Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWolfStudios

Hey everyone!
I'm very new to Halo Cosplay, so I figured I would want to start with something relatively easy and comfortable to wear. BUT, I also wanted something equally eye-catching and cool. I have heard that "soft suit" characters are rarely seen in this cosplaying community, Halsey being one of them. I knew I couldn't pull off her current age without a bunch of FX makeup, so I thought I could do the Halo Legends version of her. I remember when I first watched Halo Legends, and I thought it was so cool!
Anyways, I started this thread for a few different reasons. First to announce that Halsey is in my "cosplans" for 2019. Second, to post references that I have and to ask for any advice that any of you may have regarding on how I should approach this build. Third, to post "work-in-progress" pictures once I finally get started on the build. And lastly, this thread will be here for anyone else who would like to cosplay the Halo Legends version of Dr. Halsey, as I searched the forums and found nothing regarding cosplaying this character.

Thanks for stopping by! I would like to invite you to please share any advice, knowledge, references, links, patterns, comments, etc. that you may have that could help me out with this project. I will include reference pictures that I currently have.

EDIT (11/14/18) : I am able to sew by hand and with a machine. If my sewing experience was labeled as a Halo Campaign difficulty, I would call it just barely "Normal".
cca7039ef53cc19aad94446c1772a390.jpg

Last edited:
StarWolfStudios welcome to the 405th.........."Soft Suit"........Translation: Sewing. Let me first be myself by answering your question w/ a question. Have you ever made a primarily cloth costume before? Very different skill set is needed as well as tools......primary tool being a sewing machine and a dummy. And no......I don't rent myself out (That's for Team OTR). I unfortunately know very little other than to hand stitch whatever I've needed in the past to some small degree, Other will be chiming in, just be patient. OR....check out the new sewing tutorial HERE. As always, Team OTR will be lurking in the background waiting to pounce and abscond w/ you thread for a while.....then return it under threat of a wet noodle attack from FANGS.....good times........

StarWolfStudios welcome to the 405th.........."Soft Suit"........Translation: Sewing. Let me first be myself by answering your question w/ a question. Have you ever made a primarily cloth costume before? Very different skill set is needed as well as tools......primary tool being a sewing machine and a dummy. And no......I don't rent myself out (That's for Team OTR). I unfortunately know very little other than to hand stitch whatever I've needed in the past to some small degree, Other will be chiming in, just be patient. OR....check out the new sewing tutorial HERE. As always, Team OTR will be lurking in the background waiting to pounce and abscond w/ you thread for a while.....then return it under threat of a wet noodle attack from FANGS.....good times........

Hey there! I have made a costume that required primarily sewing before and I do have a sewing machine. (I probably should have mentioned that earlier.)

Ok way ahead of the game then. I know squat about sewing machines.....despite actually having 2 of them.....I just never got around to learning how to use them.

Ok way ahead of the game then. I know squat about sewing machines.....despite actually having 2 of them.....I just never got around to learning how to use them.

Haha, no worries. You definitely should sit down and learn to use those machines sometime though. Sewing is a very useful skill to have in my opinion.

I tried.......now it's not a matter of the old dog and new tricks......I'm still learning to perfect my Pep and Foamsmithing skills. Also I just don't have the time.......

Hey everyone!
I'm very new to Halo Cosplay, so I figured I would want to start with something relatively easy and comfortable to wear. BUT, I also wanted something equally eye-catching and cool. I have heard that "soft suit" characters are rarely seen in this cosplaying community, Halsey being one of them. I knew I couldn't pull off her current age without a bunch of FX makeup, so I thought I could do the Halo Legends version of her.
View attachment 262288

not to mention you would have to loose an arm XD

im excited to watch your progress! good luck!

Ever since I first read the books WAAY back when, Dr. Halsey has always been abhorrently manipulative and very brilliant, which makes it hard for me to like her, personally. However, I love the way the Spartans revere her and the interaction between them as characters. It's exciting to see someone duplicate the character, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Ever since I first read the books WAAY back when, Dr. Halsey has always been abhorrently manipulative and very brilliant, which makes it hard for me to like her, personally. However, I love the way the Spartans revere her and the interaction between them as characters. It's exciting to see someone duplicate the character, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Thank you sir! I appreciate the support. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back