Halo Movie Back In Development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
xalener said:
Why the f*** did they choose that script?

1: It's leaked and old. Everyone knows what happens.

2: It's NOT the fall of reach

3: The script SUCKED. BAD. Cortana was written like a 4 year old little girl and the chief was written like a jive talkin drug dealer.

Do you HAVE to be so negative? Remember, EVERY movie adaptation from a book has usually undergone major mods. If not always. Plus, Bungie was just trying to make a FPS, not a series storyline at that point. Of course it would be rough. I'me sure the storyline will get a revamp for the better. And honestly, CE had the best surprise of all storylines, and I wouldn't doubt that they would combine elements from halo 2 and 3 all into 1 movie. Movies flow a lot differently than games, if this goest hrough, it'll be epic...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigma-LS said:
I wonder if they're going to use the Mk V design...I hope they do but my gut says they won't.

Considering everything currently being made by 343 studios and other affilates that are set before Halo:CE use the Halo 3 armor design, or a slightly modified version of it (The vast majority of the Halo Legends Shorts, Spartan:Black, et cetra), the movie armor will mostly likely be based on the Halo 3 Mark VI armor. Sure, they have retconned things like Spartan:Black to say that the armor was a prototype, or what have you, but they do that to appease the people like us who know too much for their own good. The real reason is that the general public has a short attention span. They only recognize the Master Chief as the most recent version they have seen, in this case, the Halo 3 Mark VI. It's kind of sad really, Halo:CE isn't even that old, but it and its design element's are already brushed aside in the realm of the public consciences. It's really not even just the general movie going public whose only exposure to Halo is pop culture references. There are plenty of people on Bungie.net, and even here, sites meant to be devoted to an in depth look at the games, that don't recognize the Mark V.

I really hope they put the $$s and effort into this they should. It has so much potential to be one of those epics. Either epic win, or epic fail, I don't think there is any room in between. My thinking is that they will go with something more like the Reach armor, it has been Bungie's last word, hence "most" canon. We shall see. I know I will go see it no matter what.

Brandon McClain said:
I really hope they put the $$s and effort into this they should. It has so much potential to be one of those epics. Either epic win, or epic fail, I don't think there is any room in between. My thinking is that they will go with something more like the Reach armor, it has been Bungie's last word, hence "most" canon. We shall see. I know I will go see it no matter what.

I have no doubt that there will be large budgets involved...

However, there have been many video game adaptations to movies, as well as books, and I am sorry to say that a great deal of them have failed pretty hard. I'm going to wait for an official announcement and I am going to leave my 2 cents at the door... for now.

The only thing I can see going wrong with it is that they can either give WAY too much exposition, which would get boring to hard-core halo story fans, such as myself, and not do he action involved with SPARTAN IIs justice.

Or, they could take the more likely approach and turn it into a drop into action, guns blazing, what the hell was that!, 'splody fest with no story line or character development, or as I like to call it, the Mikey Bay Approach. It would then alienate new comers to the halo franchise and although the movie might be awesome to US, other people would just write it off as a 'splody movie like Transformers.

And that, my friends, is not how I want Halo to go out.

This is quite the balancing act they have on their hands, I hope they do well!

Aaron said:
HAHAHAHAHA! Quit jokin' around. Oh you were serious, lemme laugh even harder HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Real fans read the books. Awesome side stories.

I'm still working my way to hardcore nerd status, books are part of it.

YAY but NAY.

I like that there is a halo movie in the works again, but I wish It had nothing to do with Master Chief, or the halo 1 plot AT ALL. Sure it would be fine with subtle references to halo 1, BUT NOT THE WHOLE THING REWORKED INTO A MOVIE!

It wold be better if it were an account of the Marine/ODST side of the whole thing, not necessarily on a halo.

