Halo Reach Elite Sculpt (Well Hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing work! The detail is absolutely incredible, even with just the base coat. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Dude that looks sick!!! I am so impressed with this build its making me want to try a sculpt now and I have so many things I want to do on my list. If I can trick my wife into letting me go for a latex build with full animatronics then I might follow your master piece and do an elite too. I have been learning all about arduino boards to control servos over on RPF and have some ideas on how to have the extended jaws/mouths on head pieces move. If you are interested check here for the noobs guide to servo controlling. It's not complete as a guide but there is enough info to kick start people into learning it for them selves.

Thank you sir! Glad you're still watching this :)

I hope so and thank you my good man!

I will be using the Acrylic, thinned with water. Turns out, I only needed the airbrush.

Thank you Sir! Hopefully some color will make it look more acceptable.

Thank you Matt! I hope I can tie it all in. Keeping my fingers crossed on the paintwork. I’ve only used an airbrush once before on something simple.

Thank you Thorn! Much appreciated.

Welll, here is a quick update and sneak peek of the paint job. I still have a lot of work left and this is currently the base colors only. I still need to figure out how to do the eyes, but I wanted to let everyone see where it is currently headed. Enjoy!

455C679F-3D76-40B8-9832-DE7B7FE27082-6999-0000079AC7D23274.jpg

EAE512DE-A3D7-4787-9DE4-690AC5F905D3-6999-0000079ACDE67E8A.jpg

7FD5307B-92FF-4CB6-98AE-B96D15029C7E-6999-0000079ABED7AAF5.jpg

Well, I hope you all like this last update and Hopefully the next one can be a finished piece.
-Tony

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! blackula you have replicated an elite! it looks just like the reach pep model i have!. its exelent!

Drool......... how did you get a model to have that muscular texture to it, and be so perfectly organic at that? it actually looks like facial muscles...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welll, here is a quick update and sneak peek of the paint job. I still have a lot of work left and this is currently the base colors only. I still need to figure out how to do the eyes, but I wanted to let everyone see where it is currently headed. Enjoy!

-Tony

The best way to do the eyes for a static display would be to use glass taxidermy eyes. I went looking and discovered several cool (and slightly disturbing) eyes. Not too expensive either at under $5 apiece. http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/Eyes-C2.aspx

Beautiful work. Just outstanding.

Redshirt

Oh my god Tony, that looks absolutely spot-on!! Very, very envious....I just look at it and keep smiling. Simply amazing. Keep up the phenomenal work buddy!!

-Matt

Looking good!

Thank you Sir!

Amazing work! The detail is absolutely incredible, even with just the base coat. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks my man, I appreciate the comment. I can’t wait either.

Dude that looks sick!!! I am so impressed with this build its making me want to try a sculpt now and I have so many things I want to do on my list. If I can trick my wife into letting me go for a latex build with full animatronics then I might follow your master piece and do an elite too. I have been learning all about arduino boards to control servos over on RPF and have some ideas on how to have the extended jaws/mouths on head pieces move. If you are interested check here for the noobs guide to servo controlling. It's not complete as a guide but there is enough info to kick start people into learning it for them selves.

Thank you Sir and You should definitely try it! With your talent, I’m sure it would be great! One of these days, I would like to try the whole animatronics deal too.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! blackula you have replicated an elite! it looks just like the reach pep model i have!. its exelent!

Thank you, that’s what I was going for. Hopefully I can get this finished up soon. Unfortunately I broke the glass paint reservoir and haven’t been able to make it to the art store for a new one. This weekend I’ll give it a shot. Thanks again my man!

That looks amazing!
Thank you Sir! Means a lot.

It Lives!!! amazing work, when those eyes are done it's going to look amazing.

Thank you! I hope so. I may take Redshirts advice and to the Taxidermy eyes. I found some cool looking ones on his link.

Drool......... how did you get a model to have that muscular texture to it, and be so perfectly organic at that? it actually looks like facial muscles...

Thank you so much for noticing. I did a lot of research and just kept sculpting till I was happy with it. Reference photos of animals helped me a lot. Visualizing how the creature would realisticaly move was also a big help. Again, thank you.

this should be a motivational poster. you have skin textures and do i see a vein? awesome dude you sir are a talented one

Thank you and yes, I slapped a couple veins in the sculpt :)

The best way to do the eyes for a static display would be to use glass taxidermy eyes. I went looking and discovered several cool (and slightly disturbing) eyes. Not too expensive either at under $5 apiece. http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/Eyes-C2.aspx

Beautiful work. Just outstanding.

Redshirt

Thank you Redshirt, means a lot. Also, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’m going to try and source some cool looking eyes. Sourcing large enough eyes will be the biggest issue, but I like the site you showed me. Thank you for your help and thanks for the kind comments my friend.

Thats one bad ass elite

Thank you!

The Sangheili sculpt looks incredible!

I appreciate the kind words buddy.

Oh my god Tony, that looks absolutely spot-on!! Very, very envious....I just look at it and keep smiling. Simply amazing. Keep up the phenomenal work buddy!!

-Matt

Thank you Matt, I’ll try to. I appreciate the kind words and thank you for following the thread. It means a lot to read the kind words people have written. Very inspirational.

I really don't know what to say.

Wow.

Thank you, what you said was perfect. Makes me think im doing something right. :)

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. It truly does mean a lot. Hopefully I’ll have a completed model to show. With that said, everyone have a great New Years. See you in 2013!

-Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap! I saw the thank yous to all the comments and thought people were still commenting on the sculpt. I had to go back a few pages to see that you posted pics of the base paint job, and oh man am I glad I caught that! It is looking sooooooooooooo awesome! Keep up the good work, your skill set seems to have no limit.

Paint looks awesome so far. I'll even go as fair as saying most would call it done at this point.

Now I know artist of your caliber call this a base coat, paint job. Which should tell everyone how EPIC this will be when done. I'll even go so far as saying that the "WOW" factor on this piece is just out of this world. :cool You never let us down on your projects and thank you for sharing your work with us. :D

My jaw dropped when I read that this is just the base coat. I cannot way to see what the final product will look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back