Halo 5 Recluse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bicep pieces reworked while the last shin piece is printing. Even added some detailing lost in the original model. More progress.

Capture.PNGlkjhgfds.PNG

Noticed an error with the gauntlets regarding the definition of the circles on the side. I let them get too rounded, when the game model has some sharper edges. So i decided to add the game details to those too. Just added as many as I could.
Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

When I say complete rework of Recluse I mean it....even working on hopefully adding my in game helmet. This is the Air Assault post processing. Just gotta add the details and greebling. These game files take a lot of work.
Smoothing Back.PNGSmoothing.PNG

These game files take a lot of work.
This is why I often just start fresh. A lot of the time the game rips have surfaces that don't quite work in the real world and it's easier to add details to a fresh canvas.

I applaud anyone with the patience to rework low-poly game rips into something usable in the real world meat space.

And here is the current summary of Recluse MKII progress. Arms are complete, thighs are printing now, and its time to start modeling the chest armor.

20190507_213701.jpg

Decent update today. Got the printed parts assembled and used some XTC-3D for some smoothing.
20190512_190032.jpg20190512_190044.jpg
There is still cleanup to be done, but I put the gauntlets together for a rough look. You couldn't really see the added details in the black. But man they pop in the primer.
20190514_200303.jpg

Now that the robot is cooperating again the thighs should be done soon....hopefully

Some more progress on Mark II. The thighs are all printed and now for the chest. The goal this time was to include the power cell as one part for the back section. So I added some reinforcement to the back of the armor to hold the power cell in place. This along with some guide pins will make sure the chest holds together nicely.
Reinforcement.PNG
The first part is printing now, the part upgrade difference is awesome as always. Base game file on the right and smoothed file on the left.
Chest Compare.PNG

Files and prints are looking great! Look forward to seeing this one completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back