Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
angry_cabbage said:
does anyone want to unfold the dutch helmet?

159.jpg

The unfold is already done, and I have been told it was very good too! It's just a tough build because of the detail.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
City Static said:
How big should the shoulder pieces be? A height of 29cm seems right, but the paper is too small to print one piece.

Not sure what you mean. I'm 5'8 and I printed the shoulders at 29cm. I posted pictures a couple of pages back to show how it fit, IMO looked pretty good. The paper should be big enough to print the pieces.. if not, use the rotate feature to move the pieces around. I don't recall having to move anything though..

EDIT: NOTE, I DID NOT USE RAL PARTHA'S UNFOLD. That's probably why, sorry man looks like you might have to use a different file =\!

jareyes said:
Not sure what you mean. I'm 5'8 and I printed the shoulders at 29cm. I posted pictures a couple of pages back to show how it fit, IMO looked pretty good. The paper should be big enough to print the pieces.. if not, use the rotate feature to move the pieces around. I don't recall having to move anything though..

EDIT: NOTE, I DID NOT USE RAL PARTHA'S UNFOLD. That's probably why, sorry man looks like you might have to use a different file =!

I scaled it at 290mm Height, but there's one piece that will not fit on the paper, not matter what I do to it.

I used MrOreo123's unfold. Which file did you use?

superepic2009-07-07_22-17-53.jpg

City Static said:
I scaled it at 290mm Height, but there's one piece that will not fit on the paper, not matter what I do to it.

I believe I used heavygunner's unfold because it was the first to come out. On that unfold the piece you're talking about is split into two pieces making it fit. Definitely not as easy as ral's but it's not hard by any means.

City Static said:

The piece that won't fit on the paper you can use the divide/connect faces tool which is right next to the move tool on the toolbar to split it into two pieces and the rotate them to make it fit.

[attachment=10242:84426921-Full.jpg]*new back piece *cough

lol hey guys its been a while since i have been active around here but seeing the great progress by nightshade has motivated me..

That said i saw the whole molle vest idea and i have to say that using that is half assing it and probably a waste of money i think you all should go for the most accurate costumes..

So im sort of glad to announce that i will be taking this time to remodel and tweak my HD halo 3 Marine Chest and Shoulders to make something like the Halo 3

ODST shoulders due to there similarities ill keep yall posted

JohnnyDAZE

Tre Battle said:
[attachment=10242:84426921-Full.jpg]*new back piece *cough

lol hey guys its been a while since i have been active around here but seeing the great progress by nightshade has motivated me..

That said i saw the whole molle vest idea and i have to say that using that is half assing it and probably a waste of money i think you all should go for the most accurate costumes..

So im sort of glad to announce that i will be taking this time to remodel and tweak my HD halo 3 Marine Chest and Shoulders to make something like the Halo 3

ODST shoulders due to there similarities ill keep yall posted

JohnnyDAZE

I totally agree, that areas been causing me grief on my costume for a while, so if you could do that it would be amazing, for many people I'm sure

Well, I think I'll use the ALICE straps for looks,but I'm not sure I'll be getting a vest yet, we'll see. I was thinking of getting this bag:

http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/item-9118.asp\

I was thinking of modding the solid backpack so I can stow that inside of it. Otherwise, its military style and I can still use it and not be too out of character. I also plan, if I don't use a vest with a place, to make a compartment or pouch for my camelpack.

For th back piece:

take the SKG & crew piece nad cut out the bottom recess an it may need shortened, the rest is cardboard and bondo work.

Wow I just read all through this topic oh my...I need to get started on this. Great work on all the models. Great talent in here.

MOSHI said:
Wow I just read all through this topic oh my...I need to get started on this. Great work on all the models. Great talent in here.

indeed, im gonna get started on my pieces too.

I know everyone's been busy just pumping out as much ODST and spartan related work as possible to get ready for all the cons coming out, but would anyone mind giving fettman's V3 gauntlet a try for unfolding? I tried it myself, it's pretty complicated for a beginner like myself. This is the only piece I haven't pepped yet and honestly I think the V3 gauntlets look really good. Someone try it soon please!

Also, more specifically to nightshade since it's mainly his thread, nightshade come back soon! I wouldn't mind getting started on making that backpack too :)

I am in the process. I pretty much have my lines marked out, just need to unfold and organize all of the pieces. Will post in here as soon as it is complete. That is, unless someone beats me to it.
wink.gif

jareyes said:
would anyone mind giving fettman's V3 gauntlet a try for unfolding?

nightshade come back soon! I wouldn't mind getting started on making that backpack too :)

Backed...

and Backed...

We are Missing you here nightshade!

im just putting this out there that the sniper goggles arent the most accurate thing in the would because it is missing a smaller lens under the big one

[attachment=10497:$dstgog.png]

Okay, since jareyes asked for it, here it is. I unfolded fett man's 3rd release of his ODST Forearm. I tried to think about a size that would slip over your hand, rather making super snug. The only thing I didn't do was organize all of the pieces. But anyway, you can get it here. ODST Forearm v3

yeah its a great unfold but its kind of paper heavy is there any way we could get an unfold somewhere around 8-10 pages that is not that complicated?

Like I mentioned, the only thing I didn't have done was sorting out all of the pieces. Once the pieces are organized to maximize efficient use of each page, you could significantly reduce the number of pages. I just went ahead and posted because jareyes was asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back