Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dislike the unnecessary redesign of MC. I get that they feel the need to seperate themselves from Bungie, but still, change for the sake of change is not necessarily a good thing, and in this case I like the Mk6 variant a lot more, and I don't see them having any good excuse for canon redesign other than "aliens did it". I could be wrong though!

However, I am very excited for the improvements on the multiplayer elements, and hopefully more balanced weapons - something bungie never fully delivered on... The videos do make it seem like they're putting some effort into giving a better weapon experience, and people love their level-up skills.

Oh, and I'd love for this game to be developed for DX11, microsoft needs to let DX9 die already.

Ok , let me say this again -

Does everyone here remember when we were given a first look at Halo Reach? A TON of people said things like "I HATE the look of the new Mk. V armor ! It wasn't necessary ! How will they even tie this into the cannon ?!??! OUTRAGEOUS"
This too shall pass . A year from now , people will accept this new armor as they did all of the new Reach permutations . It may be a variation of Mark VII armor . Here is the Halo Wiki article on MK VII . Since that is confirmed AND there is a new breed of spartans , it is not unnecessary for a Armor redesign . I am thinking he will start out with MK VI and get his MK VII armor later on his journey . Here is the Halo wiki article on MK VII armor -

The MJOLNIR MK VII was an armor system mentioned by Dr. Halsey in her personal journal. It would appear to be the last planned phase of the MJOLNIR project. At the time the MJOLNIR project began, Halsey had planned on the MK VII suit featuring the following upgrades:
Next-gen fusion-plasma hybrid power system.
Atmospheric insertion systems.
Slipspace de-insertion capability.
Active AI transfer protocols.
Limited shaping of the energy shield (partial overlaps, airfoils etc.).
Atmospheric insertion would allow a Spartan to free-fall from space without a reentry vehicle such as the ODST's SOEIV, but would most likely require a drag chute or parachute. Note that reentry in MJOLNIR armor has been done several times in Halo fiction but is most likely outside both the Mark V and Mark VI design specs and has proven fatal.
Though its features and aesthetic qualities aren't mentioned in its single appearance, MJOLNIR Mark VII is worn by Naomi-010, a SPARTAN-II attatched to Kilo Five. It is mentioned as being lighter than Mark VI and is capable of upgrading itself passively when in standby. Naomi frequently removes and puts on the armor, though whether this is a requirement of its self-upgrading nature or a preference of SPARTAN-010 is unknown.

It Was confirmed by Frankie O' that the Spartan IV's wear Mjolnir MK. VII armor .

418568_377655018921125_100000298895579_1416024_968842640_n.jpg

I do want to see what the whole "The Red spartans will have a reason to fight the Blue spartans" thing is . I want to see how they incorporate that into the cannon . Speaking of Spartan Four's , The Halo wiki now has a Spartan IV page!

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-IV_Program

This is EXACTLY what Frankie O' was talking about when he said that Glasslands would relate to Halo 4 .

Just my two cents ,

Jacob

I like the new look of the multiplayer armor. Looks very cool.

That and the Spartan-IV.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did they say that we'll be able to see Master Chief's superhuman abilities?

I gotta say, if 343 continues down this road, I have very high hopes for Halo 5 and 6.

I never liked the Reach look compared to the H3 look, even now. It's low scifi vs high scifi, especially obvious when you look at the weapon designs. Both are fine, just my preference is for that sleek look of high scifi. Other people might prefer the reach look, and that's fine with me.

I wasn't too clear on the superpowers thing either. It sounded like either they wanted to give a challenge to his superhuman powers, or that they'd be shown further (although we already got a pretty good idea of them so far) Either case would be neat to see though.

A little update-

It is now confirmed that Halo 4 takes place about 5 years after Halo 3 .

-Jacob

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to hear 343 give an official explanation on why Spartan-IV's are fighting each other in multiplayer.

"SPARTAN-IV supersoldiers will be featured in Halo 4 as customizable multiplayer characters. Unlike in previous games, there will be an in-universe explanation for why SPARTAN-IVs are fighting one another."

http://www.halopedian.com/SPARTAN-IV_Program

I can't wait to hear 343 give an official explanation on why Spartan-IV's are fighting each other in multiplayer.

"SPARTAN-IV supersoldiers will be featured in Halo 4 as customizable multiplayer characters. Unlike in previous games, there will be an in-universe explanation for why SPARTAN-IVs are fighting one another."

http://www.halopedian.com/SPARTAN-IV_Program

I really really like this idea . It's nice to finally bring the fiction into multiplayer !

Ok, so this is kind of off topic, but since the Spartan 4's are normal human adults... doesn't this mean that ANYONE can be a Spartan now? Because in the previous Spartan projects, you had to have "Superior genetics," (Spartan-2's) or kids due to them still going through puberty (Spartan-3's)? (ONI had hoped that they'd be able to advance the program so that EVERYONE could be a Spartan).

And I wonder if ALL Spartan 4's wore Mk. VII armor. The only reason why I question that is due to how much the armor costs, and the only Spartans 3's to recieve Mjolnir was Noble Team due to Kurt-051 pulling some strings, while the rest got SPI armor. Do the Spartan-4's get the latest SPI armor?

