Grrr! We're freelancers! Red vs Blue WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from being blown away by the awesomeness by this project and I'd just like to- *gets blown back fifty yards*......*walks back* I'm impressed. *pants* stop blowing my mind!! (just kidding, keep it up, I like the exorcise ;) )

-Seth

Looking absolutely beautiful! Love seeing the Cereal buckle detail there :)

I just got back from being blown away by the awesomeness by this project and I'd just like to- *gets blown back fifty yards*......*walks back* I'm impressed. *pants* stop blowing my mind!! (just kidding, keep it up, I like the exorcise ;) )

-Seth

lmao, thank you :)

Looking absolutely beautiful! Love seeing the Cereal buckle detail there :)

Cereal's build has definitely been an inspiration for me, the chest piece just looks unfinished without something in that spot.

Really hope my a/c is back and fighting fit again soon, I have so many ideas for detailing Maine's helmet and chest piece. I was planning on finishing the chest piece before I got started on the helmet but I don't know if I can wait that long. I could probably use a bit of a break from the chest piece anyway... so many things to bondo, so little time.

Again, I really want to thank you guys for the feedback and for following along, it really drives us to keep going that extra mile, thanks :D

Absolutely Amazing! Such an incredible and inspirational build :) I look forward to seeing you complete more and dressing up as some of the coolest badasses ever (of all time)

I thought I had better warn you since doing my foam -> plastic ironman helmet I will be doing pep helmets after the suit is finished. So I will be picking yours and cereals brains for tips if I get stuck on any detailing. I know there is a world of info out there and I am not one to ask unless I really need to, better to teach your self in my opinion. I have only ever asked 2 questions since I started the craft, what gloves people use for their Halo suits as couldn't work out what they were and how much smooth-cast to use for my cast.

Anyways great admirer of your work and look forward to the next update :)
Tom.

All the details you guys are doing are crazy good :) I love watching the thread. Thank you

I'd be more than happy to help out if you need anything, I've decided I'm going to make my codpiece and thighs out of foam so I may yet come crawling to you for some help :)

Absolutely Amazing! Such an incredible and inspirational build :) I look forward to seeing you complete more and dressing up as some of the coolest badasses ever (of all time)

I have to be honest, I am REALLY looking forward to bringing Agent Maine to life, it's going to be awesome. My biggest headache at the moment is figuring out how we're going to attach the brute shot to the back of the chest piece so he can either carry it or put it away. Ideas are more than welcome.

Never have I seen so much detail in a suit before!

I dunno, there's some pretty amazing builds on here :p thank you though, I think you'll really like the Agent Maine build. We're also throwing around ideas for our under armour at the moment. Stay tuned :)

this is an awesome thread to track. The detail work is amazing. I will be using some of your techniques once I get to that stage on my suit.

I'd be more than happy to help out if you need anything, I've decided I'm going to make my codpiece and thighs out of foam so I may yet come crawling to you for some help :)

I'd be glad to help out where I can, share the knowledge :)

Tom.

Gogogo! Hehe, great work as always! I really love your sanding... its as good if not better than the spartan mk.V I saw somewhere...

I
I have to be honest, I am REALLY looking forward to bringing Agent Maine to life, it's going to be awesome. My biggest headache at the moment is figuring out how we're going to attach the brute shot to the back of the chest piece so he can either carry it or put it away. Ideas are more than welcome.

This is something i've thought on alot, and the simplest option i've found is rare earth magnets.
A couple of Hidden metal plates in the brute shot (or the shoulder ridges of your back plate) and a pair of these strategically built into the other piece (or if you feel that you want it to be super strong you can use a matching pair in both pieces)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-LARGE-...scientific-magic-diy-/140892473541#vi-content

a single one of these theoretically holds 1.6Kgs of weight when lifting. Just my 2 cents :)

The only draw back of my plan is being considerate of electronics as you will have strong magnets attached to you at all times.

Edit: correction a calculated lift of 8.5kg each and will hold (without slipping i assume) 1.6kg each

I've been looking at magnets, the only problem is that aren't aren't very many areas where the brute shot can make good contact with the chest piece. There's no real area where two faces butt up against each other, I've sat there for more time than I care to admit rotating it around to see if I can get it to sit better. I'm planning on molding the brute shot when it's done and I'm going to try a cast in rigid polyurethane foam, it's super strong stuff and really light. If I can make the brute shot feather light that'll help. I think I'll have to resort to a suble hook and catch method, I've really only got edges (and one flat face) to work with unfortunately.

We're going to attach our M6's to the thighs with magnets though.

Loving the new chest plate add-on. I'm sure it will be perfect by time you get done with it. It just amazes me where you are taking this build.:D

Add on for the chest looks great. Want . . . NO. . . Input. . .. Need more input!!!!!!!!! :p Hope you can get back to the resin and everything soon. Keep up the good work.

This build is wicked! Builds with this kind of attention to detail are what inspired me to start doing this stuff, subscribed! Keep up the great work! :D

Cheers!
Drew

Y'all are doing an amazing job. It's nice to see someone using the glass/bondo method again. I would hate to see it become a lost art around here. This is a thread that I plan on keeping track of. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back