do this either with the other party or with third parties in pm or email, not in public. I'm not saying your wrong for posting this and warning everyone but it's time for this to end.

And please be more careful when you say stuff about not caring about feelings when regarding soldiers out to war. I stay open minded about it but other soldiers might take offense and we're all suppose to be friends here.

Now I say let's put this stuff away and let's make some kick ass armor for the cons and next Halloween.

Dude fact is rather it was boxed up or not, I was told it was shipped ,and it was not, I was lied to, and thats all there is to it bro and i can call till my phone burns up and still no one will answer the phone, there is NO comunication, and if all were actually fine and dandy why would it take so long to ship??? money??? I offered to pay just so i could have my stuff for halloween . But I jus get ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back