Halo 4 costume 1st piece (scratch build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icon Props

Member DIN
S007
I just started this new build about a week or two ago.
This will be my 3rd armor project once finished (second foam build for me). The pieces may be off a little in the detail from the available imagages, but as far as I'm concerned this is my build & my artistic interpritaion of the armor. You can make yours anyway you want. :p

I'm starting off with the gauntlets.
halo4gauntlet1.jpg
[/IMG]

I ended up making 4 :cool

g4.jpg
[/IMG]

Put some paint on them, & heres what I ended up with.

gaunt3.jpg
[/IMG]
gaunt2.jpg
[/IMG]
gaunt1.jpg
[/IMG]
gaunt41.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll post up the next pieces once I get them going.
Thanks for looking
Jim (kill kill kill)

Looks awesome. hopefully in some time i can reach that level of skill =D Also, 1st post on the 405th so Hey what's up everyone! been reading lots and waiting to join for a month now, got 2 frag grenades built, a half finished paper(yup... paper Lol fail ) ODST helmet and halfway through cutting out my cardstock Hi-Def ODST helmet.

You are amazing. truely amazing. You have done some of the BEST foam work ive ever seen. you sir are an armor lord!

Absolutely stunning, stuff like this shows you don't need to sacrifice detail when you do a foam build. Brilliant bracers mate.

Added a little to it over the weekend.
Heres what I have so far. (I'm building 2 at the same time).

4-14-12-1.jpg
[/IMG]
4-14-12-2.jpg
[/IMG]
4-14-12-4.jpg
[/IMG]
4-14-12-3.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for taking a look.
Jim

I envy you so much! Your work is awesome. It must be stupidly challenging, so best of luck, although it looks like luck isn't needed when you have that much skill.

Awesome! All the little details look great.

Are you just using the standard anti-fatigue floor mats and craft foamies?

Bravo sir....this looks like one heck of a start. The detail is just great. The most impressive part, to me anyway, is how from an outside perspective, all of the pieces look as if they came right out of a mold, and built out of foam no less. Keep it up buddy, I like where this is going.

-Matt

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

To anyone just starting: the foam is fairly easy & an in-expensive way to build. The learning curve seems to happen quickly. My first foam build took place this passed December & January. Already I'm looking back at my first foam build 5 months ago & thinking how bad it is & how I could have made it much better.
The material I'm working with is just the standard 1/2" thich square floor matts & thinner sheets of the craft foam. All tied together with hot glue & covered up with primer & spay paint (krylon).

These next pics are of my 1st build from a few months ago.
Thanks
Jim

oldfoam2.jpg
[/IMG]
oldfoam1.jpg
[/IMG]

This is so awesome I don't even have any words...
By any chance did you make templates which you could possibly release?

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back