HALO 4 SCOUT full build.....stony props style by Jim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icon Props

Member DIN
S007
Most people have seen my Scout helmet. That was the just the first part to my next build. I'm taking on the the new HALO 4 SCOUT. I've learned a lot about working with foam over the last 6 months & this build is my attempt to put it all together. All the armor is being built by just looking at images on my lap top and sketching them out on paper. I have no pre printed templates or 3D models to go by, The armor is a scratch build.

Here's the helmet. This is one of my castings paited, padded, and I added a fan.

IMG_0949_zps7bab1581.jpg
[/IMG]

The next piece I wanted to take on were the shoulders. My focus is on keeping them looking accurate but even more so I want these pieces to look as seamless as possible.

sb32_zpsefe5e42f.jpg
sb31_zps419c5d38.jpg
[/IMG]

sb4_zpsf737d33d.jpg
[/IMG]

The next piece is the front of the chest. I'm having fun putting this one together.
The devil is in the detail.

sb62_zpse5a3eee0.jpg
[/IMG]

sb61_zpse0f85f04.jpg
[/IMG]

sb81_zps419eb28c.jpg
[/IMG]

sb82_zps6f6fcd15.jpg
[/IMG]

My goodness! it's beautiful! that is some incredibly good foam work. Wow, really well done. Subscribing for sure.

Since I haven't touched foam ever, I really can't understand how you people do that with foam and hell, it's even prettier than paper!

Just unexplainable skills I guess............................................................... wish i had some

Well isn't this just insane...

Saying you achieved the seamless look is beyond an understatement but my question is how? I'm sure precision cutting and glueing helps but only so much. The "seams" on yours literally don't exist haha.

Holy crapnuggets that's awesome! My brain just exploded! I need a new brain now! Bye!

But seriously, keep it up, it looks sick!

Ok so I was going to start my H4 spartan build today while I wait for weather to get better for other projects. Your work just caused me to rethink my approach. Darn it! Thank you, but *rasta fracka bracka*

Excellent foam work! It's amazing the amount of detail you can get in the armor. I'm super excited to see the whole Scout armor assembled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back