Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, is the Halo HD remake gonna have online multiplayer or just online co-op? Not that much use of different armor perms if no one else can see it.....

I'm definitely choosing ODST, maybe a few other helmets. You think 343 will have the same helmets in Reach? What about new ones?

Your thoughts please!

Did you notice that it's not jen taylor voicing cortana in this trailer?

I did not until you mentioned it....it goes by too fast and to briefly. I'm not going to worry too much.....yet. Voice acting is traditionally one of the last parts of the production process so it's entirely plausible that scheduling conflicts kept Taylor from doing any recording for this teaser.

I'm confused, is the Halo HD remake gonna have online multiplayer or just online co-op? Not that much use of different armor perms if no one else can see it.....

I'm definitely choosing ODST, maybe a few other helmets. You think 343 will have the same helmets in Reach? What about new ones?

Your thoughts please!

It will definitely have online multiplayer. I think they specifically said online co-op because the original didn't have it.

In the multiplayer that it does show you can see the yellow guy is wearing an ODST helmet. I can't make out what the assassin is wearing.

Going back to the whole MKVII thing...I stand by what I said about it being MKVII. The armor is clearly a newer version ( or Different version ) from Halo 3. Now this IS a teaser I remind you, it probably won't be the beginning of the game. I will say that there has to be new armor, its a trilogy...how boring would it be if he had the same old armor. As for the rest of it, I'm blown away at the quality! Voice acting is great, graphics are great....but, its a teaser. Remember Starry Night? It was a teaser, full of CG wonder, that the actual game looked nothing like. So I will say it again, I'm waiting until i see more released footage of the game before I start on any armor. But I'm like the rest of you...GIIIDDDDYYYY!!

-Will

Your thoughts please!

Did you buy Halo 3: ODST? If so, then, like Ruze said, that's what Halo Anniversary will be like. It will have multiplayer, but it will be Reach's multiplayer, just like ODST's "multiplayer" was just a disk of Halo 3 multiplayer with all the maps. The new CE maps will be added to Reach's line-up.

I'm fairly sure this is how it will work, and it seems the most plausible.

The online co-op will either just be co-op Campaign over Live, or also Firefight.

Going back to the whole MKVII thing...I stand by what I said about it being MKVII. The armor is clearly a newer version ( or Different version ) from Halo 3. Now this IS a teaser I remind you, it probably won't be the beginning of the game. I will say that there has to be new armor, its a trilogy...how boring would it be if he had the same old armor. As for the rest of it, I'm blown away at the quality! Voice acting is great, graphics are great....but, its a teaser. Remember Starry Night? It was a teaser, full of CG wonder, that the actual game looked nothing like. So I will say it again, I'm waiting until i see more released footage of the game before I start on any armor. But I'm like the rest of you...GIIIDDDDYYYY!!

-Will

I doubt it. If Halo 4 begins at the very end of Halo 3, then it's essentially impossible for him to update his armor while he's in cryo. The explanation for his Mark V to VI change between Halo CE and 2 was that he had made it back to Earth, and received a new suit (remember the intro in Halo 2? "Your new suit's a Mark VI. Just came up from Seongnam this morning")

However, I would not be surprised if at some point in this trilogy he updates to Mark VII to include future new gameplay mechanics. But not at the very beginning of Halo 4.

It will definitely have online multiplayer. I think they specifically said online co-op because the original didn't have it.

In the multiplayer that it does show you can see the yellow guy is wearing an ODST helmet. I can't make out what the assassin is wearing.

So it will have online competitive multiplayer as well as co-op online?

Yea I recognized the ODST helmet as soon as I saw it. I'm so using it. And the other helmets as well. :p You think they'll have a few new ones as well? A lot of people are asking if they helmets from reach will carry over to Halo HD. What do you think??

As for the new Halo armor, remember, it could either be the Mk.7 or the Mk.6 but newly designed. As stated before. Halo-Halo 3 same armor, different looks.

As stated before. Halo-Halo 3 same armor, different looks.

Not exactly. There was an armor upgrade between Halo: CE and Halo 2 from V to VI.

I will admit that there are some cosmetic differences between Halo 2 and Halo 3's Mark VI armor, namely the handguards.

Yes . It will have online co-op campeign AND multiplayer . I am wondering if they are pulling a Halo ODST and making it two discs . One disc that has EVERY halo reach map ever made.

Well seeing as how a lot of us are all aboard the Halo train, I decided to whip this up real quick.

It's a desktop wallpaper using an image from the first post of this thread along with another "classic" image. It's NOTHING fancy, but I love the blue color and I am using it now for myself. :p This was just slapped together, but it's pretty and simple. :)

Feel free to use. :)

http://www.4shared.com/photo/dXehPSkb/HaloAnniversaryWP.html

Anyone remember this video?

Looks like it's coming true! Get ready for Halo pregnancy tests! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Helmet comparison. You're not gonna like this:
haloce.png

I'm not crazy about the new "HD" armor version. On the bright side I won't have to remake my Mark V.

Yeah the helmet sucks, but the rest is alright. It even clips the same lol.

It also seems to be based on the original pre-CE helmet. OR It is infact that helmet and you can change it like reach found in the post 3rd down:
http://seventhcolumn.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=44042606&postRepeater1-p=140#47311876

The new helmet looks more slimmed and narrow. Don't like it. I'll be using ODST and other helmets for multiplayer thank you very much.

I won't be making this helmet. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back