Halo Ce remake confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Halo HD does NOT support online competitive multiplayer, I would not be bothered by it one bit due to the fact that Reach has not even been out for a year yet and I feel that would be too soon for ANOTHER Halo online multiplayer. However, if they add the online campaign co-op, THAT would be nice. :)

If Halo HD does NOT support online competitive multiplayer, I would not be bothered by it one bit due to the fact that Reach has not even been out for a year yet and I feel that would be too soon for ANOTHER Halo online multiplayer. However, if they add the online campaign co-op, THAT would be nice. :)

Meh, I actually enjoyed exploring Blood Gulch and Death Island with all my friends. Not just Campaign.

Meh, I actually enjoyed exploring Blood Gulch and Death Island with all my friends. Not just Campaign.
Death Island?? I'm guessing that is a map for the PC version? IF the Halo CE remake does somehow get competitive multiplayer, I don't think it's going to have any of the PC maps. It will most likely contain the maps it originally came with.

Death Island?? I'm guessing that is a map for the PC version? IF the Halo CE remake does somehow get competitive multiplayer, I don't think it's going to have any of the PC maps. It will most likely contain the maps it originally came with.

Well I can dream can't I? XD And yea Death Island was a map for the PC version.

Idk, I grew up on both the PC and Xbox version. I always played the PC version because I could play with my friends online rather than it just be four of us on the TV.... hopefully 343 is smart enough and will realize how many people would like the online multiplayer. If they do in fact, make Halo HD supportive with competitive online mulitplayer, then I can see a lot more people buying it. All my friends when they think of Halo 1 is the PC version and all of us hanging out. I really don't see why they wouldn't put that option in, its the same Halo, just with more epicness.

yes, but lucs arts decided that they were still going to use the brand name, like atari
My point is, simply, that LA denied Pandemic was making it, but there's still evidence it's under development. One doesn't pay to register a trademark if they're not using it.

Similarly, 343i has denied one of their studios is making it, but the rumors are too thick to easily dispel without straight saying it's not being dev'd. Those added details about WHO isn't making it, add fuel to the fire.

All that said, I don't know if the game would be the same with no competitive multiplayer. On that note, anyone play any of the signature Custom Edition maps? (Hugeass and Coldsnap come to mind)

I'm assuming a fair amount of people saw the post on the 405th FAcebook page about the leaked photos of the Play Arts action figure that apparently Square Enix will be showing off at at E3 this year?

http://vegivo.com/2011/06/03/new-halo-play-arts-action-figures-to-debut-at-e3/

The article labels it as "Mark V" which might mean it is the armor for the Halo:CE remake.

It also looks a lot like the Mark IV from "The Package." So, there are two options. Either the article had a typographical error, and it should say IV, and this a "The Package" set of Mark IV, or it really is the Mark V for the remake, which means that the real Mark is completely dead and all it's original and cool design elements have been retconned out of existence for a cheap Mark VI knock off. :rolleyes

From the Waypoint story on the figures:
HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED PLAY ARTS -KAI- MASTER CHIEF (Envisioned by Square Enix Products) is an original take on the Master Chief based on the iconic character from Halo: Combat Evolved. The beloved character is re-imagined with sleek lines common to the sci-fi style, iconic of other Square Enix products. While the characteristics of the Master Chief remain true to the original video game, the added details and minor alterations result in delicately crafted parts with unmatched realism. The robust build adds a sense of fictional reality and massiveness present in Japanese sci-fi entertainment.

Sounds like hopefully a bunch of artistic license.

Link to full story:
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/square-enix-products-announces-new-line-up-of-halo-action-figures/57626

Sounds like hopefully a bunch of artistic license.

I hope so as well. That's a little more promising, hopefully it is just Square Enix's interpretation of what they think the Halo:CE armor should like and doesn't end up being official...

I appreciate the fact that SE is taking a look at MJOLNIR Mk. V, but it just looks too much like IV and VI for them to justify calling it V- or at least, calling it the Chief's. As we understand it, the MC always kept standard-issue armor, just like Red Team kept standard Mk. IV. These SPARTANs weren't exceptional in style, and I feel that SE modifying the Chief's look is a bit disrespectful to the character. I'm perfectly fine with figures with modified Mk. V, or adding detail to the Chief's armor, but modifying the Chief's armor just gets me.

Also, that assault rifle looks like an MA5C to me.

Not sure if anyone posted this earlier but here is 'FO SHO' confirmation. Ladies and Gentlespartans I present to you , the Microsoft E3 press invite-

haloHD.jpg

I will be clung to my TV set on monday when the Microsoft press conferance is on. "Xbox 360 : The future revealed" will be on Spike monday , June 6th at 2PM . BE THERE! lol I cannot WAIT!

Attachments

• haloHD.jpg
    haloHD.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 132
Not sure if anyone posted this earlier but here is 'FO SHO' confirmation. Ladies and Gentlespartans I present to you , the Microsoft E3 press invite-

haloHD.jpg

I will be clung to my TV set on monday when the Microsoft press conferance is on. "Xbox 360 : The future revealed" will be on Spike monday , June 6th at 2PM . BE THERE! lol I cannot WAIT!

I really didn't expect that the first thing I did this morning would be to squeal like a little girl.

Attachments

• haloHD.jpg
    haloHD.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 127
if they remake the Library level the exact same thing except in HD i will murder that level designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back