Having a problem with the site? POST HERE!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
This thread is for site issues and technical problems. While you can certainly create a new thread for an issue, if you post here, it is more likely to get reviewed in a timely manner.

So I wanted to get deeper into pepekura and all that stuff, many links from google redirect to the old 405th forum. When I want to access them I need to login, but I login don't work. I think new forum members have no access to the old forums? And I cant create a new account for the old forums. How do I view older threads from the old forum?

Upvote 0
So I wanted to get deeper into pepekura and all that stuff, many links from google redirect to the old 405th forum. When I want to access them I need to login, but I login don't work. I think new forum members have no access to the old forums? And I cant create a new account for the old forums. How do I view older threads from the old forum?

Thanks for becoming a member and I can certainly sympathize with your issue. We are in a catch-22 situation in which we are migrating our Resources section to the new forum as quickly as possible.... which is why you can still find the old site available in a limited way. Because of this we are limited in how we can setup redirects to our threads, which mean old Google links don't go anywhere right now. As soon as we have the resources moved, we will get those redirects up and working and that will improve the situation dramatically. Until then, now that you are a member, you will find that any of the old threads are here in the new software and you should be able to access them by using the search feature at the top right of the page. I apologize for the continued inconvenience this is causing.

Upvote 0
There are other names used in-game, such as the Library in Combat Evolved. I much agree that "Armory" is too vague, and even I didn't know what it was until I started browsing it.

Upvote 0
There are other names used in-game, such as the Library in Combat Evolved. I much agree that "Armory" is too vague, and even I didn't know what it was until I started browsing it.

We are definitely always more interested in trying to choose in-game names. Please keep throwing them out there!

Upvote 0
Fellow members...the reason you are seeing more Posts from members is because these requests are no longer going directly to the librarian because people refuse to look for themselves....we could call this pepakura database and people would still ask....because they are lazy. Can we please have fun with this club, it's naming conventions, and all things Halo instead of beating to death every new thing we try as a group. As with all things it takes time to adjust to new stuff...it's no different than moving to a new home, a new school, or a new job. Get used to your surroundings and embrace whats here. The site is better and way more organized and can only improve....go check the new map to locate your fellow builders, coalesce around people in your area and have a Game night.. but above all can we please get positive about all the improvements? I have been with this site since 2010 and it has only improved...and we all have seen rocky times with the 405th but if all we do is complain about stuff instead of working to embrace and improve and offer forward thinking suggestions instead of always wanting to go back to what we had which I am guessing if you asked the old librarian...was a nightmare....let's wake up as a group.

Upvote 0
Agreed......There were no complaints lodged......Just 2 statements about something we noticed and offered a suggestion, something you yourself just stated....... "embrace and improve and offer forward thinking suggestions" which is something we did. Getting used to a new environment and embracing what is here is all well and good but if we don't offer suggestions, where does the improvement begin? Even a new home could use a tweek or two here or there........it's how people personalize their home. And as a group.......if we didn't care, we wouldn't have the forum, let alone a discussion on a name for a file.....which all this is about. Just a discussion.

Upvote 0
I like the "Armoury Archives" suggestion too, having the word armoury in there works really well with how it's set up. All the files are categorized into their appropriate section and instead of having pep files all on their own like before they're put into sets, like an armoury would have it. Which btw, I have to give credit where it's due here the armoury setup now is awesome, it's such a vast improvement from the last, it's crazy easy to find what I'm looking for and I love how pep files for a specific armour set are all put into one file, really awesome idea there (although it's a bit of a piano sometimes when you want just one pep file from a set like the Reach accessories file and you have to download them all...but it doesn't really matter just a small inconvenience). I've ranted my two cents, I bid you all adieu.

Upvote 0
I can't say that I have a the need to find any files for any armor at the moment. I guess I just miss seeing a pic of the individual armor parts. You know, kinda like when you go shopping online for something. Its always good to have a preview of the product before you buy it.

Upvote 0
Yes a visual aid would help in the selection process....I myself would not know the difference between a MK3 vs an MK5 unless I was looking at them.

Upvote 0
Art Andrews

When i click on a sub forumn it takes me to the newest post from 2006. This is twice now that it has happened. Dont know if its on my end, on phone when happens, or you guys.

Upvote 0

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back