Halo Ce remake confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Halo Ce was successful because of the simplicity of the game elements and controls. Sure there were some aspects that could use some work, but as far as the playability, it was a perfect game. Those are rare especially in fps/tps games. Until Halo Ce, Wolfenstein3d, Doom, and Duke Nukem 3d were really the only games that offered that kind of simplicity. Many games lose a lot of playability by complicating the amount of input controls. I'm sure they will find a way to screw it up, unless they release it without any changes.

I don't know who would buy it when it is readily available for download all over the web as "mods".

As long as they just upgrade the graphics engine, possibly the physics engine as well, I'll be happy. But, keep it practically the same game.

I hope they don't go adding all the Reach weapons, I mean they were great in Reach but if I'm playing a remake I want it to be the same gameplay......though letting you use the fuelrod and sword is a given.

By the way that website said:
That's according to "industry chatter" reported in the new Games Master magazine, which writes that the updated game could run on the Halo: Reach engine and arrive ahead of a full Halo 3 sequel in late 2012.

If true, the remade Halo: Combat Evolved could release on the original's tenth anniversary, which falls on November, 2011.

But even if it wasn't true at the start of the rumours you know it is now...

Am I the only one who read this like a month ago? Regardless, I really wouldn't care much for a remake, especially if it's going to get in the way of a sequel to Halo 3. With ODST, Reach, and now this, it just feels like they're trying to do everything BUT make a sequel, and I for one would really like to see MC's story finished off. Still, Halo is Halo, so I guess I'd play it anyway, and probably blow another $200 on a Legendary Edition too :p

W00T!!! Might get it.....I'll probably get/afford an XBOX 360 and a new laptop just in case it comes out for PC too. Though my friend told me that there new game to be made has been leaked.....Even an official website from BUNGIE.....its called "AEROSPACE". Friend also told me its like a mixture of COD(B00000) and Halo(HELLZ YEAH).
Proof:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZMgJDAmLRyoLYGVBU4l42tNFCd_HR6d-0KoNJl6HbkxtoSAJUFw.jpg

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZMgJDAmLRyoLYGVBU4l42tNFCd_HR6d-0KoNJl6HbkxtoSAJUFw.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 162
I suppose this could have some merit to it. But as for people thinking that this is just filler and an excuse for not making a Halo 3 sequel, honestly guys, I don't want a Halo 3 Sequel.

We know that the chief was heading for some planet after freezing himself, and it should be left at that. We do not know if he is dead or alive. This is akin to a sort of "and they lived happily ever after." If you took any fairy tale that ended with the princess getting married, the story ends there, you don't want to go into their post-marital lives and see all of that, since real-life doesn't make good fiction :D

Making a sequel to Halo 3 would almost compare to MC removing his helmet and looking at the camera. And I swear, if 343 does that, I will renounce my devotion to the game!

But sure, remake the game so it looks prettier, that would be nice, The Captain Keyes in Reach looked pretty bad-ass, along with I want to see some FLOOD-MONS!!

Akademee you dont have to worry 343 has already stated they arent going to do that, cause they said it would ruin the entire story too

Why do you think people dont want to see a sequal to halo 3?Its still not over,if you saw the animated comics 343 made,and the legendary ending to halo 3 master chiefs story is not over.Theres a seemingly looming threat from the elites who feel lost cuz theyre just hunting down brutes and the rest of the remaining covenant,they have no scientists and no one to talk to their gods.It would be stupid not to make a sequal.But thats just my oppinion.

I suppose this could have some merit to it. But as for people thinking that this is just filler and an excuse for not making a Halo 3 sequel, honestly guys, I don't want a Halo 3 Sequel.

We know that the chief was heading for some planet after freezing himself, and it should be left at that. We do not know if he is dead or alive. This is akin to a sort of "and they lived happily ever after." If you took any fairy tale that ended with the princess getting married, the story ends there, you don't want to go into their post-marital lives and see all of that, since real-life doesn't make good fiction :D

Making a sequel to Halo 3 would almost compare to MC removing his helmet and looking at the camera. And I swear, if 343 does that, I will renounce my devotion to the game!

But sure, remake the game so it looks prettier, that would be nice, The Captain Keyes in Reach looked pretty bad-ass, along with I want to see some FLOOD-MONS!!

I'm agreeing with Akademee here. I would definitley like to see CE get some Reach Engine Treatment. I loved playing CE, my old Xbox however didn't. Taking Reach's character modification, and armor abilities to CE, and graphics engine, would make for a really good game imo. And it would give us fans something to enjoy while they try to complete or even work on a setup for 4. They would already have most of the work done. They would just need to reintegrate the new graphics engine and a few other program into it.

Heres to hoping that this is true, CHEERS!

I think a Halo CE rebuild would work, from the sounds of it they don't have too much time to work on this game. This means they cant put too much effort in screwing the game up. To stick to the time frame of 2011 they don't really have a lot of time to build the complete base game and add a lot of radical game elements to it, most games dont get a lot of planned elements into the game disc due to time, 343 is no different.

at most what we would be looking at for the new Halo CE is.

Armory options (makes no sense in the story line, but probably)
upgraded graphics (i hope they fine tune it a little more)
assassinations (i wonder if you could do it with the flood?)
armor abilities (maybe or maybe not, Spartan II's may not be able too. did Jorge ever use any of them?)
Original AR will return (why the hell would they replace it with another model/variant?)
possibility of another weapon or two (slim but possible)
use of FuelRod and Energy sword
hopefully an accurate story line (most other rebuilds stay true to this)
Forge im 50/50 on, could go either way but i really hope we get it.

And he ominously drifted towards the mysterious planet happily ever after? :p

I don't really think there's any debate as to whether or not there will be a sequel. The ending was most likely meant as a cliffhanger, the only question in my mind is whether Bungie intended it to be so, or if M$ stepped in with a few "suggestions".

And as for the CE remake, who knows, it may indeed be true, and hit shelves within the year, but as I already said, the Chief's storyline is far from over.

For bungie it was the end, thay never intended it to continue. But M$ wants to add more $$ to its name so they commissioned a new halo game for every year until there's so many no one wants to play halo no more.

JUST SO EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS IS NOT BUNGIE AEROSPACE, THAT IS DIFFERENT, AND NON HALO RELATED.

W00T!!! Might get it.....I'll probably get/afford an XBOX 360 and a new laptop just in case it comes out for PC too. Though my friend told me that there new game to be made has been leaked.....Even an official website from BUNGIE.....its called "AEROSPACE". Friend also told me its like a mixture of COD(B00000) and Halo(HELLZ YEAH).
Proof:

'Aerospace' will be a codename, just like Halo: 'Blue' And Halo: Recon were both codenames for Halo games (Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST respectively, I do believe).

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZMgJDAmLRyoLYGVBU4l42tNFCd_HR6d-0KoNJl6HbkxtoSAJUFw.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 145
I agree with the remake of CE, as long as its just the graphics and minor weapons upgrades everyone's suggesting. As for a sequel, I don't think it should take videogame form. To me, it would seem more logical to leave that story for the big screen. If the Halo movie ever gets back underway, I think it would be best to open it into a new storyline rather than diminish or alter the one we have already experienced. Sort of like how the plots of the Tomb Raider movies were not taken from any of the games.

It might be fake, The picture is a MK VI suit, on a halo 3 multiplayer game. Also, halo CE does not need a remake, Halo 2 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back