Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind me asking why its indented at the back. Thanks for the file

Well, I modeled it so that the back indentation would fit smoothly onto the corresponding indentation on the side of the thigh. I would make a quick picture, but I'm gonna print and build it now, so, if it works, pics will be up soon. So hang tight ...

NICE DUDE, and thankx alot NightShade just what i needed for the ODST suits

Great to hear you'll be using that! I'm a huge fan of your thread, by the way, all the pics you post are gonna be really helpful for my own armor (pics of chestplate coming soon, still got some Bondo to do). It's not often you find such a successful multi-builder multi-suit progress thread. It's sweet to see each suit coming together at the same time!

i tried unfolding it, and it looks like it focuses on being all one piece

Could you explain this? Possibly with a screenshot? I'd like to help with any problems!

Also, here's a quick Photoshop mock-up of what I wanted my chest-plate to look like, but I'm not really happy with the main decal in the middle. I wanted something simpler and a little more iconic (like a profile of energy swords, or an animal head, etc). I really like ForgedReclaimer's icon. Something like that, so if you guys have any bright ideas, I could use that to Photoshop a better logo:

Shade

When i hit the unfold button, the 2D pattern was all one piece, it's no problem, but i just thought it was wierd. and sorry, cant give a screenshot :( and btw, i really like the Chest plate design

7Christian7chief7 said:
No, i think the ones that you are talking about are the final product.

I think there are different versions of the gauntlets you might want

to check other threads, just to see.

-cheers

I'm just sayin', up by the elbow it's wide. on the game, it looks like the opposite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, and I had just finished unfolding my own version! Oh well, I'll have a look at this one, thanks a lot Harding!

By the way, knee plate is like 95% done, will finish tonight. Torso is finished with Bondo, paintjob will either be done tomorrow or tonigh, minus all the decals. So ... sweet. I'll post some pics when they're both done. I never thought that part of armor making involved painting toothpaste onto my armor :p

Also, if anyone who hasn't would like to add your opinion to this thread, please do so this guy's armor turns out nicely: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24611

Shade

PS - Hey Aaron, I read your sig, could you show me pics of your pepped SMG please? I'd appreciate it!

k, but i was being kinda lazy. some of it is taped up, i'll fix that before i post a pic. I didnt do the stock, again cause i was being lazy, but it just looks like the stock is all the way in :D

k, but i was being kinda lazy. some of it is taped up, i'll fix that before i post a pic. I didnt do the stock, again cause i was being lazy, but it just looks like the stock is all the way in

That's fine!

-------------------------

GUESS WHAT? (drumroll please ...)

First ODST Armor Piece Finished! YAYZ!!!

Sorry this one isn't the most exciting or complex piece, but it' a start (I have a lot more pepped 'n stuff, mind you). I'm really diggin the paintjob. I'd recommend the toothpaste weathering method to anyone wanting shiny scratches, etc, fast and easy (although it looks more weathered than I had expected, but it was my first time doing this, and I'm happy). It's also got a coat of enamel glaze for a little protection and added shininess. Chestplate paintjob half-way there, maybe pics up tonight (minus the decals).

ONTO THE PICS:

kneeplatepic1.jpg

kneeplatepic4.jpg

kneeplatepic3.jpg

kneeplatepic2.jpg

Please let me know if I'm missing any screwheads or other details so I can add them.

Hope you like it!

Shade

WOW Nightshade that looks great!!

Thanks! I'm glad ya like it!

u used the fiberglass clothe right?

how strong is it with that??

Actually, instead of matting, I (*total win*) was cleaning up my dad's workroom and found (*another drumroll*) 1800 square inches of fiberglass/drywall cloth roll (three rolls of 600x2 inches). So I cut some up into 2x2 inch squares and stuck them on with spray adhesive, about two layers thick. Then resined it. It's actually quite strong, but I need to fill in the tips of the side thingys with Bondo for extra strength. It was hard to get matting into there, but nothing a little filler won't fix.

Accidentally used toothpaste on blue paint instead of silver on chestplate (on the black pouch side thingys). Fixing that, so the silver is drying. Then I gotta toothpase + black paint it again (*sigh*). But the weathering on the rest of the chestplate looks awesome. Will post pics soon.

@NightShade

i was thinking it was either matting or mesh drywall tape lol my dad has a bunch of it since he doesnt use it for work,ill have to try it out

everythings looking good cant wait to see that chest plate

Ok here's the paintjob for the chestplate (I haven't added the decals or text yet, and I might make some of the silver patches look more like bullet hole using some black washable paint).

Anyway, here's the chestplate so far:

dsc05264small.jpg

dsc05268small.jpg

dsc05267small.jpg

dsc05266small.jpg

dsc05265small.jpg

------------------

i was thinking it was either matting or mesh drywall tape lol my dad has a bunch of it since he doesnt use it for work,ill have to try it out

It's easier to use than fiberglass matting, because its easy to cut, its already sorta sticky and you don't end up having to tear out a lot of matting that didn't get enough resin, etc. I don't know if its strong enough for a helmet/thigh, but maybe with two applications, it should be.

Shade

God you guys are making it hard for me to decide what I want my next suit to be right now I don't know whether I want ODST, Reach, Space Marine, Fallout or Iron Man, Gah so many choices. I may have to make a poll just to have it put to a vote on what I'll build next

Looking great man! I have a question though..... Did you use the tape again on the chestplate? And if you have ever used mat before, does it compare to the strength of mat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back