I'll still watch the movie, but I have my reservations.

sigma id like your version of the halo movie with the spartans from that concept art.

in my mind i think we should have a halo movie with the spartains right in the action. i liked how halowars did that had its own story but had enough good cutscenes that made me want to keep going. if reach is a good as telling a original story much like odst did. maybe they rewrote the story again. i can picture a huge new halo story involveing the spartains and covies... no flood because that would not be the greatest. hell i would love to see something with forrunner and whatnot but i do not know. i can picture an action packed halo movie in my head.

but the thing is sometimes halo games show the tendancy for new things each game. anyone can pick them up and play. i know some people dont even know the story. hopefully this movie will show hard core fans and new fans that even when you know nothing about the halo universe or if you know alot about it you can get a story that is good across all mediums.

ill watch the movie.. i was scepticle of halo legends.. i didnt like 3 of the films in it. but the cgi 117 with fred and linda, aswell as the one from 1337 was funny. i would not mind a cgi film.

they have said so many times that they were going to make a movie and then sitting on there money saying that they dont have any. So hopefully this time its real

CrunchbiteNuva said:
can't help but think if they did "Fall of Reach," it will be like a sci-fi version of 300

"A new age has begun, an age free of alien oppression, and all will know, that 30 Spartans...gave their last breath to defend it!"

"Spartans! Lay down your weapons! Covenant...come and get them!"

"Elites, we put their name to the test."

"Come back with your MJOLNIR, or on it"

"THIS IS REACH!!!"

Stop me at anytime :p

I love 300 :D

All I can say is that I hope the movie is in production and moving forward because I REALLY want to see this movie get made! Last thing I heard was that Steven Speilberg was taking over and was working out negotiations with M$ since Peter Jackson and that other guy that directed District 9 called it quits on the Halo movie. I haven't heard anything since until now.

i dont know i hope they keep Neill Blomkamp i loved his work on district 9 and they sure made a heck alot of money they got back what they put into in the first weekend

Well hopefully it's true. My Dad and I were actually talking about this not too long ago, he said if they really did make one he'd go and see it. Scary thought.

Anyways, chances are if it's in good hands, it will be a kickass movie. But all it takes is one bad idea to ruin the whole thing.

Hey you guys know what? There's a sham going on right under our noses! I'll bet Lee has secretely making weapons for Weta this entire time, and we didn't even know it! I'll bet he's actually a Weta spy, sent here to make sure we N00bs keep in line, let us know who's boss, and show off his superhuman creations.

WE'RE ON TO YOU LEE!

Haha Sorry, I couldn't resist. :pWe all love you Lee, some of us mortals are just a tad jealous is all.

I firmly believe that any true Halo fan will enjoy the movie regardless of what most other fans may say about it. The movie may end up being a bit lacckluster, but then again, we've seen what Weta, and a few months in the hands of Neill Blomkamp can do. The LandFall short was epic beyond belief, and I still watch the HD trailer on my xbox from time to time. I think we will truly appreciate whatever eventually makes it's way on screen.

I really hope this movie gets made. They should definitely include some stuff from "The Flood" that wasn't seen in-game. (Marine getting curb-stomped by a hunter for instance) :D

If it does get made, they better damn well use some eye-bursting ass-demolishing animation. I don't want to wait 2 years to watch some guys in alien costumes...

Dude it would be so awsome if they used 405th for props.........cuz i hate to brake it to Peter Jackson but we have had WAYYYYY more experience with Halo armor/prop making.......am i right?

HarvestRecruit said:
Dude it would be so awsome if they used 405th for props.........cuz i hate to brake it to Peter Jackson but we have had WAYYYYY more experience with Halo armor/prop making.......am i right?

Hooah! Damn strait soldier. Hey, if Bungie knows of us, anything is possible :)

LT. Ty said:
Marine getting curb-stomped by a hunter for instance...

Now what would that really bring to the Halo universe, other than irrelevant violence?

This isn't a God of War movie...

mustang2500 said:
If it does get made, they better damn well use some eye-bursting ass-demolishing animation. I don't want to wait 2 years to watch some guys in alien costumes...

On the contrary, practical effects are usually more realistic. The Uruk Hai wouldn't have been nearly as terrifying if they were CG...

I prefer a movie with practical effects to CG. I mean, think of the most truly great movies you have seen. The epics. Gladiator, The Patriot, Last Samuray, etc. Or not in the war genre like Italian Job etc. Practical effects with little or no CG. Thats the way to go. I mean if the guy from Kre-8.com can do a sick elite for sub 7k, you know it will work in a movie. And how much does it cost for us to do a sick MKV or VI once the mold is done? My two cents anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back