Anyway, I can't wait for Halo 4. It's a shame that its already being ripped on when the game hasn't even come out yet. How about we give 343 the benefit of the doubt, and just appreciate that their keeping Halo alive for us. Sure, the armor is very retro, very new looking. Do I like it right off the bat? No. Will I ever like the way the armor looks? Maybe. Is that a legit reason to hate the game? No.

I just hope that we as Halo fans can love the game for what it is. Although the game hasn't come out obviously, I don't feel that its fair to start pointing out the game's flaws when we haven't even seen much of it. I support 343 all the way, and I am VERY pleased to have Halo being kept alive. I'll play this game, just because its Halo.

Ok, so this is kind of off topic, but since the Spartan 4's are normal human adults... doesn't this mean that ANYONE can be a Spartan now? Because in the previous Spartan projects, you had to have "Superior genetics," (Spartan-2's) or kids due to them still going through puberty (Spartan-3's)? (ONI had hoped that they'd be able to advance the program so that EVERYONE could be a Spartan).

And I wonder if ALL Spartan 4's wore Mk. VII armor. The only reason why I question that is due to how much the armor costs, and the only Spartans 3's to recieve Mjolnir was Noble Team due to Kurt-051 pulling some strings, while the rest got SPI armor. Do the Spartan-4's get the latest SPI armor?

Anyway, I can't wait for Halo 4. It's a shame that its already being ripped on when the game hasn't even come out yet. How about we give 343 the benefit of the doubt, and just appreciate that their keeping Halo alive for us. Sure, the armor is very retro, very new looking. Do I like it right off the bat? No. Will I ever like the way the armor looks? Maybe. Is that a legit reason to hate the game? No.

I just hope that we as Halo fans can love the game for what it is. Although the game hasn't come out obviously, I don't feel that its fair to start pointing out the game's flaws when we haven't even seen much of it. I support 343 all the way, and I am VERY pleased to have Halo being kept alive. I'll play this game, just because its Halo.

I think that could be a possibility . I would love to see SPI armor in-game . Like Frankie O' said , they are taking fiction that has been published by other means of media and actually tying it into the game!

All i gotta say is they better not disappoint as far as the legacy of the game goes. A lot of times when new dev's come in a game it can turn to crap or it can take turns that would even make COD and BF3 players go wow, but all we can do is wait, get our armor ready for the release and wait in line for our copies :D

like i said halo 4 is based on him arriving at onyx

Onyx was "destroyed" at the end of Ghosts of Onyx . Ok so , it wasn't "destroyed" , The planet broke apart into trillions of Forerunner Sentinels, leaving a small Dyson Sphere. So , it couldn't possibly be Onyx .

HBO found this on the 343 forums, doesn't sound promising. - Doesn't have a source yet either so it may be misinformation.

Ladies and gents i'm uncertain as to whether or not this thread is still alive or not but having read glasslands and from the information i have gathered from my girlfriend having read the first half of the forerunner saga, Onyx was not destroyed, but at the same time H4 does not take place on Onyx but on a shield world simmilar to it. The remaining S3's and S2's are still alive along with Mendez, Halsey and an active S2 that ONI procured and a S2 drop out that is now a spook. so to even the odds on the story i'd say that you start out fighting rogue covenant forces. Also might i add, at the end of glasslands someone/thing attacks Sanghelios, so that may be where the enemy comes from.

Either way don't hate the game, the armour while it doesn't look as awesome as the Mjiolnir did when we all first say it still looks kick-ass, plus there'll most likely still be the MK. V and VI to go along with the new VII armour, so lets wait and see.

Ladies and gents i'm uncertain as to whether or not this thread is still alive or not but having read glasslands and from the information i have gathered from my girlfriend having read the first half of the forerunner saga, Onyx was not destroyed, but at the same time H4 does not take place on Onyx but on a shield world simmilar to it. The remaining S3's and S2's are still alive along with Mendez, Halsey and an active S2 that ONI procured and a S2 drop out that is now a spook. so to even the odds on the story i'd say that you start out fighting rogue covenant forces. Also might i add, at the end of glasslands someone/thing attacks Sanghelios, so that may be where the enemy comes from.

Either way don't hate the game, the armour while it doesn't look as awesome as the Mjiolnir did when we all first say it still looks kick-ass, plus there'll most likely still be the MK. V and VI to go along with the new VII armour, so lets wait and see.

SPOYLURZ!!!!! :D

According to Glasslands, Onyx provided a portal into another Dyson sphere, where Halsey, Mendez and the Spartans have been deposited. Rouge Squidly forces band together against the Arbiter's group and try to cleave the dissent into a civil war among the sangheili, part of which was due to Parangosky and ONI (those thieving, cheating bastards...) and their involvements on Sangheilios.

Keep in mind, that while the Covenant seems broken, ONI wants to eradicate any leftover resistance and reestablish a new age of imperialism among the galaxy. The rouge group of Squidlies do wind up attacking, and taking out the Human who learned how to speak in their language and customs.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back