Halo Reach Kat - Foam Armor *FINISHED* 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just as I thought............still NO package so that means I am now dropping this project. I have no reason to finish it. By this time next year, I will want something different. Not even sure if we are going out for my birthday tomorrow now or not.

Very sorry to hear that :( , you sure theres no tracking number you can check then go pick it up in person? No other Cons you can use your suit for? Come out to Comic Con with us! Overall great work, keep it up on whatever project you start next...

BTW, Happy birthday :)

Very sorry to hear that :( , you sure theres no tracking number you can check then go pick it up in person? No other Cons you can use your suit for? Come out to Comic Con with us! Overall great work, keep it up on whatever project you start next...

BTW, Happy birthday :)

I wish we could go to other cons, but we can't afford to leave the state for any of that stuff. I've never even left the state of michigan. Also, there is no tracking number either. :( Even if there was, I doubt I would be able to make the trip because we don't exactly have the best transportation. Our t-bird is having problems and we can't afford to fix it so we try not to drive the thing. My husband only drives it to and from work.

Don't know what to say.

But why don't you finish it and then, if you really don't want it, sell it? At least you could buy yourself something nice for your birthday instead of looking at a reminder all the time of where you couldn't go.

I am sorry to hear that too :( but I hope you have a good birthday.
Happy Birthday......
I love your work and you should finish that for whatever day that will come around.

Someone would buy that from you for sure. Hell, Id buy it from you for my wife if I had the cash right now. Finis it. Sell the whole suit if you dont want it. Look at Ebay and see how much a nice full suit is going for...

I think you should finish it. Even if you don't wear it for the con you can do one heck of a photo shoot and then use photoshop to add covie cruisers. Its just a thought. But I would hate to see you quit, there's not many chicks on here and we got to show them we can make good armor (even though I'm not making halo armor this year). So please try and finish it because so far its looks so good.

Been watching this for awhile decided to say something. Having expierence making costumes and wearing them to cons I gotta say you should keep going and finish this build regardless of whether or not you'll finish in time for this years con.

First reason is because you put your time and effort into it, if you give up this easily it shows that you'll always give up easily. I don't think thats a really good image. Second reason is regardless of whether you'll want something different for next year it is ALWAYS good to have a back up costume because sometimes, as you've learned this time around, we don't get what we want done the first time. It would be a bit disheartening to know that you quit now especially seeing how well your progress has been.

A good soldier never runs away from a tough battle.

Wow, sorry to hear about the package not arriving, but I hope you can still have a great birthday!! I hope you do continue this build t0o, it looks great!

quick question: were you only going to wear it once in the first place?!?! it seems rather- wasteful, especially with all of the fine details and work thus far. i wore my odst costume so much that i actually broke most of the pieces. i was really disheartened when that happened, then i came upon this thread, and you inspired me to remake my odst. i'm doing it out of foam because your work has turned out so well! this is a piece you should wear for the sh**s and giggles of it, not just for one con..
and it would be a good idea to sell it if you aren't going to wear it. try undercutting all the other complete suits on ebay for selling it for a little bit more than it took in materials, that way you have capital for the next build.

quick question: were you only going to wear it once in the first place?!?! it seems rather- wasteful, especially with all of the fine details and work thus far. i wore my odst costume so much that i actually broke most of the pieces. i was really disheartened when that happened, then i came upon this thread, and you inspired me to remake my odst. i'm doing it out of foam because your work has turned out so well! this is a piece you should wear for the sh**s and giggles of it, not just for one con..
and it would be a good idea to sell it if you aren't going to wear it. try undercutting all the other complete suits on ebay for selling it for a little bit more than it took in materials, that way you have capital for the next build.

Yes, I had planned on wearing it just this once to this con. I'm not one to wear this out for sh**s and giggles because I would feel weird being all alone. If I had a group of friends to hang out with, I might do it then, but I don't so I'm not. I have only ONE con once a year that I get to go to. I might wear it for halloween and just sit around the house in it, but that would be kind of lame because nobody would see it. So who knows what is going to become of this project. I don't really have much of a use for it. I just wanted to enjoy my birthday present and dress up while doing it. :(

Why don't you just use it minus the helmet?

I am missing more than just the helmet though.

See if your local Children's hospital has program where you can visit as a favorite video game character to cheer up some sick kids. Believe me, it's well worth wearing just for the smiles that you will get when they see you enter that room! You can also help out with the Toys 4 Tots toy drive at your local Toy's R' Us...they seem to get more donations when movie/game characters are there.

See if your local Children's hospital has program where you can visit as a favorite video game character to cheer up some sick kids. Believe me, it's well worth wearing just for the smiles that you will get when they see you enter that room! You can also help out with the Toys 4 Tots toy drive at your local Toy's R' Us...they seem to get more donations when movie/game characters are there.

i agree, i wore a friends vacuformed storm trooper armor to a charity event for kids that have terminal cancer, best thing ever, it will make you feel good as well as cheer up the kids

Come on, you go all the way out to Novi for a con and not bother with one just down the road from you?
MCC isn't the only local con, there's one at the Crowne Plaza Detroit Metro Airport in Oct 7-9. ConClave 36 is a general science fiction convention that would be a lot more fun than MCC, from what I've seen of it. One day at a con is hardly worth the effort to get there unless you're going out there to get something or meet one of the guests.
Here's the info on the con http://www.conclavesf.org/cc36/index.htm
btw I'm up around merriman & palmer if you're interested :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, you go all the way out to Novi for a con and not bother with one just down the road from you?
MCC isn't the only local con, there's one at the Crowne Plaza Detroit Metro Airport in Oct 7-9. ConClave 36 is a general science fiction convention that would be a lot more fun than MCC, from what I've seen of it. One day at a con is hardly worth the effort to get there unless you're going out there to get something or meet one of the guests.
Here's the info on the con http://www.conclavesf.org/cc36/index.htm
btw I'm up around merriman & palmer if you're interested :)
Well, I clicked the link, but it doesn't seem to be all that big. And you say you're at merriman and palmer? Ever go to the Taco Bell at merriman and cherry hill during late nights? XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I clicked the link, but it doesn't seem to be all that big. And you say you're at merriman and palmer? Ever go to the Taco Bell at merriman and cherry hill during late nights? XD
I haven't been in a Taco Bell in a long time, day or nite and my bike's not set up for nite riding so I don't think I'd be going up there until I got some lights :)

While looking up some more info on this foam I found this site, sections 3,5, and 7 have info relating to general cutting, construction and finishing. Section 7's finishing info will let you get a smoother, more 'hard shell' look to the foam while filling in any little seam issues. :)

Don't give up Halogoddess!!!! I'm sorry your special day was ruined, but you have come so far. However, if you do stop the project completely, I still think you're very talented. I hope you finish it (It would be a good piece for a portfolio). Anyways, keep your head up girl and stay creative.

- Tony

You still have Yamacon coming up in Nov. at the Detroit Ren. Cen. That will give you plenty of time to finish you're suit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back