Halo Ds Coming Soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARCsaber987 said:
I know you would of already thought of this and it would bring up even more issues but I would like this more if it was an FPS like the one that was being concepted (?) for the DS but Microsoft decided against it. It's graphics were almost as good as H1.

Anyway I'm sure this will be fun however you do it, keep it up and goodluck!

That was a Goldeneye 007 DS mod, Microsoft had no plans of giving one of its biggest rivals a use of its biggest franchise, ever.

Also, 1 year isn't exactly enough to use the DS SDK effectively, and to be honest it's hard to believe the top and bottom screens you supplied even correlate with each other, but I guess we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a grammatical error, but there shouldn't be an apostrophe in "Ghost's of Onyx", and it should instead be "Ghost of Onyx"... unless you were worried about Nylund breathing down your neck over it or something.

Oh, and I think the Grunt's blood effects in Halo Zero look different than they do in the screenshots he provided. I might be wrong though, I haven't played Zero in a while.

landothespartan said:
Oh, and I think the Grunt's blood effects in Halo Zero look different than they do in the screenshots he provided. I might be wrong though, I haven't played Zero in a while.

It's the same. The only thing that isn't from Halo Zero is the lower screen, but honestly that just doesn't look legitmate. It looks more like you Googled pictures of weapons from Halo, pasted them beside a "radar", and put 2 random blue dots (why is an enemy a blue dot, or why is there a floating blue dot for no reason?)

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
It's the same. The only thing that isn't from Halo Zero is the lower screen, but honestly that just doesn't look legitmate. It looks more like you Googled pictures of weapons from Halo, pasted them beside a "radar", and put 2 random blue dots (why is an enemy a blue dot, or why is there a floating blue dot for no reason?)

Fine, how about this if i dont have a beta released by february 2010 i will eat my own balls...

LOOL

CoRRupt3d said:
Fine, how about this if i dont have a beta released by february 2010 i will eat my own balls...

LOOL

Oh yeah, LOOL UR FUNNY U SED BALLS OLOLOLOLOLOLOL

If you already have a playable level of some sort (where you "got the screenshots"), why can't you even post a video of it being played?

CoRRupt3d said:
New Sprites ARE MADE

What do ya guys think

[attachment=13880:Running Gif.gif]

No offense, but you could easily make that more detailed and still have it fit the DS, and I mean easily. Also, it looks like he's running at an angle, might want it to be a complete side view if it's gonna be a sidescroller.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
No offense, but you could easily make that more detailed and still have it fit the DS, and I mean easily. Also, it looks like he's running at an angle, might want it to be a complete side view if it's gonna be a sidescroller.

these images are 200x200 the ds is gonna be 64x64 test it urself in photoshop they look very awesome and there at an angle coz the platform is gonna be visible its not gonna be flat its gonna be tilted

Um... only a menu? That's not much of a beta, usually a beta has at least some gameplay so that testers can report bugs. Might want to at least add some part of a level so we can know just how a majority of the game will feel.

EDIT: Also, I meant the sprites should be more detailed in terms of movement as well as in terms of detail. The DS can do a lot more than you seem to be thinking.

I've got to ask, why DS? I'm not trying to be a downer but why not develop this as a PC or Flash game. If you go that route you don't have to worry about fumbling with hacked up libraries and weird hardware bugs. Plus since you won't have a dev kit or approval from nintendo as you don't own the IP you're limiting your market to people with an R4 flash kit. Again I'm not trying to put down the idea of your game because it can be a lot of fun making a game based on something you really like, but you'll have much better results on PC. Plus if you're new to games you could use something like Gamemaker to throw together a prototype.

LastSpartan said:
Microsoft and Bungie doesn't care at all.

First, it's free advertisement for them, and in a lawsuit, it costs them more money than what they gain if they win. Not worth the hassle.

Second, if they hit everysingle project with the name Halo, they'll kill their fan base, the last thing they want.

And third, just Google Halo Zero, been made years before and nothing happened ;)

Trust me. As a law student who literally just got out of his Trademarks final just hours ago, I can assure you they will care if you try using this to make any sort of money. Microsoft, the owner of all things Halo, will jump all over this. Sell it, and you can expect a letter from Microsoft's lawyers in the mail warning you of an impending lawsuit should you decide to continue selling it (we affectionately refer to these as "nastygrams"). Unless this is going to be free, it's going to be illegal. Just keep that in mind.

it looks really good! can i have acopy of the beta for my birthday in january. or maybe you could release a beta copy to all the 405th members as a christmas present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back