Halo 4 Venator/ Scout build by the Pip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipinacan

Hello there 405th!!!!!

I've been shunned away for a while due to air traffic control training, but recently I've come across the picture of this incredible armor design for Halo 4!

fk74mo.jpg

I mean, just look at that gorgeous creature!!! Well it's time I took it upon myself to improvise and make this bad boy for Nov. 6th, along with the very looked down upon scout helmet. I personally think it's the best looking helmet ever made from the Halo series, and I acquired this bad boy from Space a few years ago.

21lqxqx.jpg

It's gonna take a bit of sculpting, but this baby will turn into the Halo 4 scout helmet I do reckon!

I've begun making templates out of card stock using the picture of the venator armor above, but sadly can only go off of that one because there are no other pictures of the armor out currently. I'm making the right side of the armor first, and flipping all the templates over when I begin on the left side, other than that I feel I'm off to a good, but hard journey, and I hope not to disappoint any of you! I taped all of my templates crudely together, so you guys can get the overall feel as to what I'm making/ scaling. I'll begin placing them into foam form next weekend.

29nzghs.jpg

14ipgde.jpg

34zndag.jpg

I apologize for the blurry pictures, but you get the ideas

Let me know what you guys think, and as always, keep building 405th!

-Pip

Now that, is a damn cool suit! The Halo 4 suits are significantly more detailed and complex than found in the previous games, and the scratchbuilds I've seen so far are a testament to the ingenuity of the 405th, and this is definitely no exception!

And I know I've been bothering everyone else about this, but, can you possibly scan, or take a photo directly down, of each template, with a constant reference point or object? (like a ruler or even a coin) That way, the templates can be built by others as well.

Can't wait to see how this turns out, will definitely be watching this!
CJ

I really like that you took the time and effort to make the left side, then flip the templates for the right. That's going to be an amazingly detailed chest! Im also curious on how you are going to sculpt the helnet to make it look like it's from Halo 4. Good luck on your build, I'll be sure to keep myself informed on this, good work so far

Sculpting it a great way to get detail but can be very time consuming. I like it for my helmet because if I mess up all I have to do is reapply the clay and start over. No mixing resin and bondo and waiting for it to cure. Good luck on your Sculpt!

Someone please make a pep file :(

unfortunately, I'm no good at making pep files. Hopefully whenever the game comes out one will be easily accessible

Sculpting it a great way to get detail but can be very time consuming. I like it for my helmet because if I mess up all I have to do is reapply the clay and start over. No mixing resin and bondo and waiting for it to cure. Good luck on your Sculpt!

Thank you, I hope to hot run into to much trouble with it, but we'll see that when I get to it

Hows the build going?

Finally taking shape! I have had several drawbacks, look below for the start

I really like that you took the time and effort to make the left side, then flip the templates for the right. That's going to be an amazingly detailed chest! Im also curious on how you are going to sculpt the helnet to make it look like it's from Halo 4. Good luck on your build, I'll be sure to keep myself informed on this, good work so far

Thank you very much! I can't wait to finally get to work on the helmet

Your the man bro! we have to do something with our h4 suits when we are done! it would be epic!

Agreed man! We would look so epic!

Now that, is a damn cool suit! The Halo 4 suits are significantly more detailed and complex than found in the previous games, and the scratchbuilds I've seen so far are a testament to the ingenuity of the 405th, and this is definitely no exception!

And I know I've been bothering everyone else about this, but, can you possibly scan, or take a photo directly down, of each template, with a constant reference point or object? (like a ruler or even a coin) That way, the templates can be built by others as well.

Can't wait to see how this turns out, will definitely be watching this!
CJ

I'll do my best to find a scanner, please note I am going on a whim when it comes to the details on the sides though

Dear 405th,

I am poor, oh so very poor. BUT luckily enough this build is not dead and today I have hit the foam hard! I'm not done, but wanted to show ya'll what I've gotten done this afternoon! Take a look and tell me what you think!

2n71v1z.jpg

the front of the chest is about complete, I'm gonna work on the back this afternoon, which will also end up holding up the pieces over the shoulders, instead of them drooping down as they do now

23jstpw.jpg

just another shot, I do need to work on minimizing my adhesive spillage, but for right now the front will have to be fixed via plasti dip!

219zxpl.jpg

Also need to close stuff up on the sides as you can see here

ANYWHO, let me know what you think and keep building guys!

great work so far, heck i've done the locutes helm but as for body i'm sticking with mark VI.

Holy Hotdogs that's a really awesome looking torso and just from templates you made your self. Nice work on the templates and foaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back