Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
so do all the odst team have the same armor ?

I know there helmets are different.

I guess rundown's helmets are the most accurate ?

unheared said:
so do all the odst team have the same armor ?

I know there helmets are different.

I guess rundown's helmets are the most accurate ?

The only different armor parts for the ODST team are shoulders, helmets, chest plates (the only one with a different chest plate is Dare).

Your standard issue ODST armor (what all regular ODST's have) is what the Rookie wears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aero Napkin said:
The only different armor parts for the ODST team are shoulders, helmets, chest plates (the only one with a different chest plate is Dare).

Your standard issue ODST armor (what all regular ODST's have) is what the Rookie wears.

ok thank you for your info

Added a banner to the first post. Gotta have a banner. Unfortunately, the site only let me post a small one without it being resized. Oh well.

EDIT:

AeroNapkin, if you could change your links for the "ODST Shoulder Sniper Plate (RalPartha Unfold)" to link for the newest shoulder (I'd call it the "Standard Shoulder") on the first post, I'd appreciate it.

Also if you could update the links for the chestplate ("Version 1 by Nightshade"), the abdominal equiptment ("Lower Center Plate," "Center Plate" and "Beltplate") and the torsos ("Smaller Neck," "Newest Torso Piece" and "HD Torso") to the links for the newest versions of the corresponding pieces on the first post, that'd be equally awesome. I just didn't want a bunch of different (often older) versions of these files floating around, just so that everyone can get the links to the newest files. The newest chestplate, center plate, beltplate, crotch plate and side plates were all unfolded by me, so that the thighs are the only newest versions of a piece which were still unfolded by Harding29.

I hope some of this makes sense. Thanks!

Shade

Sorry for the double-post, but ... MORE HELMET PICS! YAYZ!

Yeah not a TON more done, but most of the top half (or dome) of the helmet has been, for the most part, smoothed. Actually, more the sides and back of the dome.

dsc05373k.jpg

dsc05374m.jpg

dsc05372r.jpg

dsc05369t.jpg

Hope you like it!

Shade

Looking good shade! Still needs a bit more smoothing, but coming along nicely. You are doing some good work here. Keep it up!

EDIT: Objective complete. All files are up to date.

Sweet! Thanks a lot, man!

Looking good shade! Still needs a bit more smoothing, but coming along nicely. You are doing some good work here. Keep it up!

Thanks! Yeah I still need to smooth the circled-in area on both sides, but then the top of the helmet should be close to done smoothing. I'm not going for perfect though. Unfortunately I'm not as skilled with smoothing as some of the older members on the forums

(Still needs these areas smoothed on top)

I also plan to use some spot putty to hopefully fill in a few small nicks and holes, etc

Also, does anyone know someone who can get me an ODST visor? I know Rube used to make some, but I think he unfortunately decided to leave the community after some recasting business ...

Aero Napkin said:
Hey Nightshade, do you have any scaling methods for your armor?

I second that. Think the last ones you had where scaled to the actual character so it should be built for 6'0". am i wrong?

Sean bradley, and I think link makes 'em.

Thanks!

Hey Nightshade, do you have any scaling methods for your armor?

Hmmm, honestly I just sorta eyeball it with a meter stick and hope for the best.

This should help though: XtremeTactic's Pepakura Scaling Tutorial

No update for the helmet today ( :( ) cause I was at the zoooo with the monkeys ( :D ) but I have started resining the side plates:

The detail plates are just laid on, so don't freak out if I switched which piece they should be on ... I wasn't sure

Shade

WHooooOOOO NIGHTSHADE!!! YOU... ARE... THE MAN Keep up the good work bro

and LOVE THE tiny BANNER on the First POST LOL REALLY I DO!!! :)

wow its been awhile since ive looked at this thread, I was just wondering if you were still modelling? Because if you are I have a suggestion for what next.

we all know about the amazing weta shins that have been released and I was wondering if anyone has though of having a go at in game shins:

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Halo-3-S2-ODST-Soldier.jpg

http://muldoonsix.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/halo-3-odst-1.jpg

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp...rookie-macfarlane-toys-halo-odst-figurine.jpg

Yeah, havent seen a model from ya since the SCAR-H (Thanks again) btw, did you say it had to be converted from A4 to Letter?

Also, nice progress on your armor. Really like the helmet so far, and cant wait to see the finish product :p

Yeah, new shins would be nice. Yeah, yeah "Aaron, why would you want new shins when we already have the spectacular Weta shins?" Cause theyre inaccurate to the ODST game!!

And hey nightshade, is your gamertag Nightshade95, cause there's a youtube video of you in matchmaking.

Hey Nightshade, feel free to post by file hub on the front page. I'm sure people will enjoy some of the accessory files for their armor; some might not find it on the 85th page.

Anyway, I'm doing my first pep of your shoulder pieces. They're coming along great! I wish I could post pics.

And hey nightshade, is your gamertag Nightshade95, cause there's a youtube video of you in matchmaking.

Actually, as I may have said before ... I don't actually have an Xbox at the moment. So I don't actually have a gamertag. So basically no, that's not me.

Hey Nightshade, feel free to post by file hub on the front page. I'm sure people will enjoy some of the accessory files for their armor; some might not find it on the 85th page.

I'd love to, but can't I only copy your hub's text without actually including the links to it? I mean, if I pasted it, you could see the "Rundown ODST Helmet" (as an example), but not actually be able to click on it? Could you PM me your hub with the URLs in it, without the HTML tags around them?

Oh and I'm glad to hear about the shoulders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back