Half Life 2 ~ Gordon Freeman Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to be a pain in the butt
but how long till the whole model is unfolded?
also how do i scale can some one link me to the right stiky? the only one there is other peoples sclaing things wich is useless if you dont know how to get the digits in the first place
also thanks for unfolding it again for everyone :)

part 2 said:
sorry to be a pain in the butt
but how long till the whole model is unfolded?
also how do i scale can some one link me to the right stiky? the only one there is other peoples sclaing things wich is useless if you dont know how to get the digits in the first place
also thanks for unfolding it again for everyone :)

You're forgiven. :)
It'll be done when it's done.
Search button is your friend.
You're welcome.

Answers color coated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nugget said:
You're forgiven. :)
It'll be done when it's done.
Search button is your friend.
You're welcome.

Answers color coated.
have you made it yet? like the actual suit?

Ok, so I scaled the unfold that Loess did for a 38-39" chest, and it's here

I also unfolded the belt thing from Nugget's model (it's listed as Cod) and scaled for a 32-34" waist and it's here

Those are based off of my measurements, but i'm a pretty average guy, so I think it'll work with only minor adjustments for most people.

Lemme know what you all think.

I'm going to do the Belt/Codpiece thing first, because it's simpler and will let me see if my scaling is correct (I'm still using the 5.421043 scale on Nugget's models).

Null, I just grabbed your chest file, looks great!

To add to the juicy goodness that is the resurrected HEV suit thread, here's an unfolded shin.
th_rightshin.jpg

I'll get started on the left shin next, but I only get to work on these during breaks, so it might be next week before it's done.

Loess said:

Thanks man, you did all the hard work, I just scaled it up.

Loess said:
I'll get started on the left shin next, but I only get to work on these during breaks, so it might be next week before it's done.

I'll start working on the upper and lower arms then :D

Nugget said:
Both shins are identical, so I wouldn't bother working on the other one. :)
Are the arm pieces the same way?

Then we have to figure out the undersuit...hmmmm I wonder *wanders off to go look through the other forums to steal and adapt the Mjolnir undersuit*

Loess said:
To add to the juicy goodness that is the resurrected HEV suit thread, here's an unfolded shin.
th_rightshin.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE((null).exe @ Jun 19 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks man, you did all the hard work, I just scaled it up.
I'll start working on the upper and lower arms then :D
Are the arm pieces the same way?
Then we have to figure out the undersuit...hmmmm I wonder *wanders off to go look through the other forums to steal and adapt the Mjolnir undersuit*</div>
you guys are awesome :) seriously
i just got the pepakura designer so i can scale now
what is the right scale to use? cause when i make it im thinking a dry/wet suit as an underskin like a body sock but better and foam inside some material for abdominal armour

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE((null).exe @ Jun 19 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Are the arm pieces the same way?

Then we have to figure out the undersuit...hmmmm I wonder *wanders off to go look through the other forums to steal and adapt the Mjolnir undersuit*</div>

There are some slight differences on the arm pieces, so no easy 'get out of jail free' cards this time.

Oh, and for an undersuit, I suggest some Underarmor stuff, and having foam covered in a grid-like fabric for the abdomen pieces.

Nugget said:
There are some slight differences on the arm pieces, so no easy 'get out of jail free' cards this time.

Oh, and for an undersuit, I suggest some Underarmor stuff, and having foam covered in a grid-like fabric for the abdomen pieces.
i know the stuff you mean but i dont know the name >:U
also what about shoes?
i was thinking ether plimsolls or wet suit shoes

I'd get some low-top leather work boots in a grey color, and cover them with the foam material so you can't see the laces at all. Or if you can find some slip on boots that'd be better. You wouldn't have to do anything to them. :)

Nugget said:
I'd get some low-top leather work boots in a grey color, and cover them with the foam material so you can't see the laces at all. Or if you can find some slip on boots that'd be better. You wouldn't have to do anything to them. :)
good idea :D
have you started making one yet?

omegagauntlet said:
Instead of making a separate shin guard is there a way of just mirroring or reversing image for the the other leg.
Yes. The easier method is by starting out with an unfolded pep file and from the 2DPatternWindow, click on "Flip Pattern." The downside to this is that the 3D model is now reversed. The other method begins with a pep file. If it's already unfolded, click on "Undo Unfold." Then go to 3DModelWindow --> Change Coordinates --> Flip Faces. Then proceed and unfold the file.

Ral Partha said:
Yes. The easier method is by starting out with an unfolded pep file and from the 2DPatternWindow, click on "Flip Pattern." The downside to this is that the 3D model is now reversed. The other method begins with a pep file. If it's already unfolded, click on "Undo Unfold." Then go to 3DModelWindow --> Change Coordinates --> Flip Faces. Then proceed and unfold the file.

OOH. I thought it'd be easier then that. I guess this noob will just wait for a veteran to do it.

[quote name=part 2]i know the stuff you mean but i dont know the name >:U

also what about shoes?

i was thinking ether plimsolls or wet suit shoes[/quote]

[quote name=Nugget]I'd get some low-top leather work boots in a grey color, and cover them with the foam material so you can't see the laces at all. Or if you can find some slip on boots that'd be better. You wouldn't have to do anything to them.[/quote]

Found a place online called Funtasma. They sell boots that a lot of the Stormtrooper guys use. The model Is Captain 100 and comes in black.

I know that in the below image his boots look gray, but I think that's just because he's walking through dust and ash:
half-life-2-874.jpg

In other news, I have all the pieces unfolded and scaled to my measurements. I'm linking all the files below and I'll give my measurements at the end.

Files:

Chest (45.7cm Height)

Belt (12.7cm Height)

Upper Left Arm (20.0cm Height)

Lower Left Arm (25.0cm Height)

Upper Right Arm (20.0cm Height)

Lower Right Arm (25.0cm Height)

Upper Left Leg (36.0cm Height)

Lower Left Leg (33.0cm Height)

Upper Right Leg (36.0cm Height)

Lower Right Leg (33.0cm Height)

(null).exe's Measurements:

Height: 67" (167.5cm)

Chest: 38" (96.5cm)

Waist: 32" (81.3cm)

Weight: 160lb (72.5kg)(11.4 stone(for the limeys :p))

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE((null).exe @ Jun 21 2009, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Found a place online called Funtasma. They sell boots that a lot of the Stormtrooper guys use. The model Is Captain 100 and comes in black.

I know that in the below image his boots look gray, but I think that's just because he's walking through dust and ash:

In other news, I have all the pieces unfolded and scaled to my measurements. I'm linking all the files below and I'll give my measurements at the end.

Files:
Chest
Belt
Upper Left Arm
Lower Left Arm
Upper Right Arm
Lower Right Arm
Upper Left Leg
Lower Left Leg
Upper Right Leg
Lower Right Leg

(null).exe's Measurements: