Status
Not open for further replies.
20210701_164820.jpg

Yep, can't see a thing through this.
20210701_164810.jpg

At least I know my glasses will fit under the visor once I figure out a better one.

The clear filament was a bust so I'm going to do some research and attempt a resin visor. KGSupreme
Screenshot (10).png

If i print two visors as a mold and seal off the bottom and sides Im thinking that filling the middle will yield a good result. Assuming the cast doesnt break it wouldnt be too bad to smooth the surface from the print lines. If the printed mold breaks upon release I've wasted 50g of PLA and a lot of time pulling everything from the cast. Still, the product could be salvageable.

I aslo see that my old foam torso is a tad small, wouldnt have fit had I finished it.

The chest models are MoeSizzlac 's Thingiverse files
I printed the helmet at 100% scale and i used the files from Rainyfire, again form Thingiverse

The torsos are at 100%, 91% (the size my foam one would have been), and 108% left to right
Screenshot (11).png

Likely to print the chest closer to 108% to keep everything in porportion and while I had planned to upscale the chest a bit to add some bulk but i was not expecting an almost 20% increase in size!

Today was day 3 of printing the torso and other than some minor warping on the first print, all is good! I'm printing it at 105.91% the original size. no rhyme or reason for this other than it scales well with the helmet and should fit me as too. I messed up cutting the model for printing and lost some minor asymmetrical details, nothing I can't add on later assuming the pouches I plan to add don't cover that space.

There are some videos out there of molding and casting visors. Would love to see how you get that to work out!
I'll definitely try and find those before I take a crack at it myself. And I'll be sure to record how it goes, maybe even make a new thread if it's supper successful.

V2 of this little pouch mount

Screenshot (12).png

Offset where the pouch would sit to the left by a few cm. and added a bracket to hook onto the straps and hold everything nice and pretty.
Also working on some personal dog tags to go with the suit! Taking some creative liberties with its style and once I get everything else printed I'm going to swap out my .4mm nozzle for a .2mm and see if I can get some nice small text along with some decals or ship outlines printing .

A very early rendition,
more refinement to come!

Screenshot (14).png

20210711_124038.jpg

Doing some testing with resin to see how it behaves. I'm considering pouring it to the back of the visor I have printed after it's started to set so hopefully it won't just roll off. Mixed some gold and orange liquid pigment for color and if this works I'll apply some spaz stix mirror coat to the back for a reflective finish and have something wearable!

I might have had a breakthrough with my resin visor testing.
20210713_120656.jpg
I noticed that when wet, the resin is VERY transparent. But after any water on it would dry it would become rather cloudy. I thought of preventing it from drying the same way I do my skin and hair!
20210713_121159.jpg

Oil! A very thin coat seems to keep the resin nice and clear and it may even be penetrating the surface stopping it from drying. If it stays like this I'll try some metallic rustolium spray paint for a mirrored effect. If the rustolium fails my local hobby store has spaz stix mirror chrome and I'll try that.

20210715_230254.jpg
20210715_230320.jpg
20210715_230519.jpg
20210715_230629.jpg

Not as iconic (or useful) as the CE magnum, the Halo 2 M6 has taken has recently become my favorite style of pistol. Got this little guy out in 2 days and I'll be adding the SOCOM suppressor soon. Nice, clean model by From The Brink Studios that I've got held together with a pin and some easy to remove rubber bands for the slide.

Mag release works and will work as a slide release as well ( another happy accident as flicking the release forward will cause the slide to un-wedge itself if pulled back far enough)
This may stop working as I finalize everything and paint.

An assortment of attachments are available and fit by friction or pins for the lower add on I've included.

And now it's time to get the rest of my chest armor printed now that I'm back to work!

Last edited:
Those are some hella clean prints! I like the combo with the foam chest as well, that form work is tight!
Thanks! That foam chest was from years ago and ended up being far too small. I'm heavily considering doing a foam and 3D printed ODST hybrid at some point. I'm just thankful the printer is doing most of the work for my spartan at the moment!

After browsing the Halo wiki for M6 color variations I saw that there is a carbine variant, the M6 J/C carbine. It has a 35.5cm barrel and detachable stock. I'm going to see if I can model something that can join with the files I've used similar to conversion kit.

Covered in bondo, filled with bubbles and oiled on the outside so much I can even hold it.
But you know who can see?

20210717_014331.jpg

This guy!
This resin cast went wrong so fast. Batch was too orange for my liking and as I added more un dyed resin to lighten it I noticed it cured MUCH faster than my tests so the bubbles didn't escape. I started sanding more bondo off just now and I can absolutely see through it with polishing and oil. There may be something to salvage from it in the end but I'll be trying a few more for better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back