Halo Ds Coming Soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
I really hope you have permission from Microsoft/Bungie to be making this. Especially if you are planning to sell copies of the game. You don't want those Microsoft Lawyers on your @$$...

Other then that, looks good so far.

Microsoft and Bungie doesn't care at all.

First, it's free advertisement for them, and in a lawsuit, it costs them more money than what they gain if they win. Not worth the hassle.

Second, if they hit everysingle project with the name Halo, they'll kill their fan base, the last thing they want.

And third, just Google Halo Zero, been made years before and nothing happened ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
LastSpartan said:
Microsoft and Bungie doesn't care at all.

First, it's free advertisement for them, and in a lawsuit, it costs them more money than what they gain if they win. Not worth the hassle.

Second, if they hit everysingle project with the name Halo, they'll kill their fan base, the last thing they want.

And third, just Google Halo Zero, been made years before and nothing happened ;)

As I recall Zero wasn't made for the DS, I don't have a DS so I probably will not get to play this, although I would like to see it finished. So I will say this, know your legal loopholes and know what you can and cannot do within the bounds of cannon and characters legally.

Hey guys i made a new cover telling a bit more about the story line and changed the sprites

Cover (inspired by Halo Reach)

[attachment=13767:Halo DS Cover 2.jpg]

Wil you be doing a list of buyers soon or how wiill you go about that. You have my interest on this. Some people are thinking it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission when it comes to bungie and MS. Why not try and let them know what you are doing and see what they say? You never know it may pay off.

Ithica

Ithica said:
Wil you be doing a list of buyers soon or how wiill you go about that. You have my interest on this. Some people are thinking it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission when it comes to bungie and MS. Why not try and let them know what you are doing and see what they say? You never know it may pay off.

Ithica

Just remember that Bungie no longer owns the rights to the Halo franchise, so any decision on this will ultimately be made by Microsoft. Also, if he does sell it, and Microsoft wants revenge, he's mincemeat.

Ok I a sorry I did not mean buyers, I meant donators. I would donate some money for this free game for my daughters.

Ithica

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Just remember that Bungie no longer owns the rights to the Halo franchise, so any decision on this will ultimately be made by Microsoft. Also, if he does sell it, and Microsoft wants revenge, he's mincemeat.

Just FYI, Bungie are also obligated to tell MS of any flagrant infringements. That, I believe, is how MS came to know about Operation Chastity (after photos of our warthog did the rounds of their offices).

ODST General said:
As I recall Zero wasn't made for the DS, I don't have a DS so I probably will not get to play this, although I would like to see it finished. So I will say this, know your legal loopholes and know what you can and cannot do within the bounds of cannon and characters legally.

Just get a DS emulator. http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nds/

Oh right guys since the spartan III sprites arnt getting done fast enought i have to use spartan II in the game right now coz Spartan II's are only supposed to be unlocked in Wi-Fi after you complete the game....ive said enough

First looks

[attachment=13800:First Look.jpg]

Oh right guys since the spartan III sprites arnt getting done fast enought i have to use spartan II in the game right now coz Spartan II's are only supposed to be unlocked in Wi-Fi after you complete the game....ive said enough

First looks

[attachment=13800:First Look.jpg]

It's fine. Providing you can make some credits saying how the characters and how Halo doesn't belong to you.

Like when you watch Arby 'n' The Chief, Jon puts those credits at the end of each episode, a disclaimer you can retrieve off Bungie.net.

CoRRupt3d said:

For some strange reason, it seems that you're putting a LOT of expectations on a fan-made game, even if it's your own. Do you have any experience with the DS SDK, or are you expecting someone else to code this for you or just magically hoping it'll come together? Not to sound rude, but most game developers take at least a year to put games together, and even then they have a sizable, dedicated team that make games for a living.

It seems like you're already piecing together more advanced capabilities to this game even though besides a few screenshots that look like Halo Zero, you've got nothing to show.

Yeah, you'll be fine as long as you use the release note Microsoft has so kindly put up on Bungie.net and their own website. However, if you want to earn money from the project, I would take a full demo copy to Microsoft's offices and personally show them it and a release plan. Who knows, they may like it enough to get a partnership with Nintendo to release it.

- Adulese

PS: If you need some advise from an indy game developer, add me on MSN and let's have a chat.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
For some strange reason, it seems that you're putting a LOT of expectations on a fan-made game, even if it's your own. Do you have any experience with the DS SDK, or are you expecting someone else to code this for you or just magically hoping it'll come together? Not to sound rude, but most game developers take at least a year to put games together, and even then they have a sizable, dedicated team that make games for a living.

It seems like you're already piecing together more advanced capabilities to this game even though besides a few screenshots that look like Halo Zero, you've got nothing to show.

Yh i can do pretty advanced coding, ive been training for like a year, the reason it looks like Halo zero is coz its using the same sprites and bkground images coz i cant make my own the bottom screen is all my content

CoRRupt3d said:
Yh i can do pretty advanced coding, ive been training for like a year, the reason it looks like Halo zero is coz its using the same sprites and bkground images coz i cant make my own the bottom screen is all my content

I know you would of already thought of this and it would bring up even more issues but I would like this more if it was an FPS like the one that was being concepted (?) for the DS but Microsoft decided against it. It's graphics were almost as good as H1.

Anyway I'm sure this will be fun however you do it, keep it up and goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back